WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tremor Therapy (2) back on the water!

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
Hey RDP inmates,
As many of you know, my family had to give up boating for a long time. I never thought life would throw this many issues my families way, and to be honest, for a long time I thought we would never get back on the water, let alone ahead of the challenges. I know this may sound cliche to many, but hard work, taking on one thing at a time, perseverance, time, and having a goal of getting back on the water some day have all worked out. In the past 6 weeks we bought an Excursion through RDP, and many thanks to Dan for hooking me up with Gene, and now my wife and I have bought another Shockwave Tremor, once again through connections and people of RDP! We drove out yesterday to check it out, and bought it. Gene thanks for taking spotless care of this boat, we are truly lucky! We head out Mother's Day weekend, the weekend after Father's Day in June, and are arranging the rest of boating season now. We can't hide the giddy smiles on our faces.

To all of you who knew what we have been through, and have passed on words of encouragement, good thoughts, advice, and just kept telling me to keep plugging along...thank you! We have missed boating more than words can express. There is a freedom, a calmness, an excitement, and a vibe that you just can't get anywhere else. I checked in here from time-to-time and you guys and your good times kept me going. There are many relationships that kind of faded during the past 8+ years, and I look forward to running into everyone again, re-connecting with our boating friends and creating more memories! There is no name on the boat now, but give me some time, Tremor Therapy 2 will be painted on the transom soon! So look us up, stop by and introduce yourself, and I'll toss you a cold one!

BTW, anybody know who paints boat names in Havasu? It's the tag line plus 2!

Attachments

• ttll.jpg
    ttll.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 27

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
That's awesome! Big congrats to you!! The boat looks great, more details!

We're hoping to get out to Havasu more this season more than we have the last few years - We will watch for you on the water.:thumbsup

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
Thanks Greg,
We have missed seeing a lot of the old crew. You , DAB, Salty, Jeff, Gary, RRX, NeverSatisfied, Locogringo, LoneStarRage, Instigator, so many others, and will always miss ShockwaveBD and Keith Sayre. It is pretty much a stock Tremor with a 496HO, nice stereo, and engine mounted ski and wake board poles. We didn't have a lot of time for pictures etc., we had to buy the boat, rent a storage unit, and we had to be back in town today, so we drive out Friday night and back Saturday afternoon. But we will be out there more often as well, and look forward to seeing everyone again.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Great news, congratulations.:thumbsup

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

Great that you got through all that!

I would recommend "Team Thompson",, Bob Thompson is an old school guy who will do you right. I don't have contact info at my fingertips, but will figure it out if you can't find him.

hplavey

AKA JFT
Reaction score
Hey Alan
Good to c your back. Congratulations on your new boat. Most of the old gang is gone. We still keep in touch with a few
Too bad you didn't make it out this weekend. It was epic. On my way home now. All Worn out.
C u on the water

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Congrats on finally getting back in the game!! I'm stoked for you!

I have also used Bob Thompson and have been very happy. There are a lot of talented guys that can do it out here as well if for some reason he can't. Don Burda is another good one

Redneckgirl

Reaction score
Hey Allen...glad you are back on the water and in the family. I know your heart never left.😉 We where here this weekend and will be back in town end of July. Would love to see you guys again.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Congratulations. Victory tastes sweeter the second time around!!!
You earned it and deserve to enjoy your rewards!!

relaxalot

Reaction score
Glad things worked out. That is an awesome boat with good karma!! Make some memories! Best guy that I know in the lettering biz is Don Burda.. looking forward to seeing you on the water!

relaxalot

Reaction score
Hey RDP inmates,
As many of you know, my family had to give up boating for a long time. I never thought life would throw this many issues my families way, and to be honest, for a long time I thought we would never get back on the water, let alone ahead of the challenges. I know this may sound cliche to many, but hard work, taking on one thing at a time, perseverance, time, and having a goal of getting back on the water some day have all worked out. In the past 6 weeks we bought an Excursion through RDP, and many thanks to Dan for hooking me up with Gene, and now my wife and I have bought another Shockwave Tremor, once again through connections and people of RDP! We drove out yesterday to check it out, and bought it. Gene thanks for taking spotless care of this boat, we are truly lucky! We head out Mother's Day weekend, the weekend after Father's Day in June, and are arranging the rest of boating season now. We can't hide the giddy smiles on our faces.

To all of you who knew what we have been through, and have passed on words of encouragement, good thoughts, advice, and just kept telling me to keep plugging along...thank you! We have missed boating more than words can express. There is a freedom, a calmness, an excitement, and a vibe that you just can't get anywhere else. I checked in here from time-to-time and you guys and your good times kept me going. There are many relationships that kind of faded during the past 8+ years, and I look forward to running into everyone again, re-connecting with our boating friends and creating more memories! There is no name on the boat now, but give me some time, Tremor Therapy 2 will be painted on the transom soon! So look us up, stop by and introduce yourself, and I'll toss you a cold one!

Burdadesign.com

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Congratulations... I know you've been through a lot and I'm very happy for you and your family. :thumbup:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats!

By the way, did you once own a 21 named Group Therapy?

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
Congrats!

By the way, did you once own a 21 named Group Therapy?

Indeed I did! That 21 was my first "big" boat, and introduction to Shockwave! We had a lot of good times on the river with that boat. I know she swapped hands a few times, but she was good to us!

DAB

Reaction score
Hey RDP inmates,

Congrats Alan! I'll be out there this weekend for the maiden voyage on the 28.. I'll keep my eyes out for you..if you see me come say hello.. There's a new build thread and you can see what it looks like..hope to see you on the water..

the510

Reaction score
Awesome news. You got the beautiful 2000 white excursion with 112K? If you have any questions about service and maintenance let me know. I have become somewhat of a subject matter expert on it haha. Congrats on the boat!!

charlyox

Reaction score
Congrats on finally getting back in the game!! I'm stoked for you!

I have also used Bob Thompson and have been very happy. There are a lot of talented guys that can do it out here as well if for some reason he can't. Don Burda is another good one

Welcome back.:thumbup:
Congrats on your new whip. Bob Thompson: (909) 987-4424.He does great work.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed I did! That 21 was my first "big" boat, and introduction to Shockwave! We had a lot of good times on the river with that boat. I know she swapped hands a few times, but she was good to us!

No shit! She was in my hands a long while back. I bought it from a divorced woman in Wildomar and sold it through Boaters Outlet. I passed it once in Thompson Bay a year after I sold it.

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0539.jpg

Duffster

Reaction score
All I can say is it's about f@$king time!! I'm very happy for you guys.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Congrats on the boat!

Burda and Thompson seem to be the ones most use for names and numbers. Burda uses a stencil and airbrushes, Thompson hand letters.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Congrats on your return to the boating community and hope you enjoy your new boat. Bob Thompson is great for numbers and boat names. He is old school and free hands the paint brush.