WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FIRE AT OUR SHOP YESTERDAY!!!

rivergames

Reaction score
Yesterday was an interesting day.

At the start of the video, you can see our neighbor walking over to the back corner of their property behind the jeep by the race trailer.

Skip to 4:30 on the video and you can slowly see the fire starting.

Behind the truck is (was) 2 stacks of pallets. One stack of pallets somehow got ignited my neighbors cigarettes. We are thinking there had to be something flammable on one of the pallets

Within a few minutes, 1 full stack of pallets was on fire and ignited the spare tire on the back door of the jeep.

The blazing spare tire lit the back of the jeep and interior on fire.

Keep in mind, myself and all my office were working like dogs in our offices.

All of a sudden, another neighbor runs up to our front door and tells my secretary and she yells out "There is a fire in the back"

At 7:55 of the video, you will see us all running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

1 of our employees moved his BMW SUV that was parked next to the jeep. My brother moved his silverado that was 2 spots from the jeep. I run and open our fence and call 911 for the fire department and hand the phone off to my brother as I run in our warehouse and grab the forklift. I zoom over to the front of the race trailer, but the ball wasn't in its normal fockin spot on the forklift so I had to strap the trailer to the forks. I was worried the gas tank was going to catch and the fucking jeep was going to explode.

I was too much of a pussy to pull the stone chock I had holding the trailer up on the small incline. I wanted to, but I just got blown up a few months ago and didn't want to try my luck again.

So I hop back on the forklift and hit the gas and jump the enclosed trailer over the chock and drag it to safety.

A few minutes after I moved the trailer, the Firetruck arrived and the LAFD went to work. The guys were there in 4 minutes. Much respect!

So the firemen start hosing down the fire and one of em yells out, "There is a propane bottle in the back"....GREAT!!!!

Turns out, my truck driver (Owner of the jeep) went to a BBQ over the weekend and needed the 5 gallon propane tank. He told his kid to pull the tank out after their BBQ, but it was left in the truck.

Luckily, the firemen were able to put the fire out before the propane tank exploded. The spare tire and the back right tire exploded though!:thumbsup

The outcome:
-Jeep is totaled and now is in insurances hands :(
-Neighbor tried to lie and say it wasn't them, until we pulled the recorded video tape and showed the sheriffs. I lay in to that MOFO for lying and he apologized.... :grumble:
-No one was hurt! :thumbsup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Kbhfsh_3s&feature=youtu.be

rivergames

Reaction score
... IMAG0964.jpg IMAG0965.jpg IMAG0967.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's crazy Andrew! So you got it on film with the guy with the cigarette? I couldn't find it in the video.

RD

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Glad you got it out :thumbup: That was a nice jeep that was ruined.

Will there be any accountability by the neighbors for the deductible?

rivergames

Reaction score
That's crazy Andrew! So you got it on film with the guy with the cigarette? I couldn't find it in the video.

RD

There is another video that I need to upload to youtube when I get the SD card back.

We couldn't tell he was smoking a cig (only assumed) until his boss finally fessed up after we had video showing one of their employees was back there when the fire started. Otherwise those summa bitches would have kept lying and lying.

rivergames

Reaction score
Glad you got it out :thumbup: That was a nice jeep that was ruined.

Will there be any accountability by the neighbors for the deductible?

It was a very nice jeep.

The neighbor confessed to the sheriffs and it is in the report that their employee was smoking a cig and it accidentally caught on fire.

They tried to put it out with a bucket of water haha

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
What a bummer! Glad it wasn't something worse and nobody got hurt. Smart move on getting the vehicles and trailer away.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
This sucks but here is my two favorite parts of this story:

1. Nobody got hurt!

2. The line, "I wanted to, but I just got blown up a few months ago..." :lmao:rotflmao: Hilarious how you're so casual about getting "blown up"

rivergames

Reaction score

1. Nobody got hurt!

2. The line, "I wanted to, but I just got blown up a few months ago..." :lmao:rotflmao: Hilarious how you're so casual about getting "blown up"

Getting burnt is an unbearable pain that takes a LONG time to slowly heal. I can laugh about it now, but it was a rough month of December!

