WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2017 Campbell Carl memorial dam damn run

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Good video, enjoyed it. First time we did upper Mohave was in the 80s on a house boat we rented at Willow Beach. Cruising down that stretch of the river for the first time at 6-8 mph (house boat speed) somehow just felt right. We saw numerous Bighorn sheep etc. Have traveled that portion of Mohave many times since. But, that first experience was special. Back then Willow Beach was a good family owned operation. They had a nice bar, restaurant, store, rental house boats and a very reasonable motel. But, they were shut down by the Fed Govt. Believe they were overtaken by the politics of the lake. 7 Crown Resorts (Katherine's) and Forever Resorts (Cottonwood) likely didn't shed any tears when the Fed's shut them down.

hold_j

Reaction score
I've never been to Mohave always have wanted to tho ! This run looks like it would be fun. How's fuel situation out there. My boat usually burns 50 gallons or with a 60 gallon tank going from havasu to pirates and back.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I've never been to Mohave always have wanted to tho ! This run looks like it would be fun. How's fuel situation out there. My boat usually burns 50 gallons or with a 60 gallon tank going from havasu to pirates and back.

Plenty spots to fill up....Willow...Cottonwood....Katherines

Makia lll

Reaction score
Are t shirts available? If so, I'm in for 1-2X large, 4 large, 1 medium, 4 small. I hope to rent a ' go fast boat's at Katherine resort. It's crazy to see Carl's jesticulations in my youngest son. Smokes like a girl. I miss my bro.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm in for 5 shirts. I have a quick job walk then I'll get a list going.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Coming up quick. I need to call rd I've been kind of swamped though. Wife just took her days off work though so we are official. Leaving Thursday am and coming back Monday. I'm super stoked. Don't think the house will be done but oh well.

Sbarry

Reaction score
How do you guys think my little 22 would do up there?

Sbarry

Reaction score
1.RD - Friday Night BBQ / Most of Damn run then heading back
2.Bhc Vic and crew
3.Dirtbag
4.Don Johnson
5.CharlyOx ??
6.T&Y
7. Tom, Brad Bulger and guests
8.OutboardBahner
9.Rush1
10.keithco
11.BpRacing
12.jeepdog - BBQ for everyone Friday Night at his house
13.Don Johnson + Friends from Willow*
14.regor
15.3Queens
16.Spectra3279. Might have to be a boat bitch.
17.CoolCruzin
18.3.slow
19.ParkerTime + 5
20.Shock22
21.Cobra dave
22.Cricket and crew
23.Constant840
24. Dog boy
25. Sbarry with 3 buddies. Leaving the wives at home. (Weather dependent)

Sbarry

Reaction score
Did the run last year in my 22

Hey shock22... Your profile says you're from BHC. Have you ran the basin in the bigger chop? Have you had any problems? I know I tried to pull out of the north end of the channel onto Havasu in a bad wind storm, took a bunch of water over the front, and said I'd never try that again on this boat. However the very next day, I hit the lake heading south from Pirates already at speed, and the boat did great over the same large wind chop.

Sorry Vic, not trying to thread jack. Just trying to get a feeler if I should even be planning this trip on the 22. Me and a few guys are already heading out that way for the weekend on a last minute planned trip to Laughlin/ Needles, but then I remembered you guys are doing the run on Saturday. This has been a bucket list trip for some time now, and it never seems to work with my schedule. (Wish I was able to run it in the 25 LOL)

rush1

Reaction score
I've done it the last 3 years in my 20'open bow jet, 1st one to leave ,last one to arrive. It's so much fun ,if the lake gets choppy you cry on someone's shoulder (Vic) and have him go slow and ride in his wake to get back across the basin

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Hey shock22... Your profile says you're from BHC. Have you ran the basin in the bigger chop? Have you had any problems? I know I tried to pull out of the north end of the channel onto Havasu in a bad wind storm, took a bunch of water over the front, and said I'd never try that again on this boat. However the very next day, I hit the lake heading south from Pirates already at speed, and the boat did great over the same large wind chop.

Sorry Vic, not trying to thread jack. Just trying to get a feeler if I should even be planning this trip on the 22. Me and a few guys are already heading out that way for the weekend on a last minute planned trip to Laughlin/ Needles, but then I remembered you guys are doing the run on Saturday. This has been a bucket list trip for some time now, and it never seems to work with my schedule. (Wish I was able to run it in the 25 LOL)
Launch at Cottonwood. When we ran our 21 Eliminator, that's what we did to be safe.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Sb

Tow to cotton wood
You will miss nothing on that part of the run
It's about an hour tow on a nice road
Launch ramp is nice there parking is close
Best part is not having to deal with Katherine's Landing

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I prefer to launch at kathrines. Only a 20-30 minute boat ride to cottonwood. Now that I've been parking in the lower lot I really like kathrines. We've been lucky the past 4 years (knock on wood)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
3 queens is right though. It really starts gettig good after cottonwood

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
1.RD - Friday Night BBQ / Most of Damn run then heading back
2.Bhc Vic and crew
3.Dirtbag
4.Don Johnson
5.CharlyOx ??
6.T&Y
7. Tom, Brad Bulger and guests
8.OutboardBahner
9.Rush1
10.keithco
11.BpRacing
12.jeepdog - BBQ for everyone Friday Night at his house
13.Don Johnson + Friends from Willow*
14.regor
15.3Queens
16.Spectra3279. Might have to be a boat bitch.
17.CoolCruzin
18.3.slow
19.ParkerTime + 5
20.Shock22
21.Cobra dave
22.Cricket and crew
23.Constant840
24. Dog boy
25. Sbarry with 3 buddies. Leaving the wives at home. (Weather dependent)

Thats a nice size group showing up. Some won't show some others not signed up will.....

Good job Vic!

You guys will have a good time for sure.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I will be weather dependent too on Katherine's or cottonwood. As of now I am doing Katherine's. The only thing that I am concerned about is monsoons, may not see them coming until it's too late.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Kids are covered, time off is covered, now I just need to get my boat running correct. I might actually be back in this thing:thumbsup

shock22

Reaction score

I have been out in the basin when got bad had to work it an little but boat did fine. Not the best of rides but very much one that can be done.

Riley1

Reaction score
Less than 2 weeks! We're getting stoked!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Boat is ready... well almost... but it will be. Add me back to the list.

For those of us in the errrr not so fast crowd... I'll be pulling out of Katherines about 10-15 minutes ahead of the pack (cruising around 35 - 40 most of the way). That way they aren't waiting too long for us at Cottonwood. Probably do the same there to Willow. See you guys on the water.

milkmoney

Reaction score

For those of us in the errrr not so fast crowd... I'll be pulling out of Katherines about 10-15 minutes ahead of the pack (cruising around 35 - 40 most of the way). That way they aren't waiting too long for us at Cottonwood. Probably do the same there to Willow. See you guys on the water.
Get that plugged fixed [emoji6] [emoji202]

kiethco

Reaction score

Exactly my speed. See ya there.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I am planning to leave havasu @7:30 to 8 am Saturday morning. This will put me at Katherine's about 9:30 ish. Does my Windsor boat launch pass work there?

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I am planning to leave havasu @7:30 to 8 am Saturday morning. This will put me at Katherine's about 9:30 ish. Does my Windsor boat launch pass work there?

same here leaving 7:30/8:00 from havasu