WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DS 2017 Shoot Out

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Last year saw Predator and Low Altitude turn speeds in the 180s in the Shoot Out. For those of us that got to see it, Sunday's display was friggin' awesome. What are the likely top speeds this year and who will be turning them?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Predator is sold, and I'm not sure if Low Altitude is coming this year or not.

If John Roth runs his boat, my money would be on it. Other than that I'd wager it's going to be mostly DCB's.

I hope some of the Outerlimits that are coming run the shoot out. Will be interesting to watch some Big Vee's get out there and do it!

RD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Predator is sold, and I'm not sure if Low Altitude is coming this year or not.

If John Roth runs his boat, my money would be on it. Other than that I'd wager it's going to be mostly DCB's.

I hope some of the Outerlimits that are coming run the shoot out. Will be interesting to watch some Big Vee's get out there and do it!

RD

I'd love to see Roth's boat run again! It's my personal favorite!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
So for people that aren't in the know, what kind of speeds will we see? Better than last year? Or just more competitive and closely bunched?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So for people that aren't in the know, what kind of speeds will we see? Better than last year? Or just more competitive and closely bunched?

There's an E-ticket that runs like 150, an I know he just added some power to it. DCB's will run in the 160's usually. They might be able to get a little more this year, as I think they are bringing a 1550 boat. If Roth gets someone to run the boat, who knows.. That boat could legitimately put up close to if not 200 mph. Problem is finding someone that will do it.

RD

Hammer

Reaction score
Londons Skater could be the shoot out king this year?

Singleton

Reaction score
Not sure you will see Low Attitude this year. Win does not have his normal street fair setup so he might be doing something different. That plus I never thought it was right allowing a turbine powered boat into the mix. Always did enjoy seeing piston power boat exceeding a turbine boat.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Not sure you will see Low Attitude this year. Win does not have his normal street fair setup so he might be doing something different. That plus I never thought it was right allowing a turbine powered boat into the mix. Always did enjoy seeing piston power boat exceeding a turbine boat.

IMHO Gary Smith's 2016 Shoot Out performance with his piston powered open cockpit boat was nothing short of phenomenal.

Gbernardy

Reaction score
I am planning to have my boat in the street party and run in the poker run, but my DCB F29 will probably only run in the high 120's or low 130's so I am thinking about skipping the shootout....

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Seems to me, one of the beauties of the Shoot Out is simarly equipped boats running against the clock. It is not just who has the absolute max. Hell, last year that car/boat thing even made a couple of passes, and they were surprisingly quick (in the 40-50s ??). As RD mentioned, would be great to see what some of the big V bottoms could do.

As of tonight, I count only about 3 Skaters participating in DS. And that doesn't mean they're in the Shoot Out. See about 12 MTIs and many more DCBs. Again, just participating and not necessarily in the SO.

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
That 48 mti with 1550s should be fun, and who knows if the m44 twin shows up hmmmm.... I'm dying to see Vinnie Diorio's sv48 with 1350s run and a few other outterlimits that will be in attendance but who knows if they will run the shootout.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Best seat in the house: Islander has a spot just south of the marina. They even put bleachers up...

prosthogod

Reaction score
Anybody else remember the couple years when Bud Lt and CRC had two boats out, and the rest of the lineup was off the charts with sweeper and other Nor-techs. What happened to all those big ballers. DCBs are cool, but we see them alll the time, and based on the DCB M41 my friend just bought used, "anybody" can drive them.

Reactions: DWC

prosthogod

Reaction score
Oh my Magic 30ft Septor will only do 85 with 6 people, 160gals of fuel, and coolers filled to the brim, so im not going to do the SO.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Tickfaw 200 & also the fact that Lake Havasu is an extremely long haul for those Midwest & FL boats to travel, especially if the weather was seemingly always a factor, windy, rain etc...The last couple of years at DS have looked like a DCB regatta.
Is the Tickfaw the same weekend or close?

Singleton

Reaction score
Tickfaw 200 & also the fact that Lake Havasu is an extremely long haul for those Midwest & FL boats to travel, especially if the weather was seemingly always a factor, windy, rain etc...The last couple of years at DS have looked like a DCB regatta.

Agreed. These big events need to be on separate weekends to draw the boats. Since DS decided to move, they should of moved to the weekend after Mother's Day (weekend before memorial)

Terry G

Reaction score
Low Altitude was on the water either Thursday or Friday last weekend. Saw it cruising out from the Islander area when I was setting up my awning. Thought it was my neighbor using a shop vac until it kept getting louder. Crazy boat, hope to see it out there next week.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Yep! Too many DCB's and we have all seen them run before.

We won't be watching the shootout, going to be up at Pirates like last year and enjoy some peace & quiet in the morning.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
By far my favorite boat & has been for several years now!! The boat, trailer & tow rig are off the charts!! And I could listen to those engines idling all day![emoji1305]

Has he used the boat much since JT drove it at DS, a few years back?
I don't think he has. I know he did upgrade the engines so they are bigger and more powerful than before.

gqchris

Reaction score
The shootout gets blown out every year anyways:p

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yes, the Shoot Out was cancelled last year on Saturday due to weather. But, Sunday produced some great weather. And those that wanted to run, quickly put together things for Sunday morning. The internet produced word that some boats were going to run. So, we went to Site 6 point and were able to watch. I feel the main thing the SO lacks is live commentary providing the various run times and who is coming up next. Thru the years there has been live streaming, but typically not. Fortunately we were next to a SO committee member and his VHF radio providing all the on the spot info. That made all the difference.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Low Altitude was on the water either Thursday or Friday last weekend. Saw it cruising out from the Islander area when I was setting up my awning. Thought it was my neighbor using a shop vac until it kept getting louder. Crazy boat, hope to see it out there next week.

I love that boat [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

IMG_0055.jpg

TLAW719

Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am planning to have my boat in the street party and run in the poker run, but my DCB F29 will probably only run in the high 120's or low 130's so I am thinking about skipping the shootout....

Welcome to the board! high 120's / 130's is still hauling ass!