Reaction score
On a side note. Damn you run funny. [emoji16][emoji16]

Glad no one was hurt

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Looks like LA county fire no LA

Glad you didnt blow up. Lol

rivergames

Reaction score
On a side note. Damn you run funny. [emoji16][emoji16]

Glad no one was hurt

Everyone who has watched the video keeps saying that the 3 of us running around look like chickens with our heads cut off :p

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit. That's crazy. Thank God you had the cameras. I'm sure someone is just a little bit worried right now.

So glad to hear you're OK!!

Reaction score
Everyone who has watched the video keeps saying that the 3 of us running around look like chickens with our heads cut off :p

In all the years I've known you I ain't never seen you move that fast. [emoji16][emoji16]

riverroyal

Reaction score
life isn't fair.....your neighbors Pedo-van survives with graffiti and free ice cream and day care service

rivergames

Reaction score
Ole Wang Liqin, Chew Kok, Phat Ho, & Ho Lee Fuk really created a shitty mess!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Looks like one of the tires blows just as the first firefighter approaches the jeep.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
WOW!

Crazy brother, glad to hear everyone is ok...and you figured it out...:eek

Someone gonna get a big ass bill from the Fire Dept lol....:p

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Wow! Glad you guys are alright :thumbup:

And nice your camera was operating :thumbup::thumbup:

Riley1

Reaction score
Shameless plug.

I'm putting my 2015 Rubicon up for sale this week. If your truck driver wants to replace his jeep.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score

1. Nobody got hurt!

X2 on the line

My second favorite is when the fire truck shows up and the dude takes off running with the hose. At about 50ft out it snags for a second and almost drops him [emoji23]...it's f$&@?! Up but funny

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
So how much for the "totalled" jeep? Looks like it could be worth saving, just saying :)
Or it will end up at copart, and a paletas salesman will fix it and be rolling a nice ride:thumbsup

Glad everyone's ok :tbi

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
X2 on the line

My second favorite is when the fire truck shows up and the dude takes off running with the hose. At about 50ft out it snags for a second and almost drops him [emoji23]...it's f$&@?! Up but funny

That happens occasionally, I was never laid out due to the snag... But f*!K that can hurt.

Great Hussle on the firefighters.... Only bad part.... If a full leak started and you had a running fire down the swell of concrete in the parking lot.... Bye bye trailer...
Glad no one got hurt.

Taboma

Reaction score
Cuz I don't know --- obviously by your pics there's one hell of a lot of cleanup after the fire is extinguished. Knowing how strict the authorities are for contractors and how tap water is apparently not allowed down the storm drains, how does this get handled ? Does the Fire Dept just hose all that foam and residue down the driveway to the street ? Hazmat contractor called in ?

rivergames

Reaction score
Cuz I don't know --- obviously by your pics there's one hell of a lot of cleanup after the fire is extinguished. Knowing how strict the authorities are for contractors and how tap water is apparently not allowed down the storm drains, how does this get handled ? Does the Fire Dept just hose all that foam and residue down the driveway to the street ? Hazmat contractor called in ?
The foam tried up. Just black silt from the shit burning. We did a quick clean up, but the pressure washer will be used when the tow company picks up the jeep.

rivergames

Reaction score
So how much for the "totalled" jeep? Looks like it could be worth saving, just saying :)
Or it will end up at copart, and a paletas salesman will fix it and be rolling a nice ride:thumbsup

Glad everyone's ok :tbi
Whatever the insurance wants for it I guess. Not my deal go get involved in.

Taboma

Reaction score
The foam tried up. Just black silt from the shit burning. We did a quick clean up, but the pressure washer will be used when the tow company picks up the jeep.

Cool to know it doesn't trigger an EPA Hazmat alert :thumbsup