WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP ACTIVITES AT DESERT STORM

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That being said for your first announcement and RDP Guide to Desert Storm

STREET FAIR

1.Thursday Street Fair - RDP Will be at it's normal location which is the entire street next to Bad Dogs Bar & Grill / Fugs Bar. We will be bringing out the big "Boom Bandits" Stage again this year.

2.Matt Farris will be on Stage right at 6:30 and will play sets until the closing of the street fair! We will have music all day as well, but live bands start in the evening.

3.We would really like RDP to be well represented at the Street Fair, so please wear your RDP Gear!
RDP GROUP PHOTO FROM THE MAIN STAGE WILL HAPPEN AT 5:00 SHARP!!

4.Positive Trim will be inside the RDP Booth at the Street Fair!! Along with Kicker Audio!

FRIDAY POKER RUN - RAFT UP

1.This location was picked because the south facing beach should offer some protection from boat wakes. It is approximately 1 1/2 miles North of the Pump station.

2.Bring an Anchor, and BRING LARGE FENDERS!! If you show up with coke can diameter fenders don't be surprised if nobody wants to tie up with you. Poker Run starts at 10 am, I'm thinking we will leave the Thompson bay Buoy line at 9:00

raftuplocationmarked.jpg

FRIDAY NIGHT RDP "Meet and Greet"

First RDP Party Friday night is at RDP Headquarters (My house again this year)
2572 Mariner Ln / Lake Havsu City AZ
7:00'ISH until 12'ish (Then we hit the bars if we're still standing)

Obviously it's an RDP deal so all the booze will be handled. Working on having a professional BBQ team show up to cook for everyone as well, but not 100% on that yet.

SATURDAY NIGHT AFTER PARTY!

Location will be at Shugrues Banquet Room again this year! (Last year at this location before we go back underground again)

This party has grown beyond the capacity of the venue as evident by last year us having to close the doors several times. :( It has occurred to me that there are a lot of people that manage to get into this thing that are there more for the open bar, then they are for RDP or Desert Storm. So we are making some changes this year to the party to try and discourage some of that.

Wrist Bands for the After Party are available at the RDP Booth at the Street Fair!! If you are unable to attend the street fair this year for some reason it would behoove you to get ahold of me before hand and not at the door. The RDP Wristbands are free at the booth and will be good for Beer at the After Party. (We will have IPA's and all kinds of beers available, including light beers)

RDP is paying a considerable sum of money to Shugrues to "offset" a cash bar for those that like cocktails. So in short it will be half price drinks all night for whatever you order.

Sponsors of the AfterParty will have 10 wristbands each for a Full Open bar to give to their customers.

We have added Two additional bars to the After Party this year to try and cut down on the lines, and make sure people can get their drinks in a quick fashion.

As always I would recommend getting their EARLY!! If the place fills up, there isn't much I can do about it until next year when we change the venue to a larger location!

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If you have an RDP shirt on, I'd suspect you won't have any "Beverage" problems. ;)

(I'm slightly insulted at the question honestly.. LOL)

RD

Im sure it was rhetorical. :)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I REALLY wanted to go this year. I guess changing jobs and buying a house is a little more important.

I'll be jealous of you guys from out at Naci.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
If you have an RDP shirt on, I'd suspect you won't have any "Beverage" problems. ;)

(I'm slightly insulted at the question honestly.. LOL)

RD
That reminds me, gotta get some swag from you, last years shirt succumbed to mercruiser gear oil, you going to sellingbat the street fair again this year?

NDH2O

Reaction score
It sounds like it's going to be a good time, I can't wait!!!

svlperry

Reaction score

STREET FAIR

1.Thursday Street Fair - RDP Will be at it's normal location which is the entire street next to Bad Dogs Bar & Grill / Fugs Bar. We will be bringing out the big "Boom Bandits" Stage again this year.

2.Matt Farris will be on Stage right at 6:30 and will play sets until the closing of the street fair! We will have music all day as well, but live bands start in the evening.

3.We would really like RDP to be well represented at the Street Fair, so please wear your RDP Gear!

