WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 28SS Take Two

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Nordic Dash (2).jpg Nordic Dash (1).jpg Nordic Motor.jpg

Should be in the water tomorrow! These guys are kicking butt on getting this done!

JD D05

Reaction score
What is the hardware in the upper corners of the center console above the speedo for the rear?

HavaToon

Reaction score
I noticed it has much less setback than the ones with 300XS's and it also looks like the transom notches have been filled. Is that something special for the 400's?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I noticed it has much less setback than the ones with 300XS's and it also looks like the transom notches have been filled. Is that something special for the 400's?

Could the decreased setback be due to the increased weight of the 400s?

MrMayhem

Reaction score

Not sure about the setback. However, the filled notches are a direct result of Bullhead Bully and Mercury Racing doing some testing last month. All good stuff!

tony

Reaction score
Your boat is awesome! Love the colors the power and everything about this boat!! I like your old boat as well...:thumbsup

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Could the decreased setback be due to the increased weight of the 400s?
Not sure about the setback. However, the filled notches are a direct result of Bullhead Bully and Mercury Racing doing some testing last month. All good stuff!
I'm sure it's all due to the weight. These 400's are 163 pounds heavier a piece than a 300XS. An extra 320 pounds hanging off the rear definitely affects the CG of a boat.

HavaToon

Reaction score

Gotcha, I'm sure it's for water flow to keep the water pressure up and raise the motors even higher.

HavaToon

Reaction score
I'm sure it's all due to the weight. These 400's are 163 pounds heavier a piece than a 300XS. An extra 320 pounds hanging off the rear definitely affects the CG of a boat.

Figured that as well, may also be due to the filled botched transom and water pressure. I know Bully likes to run them as high as possible. His 300xs's had modified lowers with through hull pickups.

JD D05

Reaction score
I believe you are looking at intercom jacks.

Nice. I was curious because my SS didn't have that...Crazy how many changes they have made to the SS over the years.

DWC

Reaction score
Are you going with the same set up as BB's?

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
View attachment 563004

So after talking to a few of you about your 400 Verado's, and going for a 124 MPH ride in Bullhead Bully's a couple weeks ago, I reluctantly sold my current 28SS with a 700 SCI (Thanks Ricky at Maxed Out). Here is our first sketch of the new ride. Thane and Johnny have made this second Nordic purchase very easy. Almost too easy! I hope to have a sketch of the deck later today. Delivery time 12 weeks or so.
Eric's boat runs awesome !!! After a bit of running to see where the trim settings were and motor height was first run out with three guys on board 110 degrees humid 60 gallons of gas 120 mph. The boat felt super solid safe and predictable. All turns were leaning in. Just flat out awesome !!!

There's a lot more speed in it. With a little time.

Congrats Eric 

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 260

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Paul forgets to mention the professional driver I hired. HIM!
Love the boat and loved having a OB veteran like Paul, show me the ropes. Nordic nailed it. Boat really does plane, ride, and turn, better then my old I/O.. And oh how I am going to love maneuvering this thing around the docks. What a difference two motors make.
Boat is back at Nordic for a few changes that I messed up on (gauge placement, trim buttons, etc). If you are in Havasu, go by and take a look. It's truly a beauty and I can't thank them enough.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Beautiful graphics. I thought the blue and green was the hotness. But seeing the final green and gray.... You made good choice!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Beautiful boat and love how it performed so well straight off the trailer.

One thing I have always wondered about the OB boats is how the water access is if you are just out floating?

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Swim under the tie bar, put foot on tab, grab swim step, and up ya go! It's actually easier than the ladder.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Swim under the tie bar, put foot on tab, grab swim step, and up ya go! It's actually easier than the ladder.

Simple! Do you have to trim to get the tie bar out of the way or is it high enough when trimmed down?

J.P.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new 28 like the green looks sharp. :thumbsup

Andy01

Reaction score
Congrats buddy, looks great. You'll love everything about twins, plus the fuel efficiency of those outboards. :thumbsup

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Congrats buddy, looks great. You'll love everything about twins, plus the fuel efficiency of those outboards. :thumbsup

I already love them twins around the docks!
Haven't been able to get back out. Hopefully this Sunday, and then stay all week. Looking forward to running it again.