WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 28SS Take Two

MrMayhem

Reaction score
28ss-greenandblue2.jpg

So after talking to a few of you about your 400 Verado's, and going for a 124 MPH ride in Bullhead Bully's a couple weeks ago, I reluctantly sold my current 28SS with a 700 SCI (Thanks Ricky at Maxed Out). Here is our first sketch of the new ride. Thane and Johnny have made this second Nordic purchase very easy. Almost too easy! I hope to have a sketch of the deck later today. Delivery time 12 weeks or so.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to watch the build progress, great looking boat and colors!

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Thank you. A little risky, but I think it's going to look great.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
👍👍Can't wait to have someone that can actually run with me. We will run some serious miles on our boats.👍👍

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We will run some serious miles on our boats.[/QUOTE]

This is what a bunch of us Delta dwellers believe in.
This new 28 sure is going to be beautiful, congrats.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
We will run some serious miles on our boats.

This is what a bunch of us Delta dwellers believe in.
This new 28 sure is going to be beautiful, congrats.[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys! Look forward to running the snot out of it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The 28SS is definitely my what if boat, I've seen you're old one on the water as well the all silver one, omg 🤤🤤🤤

Dirtbag

Reaction score
that boat is going to POP on the water...those colors are great!

MrMayhem

Reaction score
that boat is going to POP on the water...those colors are great!

Thanks! My old one was a looker, but the silver kinda blended on the water. This one should stand out :)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the difference in speed between the 700SCi and the 2 400s?

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the difference in speed between the 700SCi and the 2 400s?

The 700 with Whipple stage 3 was 105 with peeps and fuel. Hit the rev limiter with a 32' cleaver. I have heard of some hitting 112.

The Verados should be good for 125, hoping for 127 so I can be one mph faster than Bully! 

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The 700 with Whipple stage 3 was 105 with peeps and fuel. Hit the rev limiter with a 32' cleaver. I have heard of some hitting 112.

The Verados should be good for 125, hoping for 127 so I can be one mph faster than Bully! 

Wow that is an impressive bump. And the pair of Verados is actually cheaper?

MrMayhem

Reaction score
If you were to buy new, Verados would be about 10k more. I believe.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
28ss-greenandblue6 5.jpg

Took many tries, but I think we settled on the deck graphic. It will have silver pins all around and some silver in the scoop detail. Trying to incorporate the grey carpeting so it all flows.

Let's get this thing in the booth already!

DAB

Reaction score
View attachment 563322

Took many tries, but I think we settled on the deck graphic. It will have silver pins all around and some silver in the scoop detail. Trying to incorporate the grey carpeting so it all flows.

Looks great Eric...

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Looks awesome...I better not let my wife see it...she loves green.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
View attachment 563322

Looks awesome, are you going to any color treatment on the verticals of the "nostrils" on the deck. I don't prefer the whole "stinger" (this 69 corvette stingray) painted in most cases, but I think either silver, green, or blue, might work as an accent on those surfaces. It will be beautiful regardless, I am just dreaming away as if it was my own. the 28ss is my dream boat. :thumbsup

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Congrats on the project! That is going to be one bad add MOFO!!:thumbup:

riverroyal

Reaction score
suggestion, throw some green or blue on the verado cowlings. These thing are WHITE. Looks great breaking it up a bit. Also, why not go with the 450s :)
Cant wait to see this.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
450's. Wouldn't that be nice!! Someone have a confirmed release date?

daveb1

Reaction score
there are no 450's. that was a red herring just b4 the Miami boat show when someone Photoshoped the 400. mercury quickly shut down the rumor.

LAPII

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the 557 outboards(Seven Marine) aren't being used on these builds?

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the 557 outboards(Seven Marine) aren't being used on these builds?

Each one weighs 1,050 lbs. The 400's are ~670 each. You could run 3 400's in place of 2 557's and have more power at a similar weight.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
28ss-greenandblue-V2-9.jpg

So....... Couldn't come up with a green/blue combination that I felt comfortable with. Decided to replace the blue with silver, and go with blue pins. I am liking this version a whole lot right now.
Taping begins tomorrow!!!!! Thanks to Nordic and Thane for putting up with at least a dozen variations.

Hatch will have white stripe as well.

Andy01

Reaction score
Congrats buddy, love the green and silver. I can't wait to drive it. I'll trade your better half a mister at the boat show for 5 minutes in the driver seat. :D I think the green will be great, the 400's will be great!! :thumbsup

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Congrats buddy, love the green and silver. I can't wait to drive it. I'll trade your better half a mister at the boat show for 5 minutes in the driver seat. :D I think the green will be great, the 400's will be great!! :thumbsup

Thanks Bro. It was hard to give up the old SS, but what the hell. You can drive it any time, you know that. Can't wait for it to pop. A little nervous, but I think the color combo and Nordic's touch will be a winner.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Power to weight ratio isn't there. Those are more for big heavy CC's.

Eric, are you going to do the big tunnel tab on the back like Paul did?

RD

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Power to weight ratio isn't there. Those are more for big heavy CC's.

Eric, are you going to do the big tunnel tab on the back like Paul did?

RD

That was a custom piece that Paul made himself. Beautiful.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Looks awesome, are you going to any color treatment on the verticals of the "nostrils" on the deck. I don't prefer the whole "stinger" (this 69 corvette stingray) painted in most cases, but I think either silver, green, or blue, might work as an accent on those surfaces. It will be beautiful regardless, I am just dreaming away as if it was my own. the 28ss is my dream boat. :thumbsup

Looks similar to this DCB. IMG_2912.jpg

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Thanks Amigo. It's a little dark in the shop and it still looks bright! I'm getting excited!

X-rated

Reaction score
That's so cool!! When my new baby came out of the mold it was one of the most exciting days ever! If u can visit the factory a couple times during the build I highly recommend it, if not, get them to send pics as often as possible.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
I plan on visiting him at least twice a month!
Haha

Warlock1

Reaction score
Congrats on the new build. I like the silver and green but I loved the blue and green. As far as the interior options, if it were me I would NOT do carpet. I would do Sea Dek or whatever equivalent they use out there. Way more forgiving in the sun and actually feels nice on the feet. Plus the designs you can get cut into it are awesome.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Congrats on the new build. I like the silver and green but I loved the blue and green. As far as the interior options, if it were me I would NOT do carpet. I would do Sea Dek or whatever equivalent they use out there. Way more forgiving in the sun and actually feels nice on the feet. Plus the designs you can get cut into it are awesome.

Thanks for the info. How hot does that stuff get? I have light grey vinyl in my pontoon, and it gets much hotter than carpet.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Went to Nordic yesterday to finalize interior, gauges, etc. Boat was in final sand and buff. Had three hard working guys looking over it very closely to fix any and all imperfections. Nothing like running your hand over a freshly waxed boat!

Nordic.jpg
Nordic frt.jpg

HB2LHC

Reaction score
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup congrats!!

Boat211

Reaction score
What are you doing for gauges? Vessel view?