4.Positive Trim will be inside the RDP Booth at the Street Fair!! Along with Kicker Audio!

1.This location was picked because the south facing beach should offer some protection from boat wakes. It is approximately 1 1/2 miles North of the Pump station.

2.Bring an Anchor, and BRING LARGE FENDERS!! If you show up with coke can diameter fenders don't be surprised if nobody wants to tie up with you. Poker Run starts at 10 am, I'm thinking we will leave the Thompson bay Buoy line at 9:00

View attachment 556181

Obviously it's an RDP deal so all the booze will be handled. Working on having a professional BBQ team show up to cook for everyone as well, but not 100% on that yet.

Location will be at Shugrues Banquet Room again this year! (Last year at this location before we go back underground again)

This party has grown beyond the capacity of the venue as evident by last year us having to close the doors several times. :( It has occurred to me that there are a lot of people that manage to get into this thing that are there more for the open bar, then they are for RDP or Desert Storm. So we are making some changes this year to the party to try and discourage some of that.

Wrist Bands for the After Party are available at the RDP Booth at the Street Fair!! If you are unable to attend the street fair this year for some reason it would behoove you to get ahold of me before hand and not at the door. The RDP Wristbands are free at the booth and will be good for Beer at the After Party. (We will have IPA's and all kinds of beers available, including light beers)

RDP is paying a considerable sum of money to Shugrues to "offset" a cash bar for those that like cocktails. So in short it will be half price drinks all night for whatever you order.

Sponsors of the AfterParty will have 10 wristbands each for a Full Open bar to give to their customers.

We have added Two additional bars to the After Party this year to try and cut down on the lines, and make sure people can get their drinks in a quick fashion.

As always I would recommend getting their EARLY!! If the place fills up, there isn't much I can do about it until next year when we change the venue to a larger location!

RD

Leaving Victorville about five or 6 o'clock would like to come to your house Friday when I get up there for the meet and greet can I pick up a wristband for the after hours party on Saturday night? I cannot make the street party due to the fact is I'm not coming till Friday night

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

STREET FAIR

View attachment 556181

RD

I think its amazing you put this on every year, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying it is much appreciated and enjoyed! We are staying up river this year for a friends 40th birthday and most likely can't attend....but I wanna say thank anyways :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Leaving Victorville about five or 6 o'clock would like to come to your house Friday when I get up there for the meet and greet can I pick up a wristband for the after hours party on Saturday night? I cannot make the street party due to the fact is I'm not coming till Friday night

No problem

This sounds like it will be no fun.

Wear RDP gear...get drunk for free...sweet!

We try to keep it simple. ;) :D

I think its amazing you put this on every year, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying it is much appreciated and enjoyed! We are staying up river this year for a friends 40th birthday and most likely can't attend....but I wanna say thank anyways :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

You are very welcome! It's a lot of work, but it's our biggest event of the year so we try to make the most of it. :)

RD

Ultra247

Reaction score
Look forward to seeing you guys at the raft up. We'll swing by the street fair for some wrist bands if you don't mind!!

milkmoney

Reaction score
For get about all that stuff. Milkdud has a boat

R u sure about that ??[emoji202]

Well there goes any chance of him buying me a beer.
My wife said she liked u and enjoyed ur company. She said u were funny, so for that reason alone , I will dig deep in the piggy bank to buy you and ur wife a round or two.
[emoji202][emoji106][emoji41]

Icky

Reaction score
Last year I missed the street party due to work, not happening this year. Then missed just about everything else, weather sucked and said f it and went to parker for a friend's birthday.

This year I'm redoing my first desert Storm, so I plan on making it to half the activities:)

seanroberts

Reaction score
Well since I'm a FNG to RDP, I'll buy some gear at the street fair. Since I've been gone from the Havasu and Parker scence from 2004-2015. I just came back last year with one weekend in 2013, I've been doing the Lake Powell thing most of those years. I'll be in Parker a lot this summer and enjoying 2 of the boats at Parker & Havasu this summer. I look forward to meeting the RDP people, I'm sure we've crossed paths over the years when I was running the river and Havasu. I'm going to enjoy doing both again. I won't lie I'm still going to Lake Powell this summer it's an incredible place!

