WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

T56 problems in a new challenger

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I got a new challenger scat pack a few months back. The car has 1300 miles on it, took it out today 2nd gear feels like I'm crushing rocks. My wife drives it more than I do she babies it. Im reserved in it as well but I'm not afraid of it ether. But second is unbelievable it's a peach. It will down shift fine but 1st to 2nd no way. It started off this morning just barely nibbling the 2nd gear as it went in now I put about 40 more city miles on it and it's flat out f+^#]}=%. I've had nothing but problems with this car since I got it. The dealer lost the second key, so when I got the car I got one key. Fought with them to get the second key, they picked the car up and drove the hell out of up to the dealership. Car has GPS on it that I can track in real time. They bring the car back and modified it for me in the form of monster scratch down the passenger side. Finally it goes to the body shop this Wednesday to get half of the car repainted. There is a lot more crap with the dealership but this is the gist of it. Now what the heck do I do about this transmission? This car has been a nightmare since I got it, literally makes me sick. I won't take it back to the dealer I got it from but I have a feeling this is not going to go well considering the hell we have been through already. I'm at a loss seriously I realize it's only a car but my patients are shot. My wife got the car for me as a gift I've wanted something to play around in since I sold my drag cars and motorcycles several years ago. Kids they can single handedly change your hobbies. Truly they will, they are the reason we got in to boats. Not that I would trade it all back, I have an amazing wife and kids. But this car was supposed to be fun and it's a train wreck.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Sorta sounds like the dealership is the nightmare? Not the car itself?
As far as what to do?
Probably go to a different dealership for starters.

Icky

Reaction score
I agree new dealership, at the very least talk to the service director at that one, first call Dodge customer care and tell them your story, they should help you with your issues and steer you to a place that will treat you better.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Sorta sounds like the dealership is the nightmare? Not the car itself?
As far as what to do?
Probably go to a different dealership for starters.

I agree new dealership, at the very least talk to the service director at that one, first call Dodge customer care and tell them your story, they should help you with your issues and steer you to a place that will treat you better.

New dealership.

This.

Towbin?

Frankenmax

Reaction score
The day after I got the car March 21st my parents came in to town. The sales manager was calling me soliciting me for money. He was telling me I shorted them on the deal and told me I needed to come in and pay the difference. I told him no dice I would come in next week and handle it. I had to leave for work. So that week I was gone my wife called to get an appointment to get it re keyed. Sales manager and sales men blew her off. Now it's around April 10 on my way home from work I stop in the dealer to find out what deal was with the car. Come to find out they blew my wife off for the heck of it and the deal with the money I owed them was all bs they can't count. But finally after more phone calls and headache it went for new keys. That's when it got the Nevada pinstripe. I was back at work when this happened. The car comes back she sees the scratch and calls the sales manager. They took pictures of the car when it got to the shop before the service took place. The scratch was not present so it got it on the way home. The dealership yanked me around, So I offered to take the car back and get my attorney involved if they didn't start cooperating. The regional manager for dodge calls my wife to work things out. They hatch a plan to get the car to a body shop. I told her no wait until I'm home and so on. The regional guy says this shop is great its the only one that he personally goes to and this crap. So I agree to send the car there. Bad idea and I called it lowest bidder always wins. All they did was sand the finish off and buff the snot out it. Now by this time I'm loosing my mind. I had some choice words with the regional guy and got in touch with general service manager and I had a meeting with him and mother in law (by phone). She's a GSM at another dealership back east. So we hashed out all the crap they agreed to pay for the car to be fixed at a body shop of my choice. I had a quote when I went in so to me it was done deal rite? Wrong they yanked the body shop around not wanting to pay them. They body shop told me the dealership ship was not cooperating and wanted to make them a vender so payment could be delayed. The service department contacted me that day wanting to set a service date for oil changes and crap. I got shitty with them and told them never to contact me again and so forth. Long story short I got the check to fix the car the next day no questions asked. Don't ever buy a dang thing from Prestige or Tobin dodge in Las Vegas or Henderson. Prestige is where I got the car and Tobin is owned by the same jack wagon. The regional guy I dealt with that vouched for the body shop is at Tobin. I should have built my self a car it would have been easier.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

The car is pearl white so half of it has to be refinishing to look proper. It was almost 1500 in damages.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I remember the story of you getting your car.