TexasJet

Reaction score
I think there should be a prize (like a tee shirt or hat) for the person that comes the furthest to the party. :rolleyes Said the guy from Houston.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
unreported beer, vendor and band......NOTED!!!!!

What beer.. :headscratch: The Vendor is "reported" We have bands every year Karl. :D Last year Little Town played with guest appearances by Matt. This year Matt is playing.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
We'll be there, and will be the easiest to spot..... My pastie ass hadn't seen sun in months!!

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I think there should be a prize (like a tee shirt or hat) for the person that comes the furthest to the party. :rolleyes Said the guy from Houston.

I just moved to the Heights in houston with my Wife. I have you beat by a couple miles if you are in Katy :)
:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just moved to the Heights in houston with my Wife. I have you beat by a couple miles if you are in Katy :)
:)

I have people coming from all over the country. North Carolina, Florida etc..

RD

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Can't make it but the set up sounds pretty Bad Ass! Good job RD:thumbsup

mobldj

Reaction score
will be there thursday and Friday. will there be the new flags in the booth ?

Wendi

Reaction score
Will be there Tuesday night can't wait. Need to buy a tank top before street fair.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I remember one year , a guy was walking around with a note hanging from his neck that said Tom Brown , will he be there ? And is it the REAL Tom Brown ?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
R u sure about that ??[emoji202]

My wife said she liked u and enjoyed ur company. She said u were funny, so for that reason alone , I will dig deep in the piggy bank to buy you and ur wife a round or two.
[emoji202][emoji106][emoji41]
I always knew I liked you for some reason. I look forward to it!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Well, pending my request for time off from my second job (aka the nights and weekends job) I will try to be there sometime early Friday, and probably not make the raft up. my boat will not be attending, and I'm still not sure where I will be parking my toybox, I am racing a jet ski race in Parker on Sunday. I am looking forward to the meet and greet Friday night. :thumbsup

charlyox

Reaction score
I am looking forward to DS again this year. Thanks RD and Stacy for doing what you do. It IS appreciated. :thumbup::thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well, pending my request for time off from my second job (aka the nights and weekends job) I will try to be there sometime early Friday, and probably not make the raft up. my boat will not be attending, and I'm still not sure where I will be parking my toybox, I am racing a jet ski race in Parker on Sunday. I am looking forward to the meet and greet Friday night. :thumbsup

If you get in a pinch let me know, I have a pretty big side yard you can park it in.

I am looking forward to DS again this year. Thanks RD and Stacy for doing what you do. It IS appreciated. :thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

fishing fool

Reaction score
Dave I picked up some new fenders for the raft up. I'll tie up next to you. [emoji41]

IMG_1258.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got a stainless rub rail on my boat so you'd probably rather not. :D More importantly though I'm not taking my boat to the raft up. I'll probably be in Dan's Nordic, or Roberts Magic. :D

RD

fishing fool

Reaction score
Just joking. I was useing this as a NOT to use fender.
Too small and flat.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I got a stainless rub rail on my boat so you'd probably rather not. :D More importantly though I'm not taking my boat to the raft up. I'll probably be in Dan's Nordic, or Roberts Magic. :D

RD

Talk Horizon into letting you demo the big Benny tri toon. Say I'm a potential buyer and need to take it out for the day. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Talk Horizon into letting you demo the big Benny tri toon. Say I'm a potential buyer and need to take it out for the day. :)

It's a consignment boat or I would! LOL

The more I look at that thing, the more I wonder where the hell I'd put it. It's like 45' on the trailer and 13' tall. I really like it, but I hate leaving shit outside.

RD

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
If you get in a pinch let me know, I have a pretty big side yard you can park it in.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Nice RD! and thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it! the only reason I don't have a reservation or place to park yet is because I don't know if I will be approved for time off. the company I work for is on the way out of the contract and are being crummy about approving time off. either way I will be out Friday morning and there is always Wal Mart lol! I only have a 21' toybox, so its easy to get into any place.
But again thank you kindly for the offer, and ill see how things go on Friday. :thumbsup