This is over my contacts pay grade at Towbin, I wish I could help.

Icky

Reaction score
I still think you should call Dodge corporate customer service.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I still think you should call Dodge corporate customer service.

And say what? I don't think anything will come of it. As for my trans I don't know, I suppose I'll find a dealer and have them look at it. Or I will just rebuild it my self.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
And say what? I don't think anything will come of it. As for my trans I don't know, I suppose I'll find a dealer and have them look at it. Or I will just rebuild it my self.

...and tell them your experience.

Chrysler corp should run down the chain of your issues with the dealer.

Icky

Reaction score
Complain, we have free oil changes on our mega cab now. Bunch of little shit with the fender flares, the u connect etc. But because we've had so many issues they gave us the free oil changes for a couple years and call us after every service to make sure everything is good.

It's not the dealerships fault as in your case though. But everyone is held accountable to someone

Frankenmax

Reaction score
If dodge wants to shut me up and make me happy. They can fix my trans and cut me a check for 5k. That's never going to happen but I will call tomorrow and give it a shot. At the very least I'll get the trans fixed I'm sure.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Trans should be covered under warranty but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell you will get a penny from dodge.

Skat packs are bad ass but I have to recommend the 8 speed auto on all those cars they run so much better and are quite a bit faster in every facet.

Sucks to hear about the troubles you were pretty pumped on the program.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Trans should be covered under warranty but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell you will get a penny from dodge.

Skat packs are bad ass but I have to recommend the 8 speed auto on all those cars they run so much better and are quite a bit faster in every facet.
Sucks to hear about the troubles you were pretty pumped on the program.

Nice.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
The 8 speed is faster you are correct. I got the chance to ride in a coworkers auto scat pack and enjoyed it. That's how the wife got the idea after I told her about. Also earlier last year I went Tobin to look at a scat pack. They didn't have one, I drove my gas saver VW Jetta there once the sales men realized what I drove there he wasn't willing to locate one. So I walked away and blew it off. She got the stick knowing I wouldn't twin turbo or blow it in order to make a 9 second car out of it. Transmission selection has been discussed on previous builds, she listens. I was shopping for a deal on a door car chassis and shell just prior to the challenger. She knew it was only time before something was going to be added to the stable. So with that being said in a way she got what she wanted, which was to keep me off a track and shut me up. Women are so calculating sometimes. I like to pretend I don't know what she's doing just to see sometimes how fare she will push. Don't let her lie to you though she likes power my 383 S10 TH400 and trans brake on giggle gas was her go to for fun. She got a kick out of the built compound turbo D-max she actually drove that truck way more than I did. She enjoyed it when people would roll up next to her wanting to race. Most of the time she would let it go but every now and again she would fry some tires. So bottom line she got the car just to enjoy not work on it all the time. The s10 was a 10 year project and the duramax was 7 so I see her point. She feels so bad about all the headache.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Got Chrysler on the phone today. The rep was rather shocked by the mess. Good news is it's going to a different dealership as soon as it gets out of the body shop at the end of the month.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
So quick update the car went to chapman Doge in Henderson NV. They got the car late Friday 6-2-17. Vince the service rep was always giving us updates on the car from the time it hit there shop. I went down this morning because I wanted to see the failure my self. Vince took me back to the service bay no problem. To our surprise the tech had gotten the trans in from Detroit not only that but it was almost ready for a road test. So I went home and few ours later they called and said come get it. I could not be happier at this moment. As long as I own a dodge it's Chapman from here on out. Oh and the failure in the trans was the second gear synchronizer. It grenaded for some unknown reason.

Icky

Reaction score
Glad you got it back, Did Chrysler do anything for u?

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Nope they didn't do a thing. The repair on the car didn't cost me single dime not even my worthless signature. So I guess that's ok. I am just happy to find a dealership that does what they say they will do. Vince is a rock star I can't say enough good things about him.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
This is a old a tread. But finally I got everything resolved with the dealership only took five months. Dodge was going let the dealership rob me. Well I got the law involved and won. The dealership finally paid in full for their fuck up. But they didn't pay it willingly. I don't care I won screw Dodge! Moral of the story cut the head off the snake first. Don't ever expect anyone to do the rite thing when money is involved. If you are reading this and find your self in a similar situation and have questions. Contact me I'll do my best to help you. I don't think anyone deserves to be treated the way I was.