WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It sucks when you have to put your dog down

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
R.I.P. Gator Gator.jpg

Flynryan

Reaction score
Feel for you! The wife and I left the vets office both in tears a couple of months ago.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Worst thing ever hands down.

Seems dog and animal lovers are the only ones that truly understand.

I'm sorry man. Always remember the times you shared together. He will always have a place in your heart.

Just lost our 6 year old yellow lab to cancer. I still feel like I'm going to walk in the door to him. I know he isn't in pain, but I miss everything about him being around.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear. Been almost a year since I put my boxer down...still miss the little shit. RIP Gator.

cole_skier

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your pup. We did the same back in November and I still get choked up thinking about her. They truly own your heart.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
RIP Gator.....

Put our Sheltie down several years ago because of cancer. He was 10. Really hit me hard as he went everywhere with me. I'm getting better as I haven't opened one of these type threads since, until today. They are so loyal and should just stay here longer.:(

Lost our pound hound Lab mix a couple months ago to old age. He was over 18 and lived a full life. Still look for him when I get home.

Daughter and SiL gave us a Yorkie a couple years ago. Never thought I'd like a little shit like him. But he is smart and grown onto us big time. He runs things.;)

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Had to do the same thing a few months back and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. They really are family members.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, I still look for my guy for a split second in the house almost daily, and I am a year in. I had lost pets before, but everyone always has "the one", Boris was mine, felt way different than any other. Miss him daily. Sorry again for your guy, but you will see him again, and whether you want it to or not at times, the pain does get easier.

MOUZER

Reaction score
rip gator.............put r white lab down few summers ago.......decide to get another it helped

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. No words can relieve your pain, only time.

I have only one dog left now and thankfully he is only 7 and in great health. My last dog died in my arms about a year ago while I was on a road trip. That made it extra tough.

I'm a big Lucinda Williams fan (as well Willie) so I think this is appropriate:

[video=youtube;OFtmhHle37o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtmhHle37o[/video]

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I feel for you man, sucks to do. they get to be a part of the family. rest easy Gator.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I've done it once. Such a bad day.
That was 15 years ago. Now, my 13 year old lab is declining fast.

Sorry, gator added to your life which is priceless

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I'm headed out to pick up my 9 yr old pup from the vet where she just had a tumor and 2 suspicious masses removed. Find out in a few days if the tumor(s) are malignant.

Needless to say, I've been preoccupied all day :(

-Zack

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is and my heart hurts for you. :( :(

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. It sucks! My wife has managed 2 vets offices for a long time and I've had to be there when she put her/our own dog down before. Not fun.

Unfortunately We're headed there with another one of ours right now (healer), he's only 5yrs old and hasn't moved all day and has been whimpering. My wife x-rayed him last night and we thought it was just a fractured leg but it's looking like he might have really effed up his back.

Shittiest part about it, I think he did it wrestling with a "rescue" dog my wife brought home from the vet to try and find the owner. We found his owner and now our dog is going down hill. :-(

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Worst thing ever hands down.

Seems dog and animal lovers are the only ones that truly understand.

I'm sorry man. Always remember the times you shared together. He will always have a place in your heart.

Just lost our 6 year old yellow lab to cancer. I still feel like I'm going to walk in the door to him. I know he isn't in pain, but I miss everything about him being around.

Couldn't of said it better.

This Thursday will be 6 weeks I lost my dog to Cancer, last Friday was the first day I hadn't teared up. I still cannot remove his dog bed from the living room. This weekend I missed hearing his footsteps come into the kitchen when the fridge open up to go out and smoke up a trip tip. Its funny the little things you notice when their gone.

I've had dogs all my life, this one was just that much more special.

Like mentioned, I have another on the way, hope it helps the pain.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Pup, had to put both our kitty and our horse down last year. Nothing helps but time. :(

I swear I wake up sometimes and think he just jumped up on the bed for some midnight love...Earl was a dogcat..fetched and shit. 22 lbs. Miss him like it was yesterday.:(

Got some shit in my eyes now...

Don65

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your pup, just went thru the same thing with my dog last week, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, my dog was always by my side going through my divorce and when I was laid off from work.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss. It Sucks. Period. We lost a close family friend last week, my sister and BIL's golden retriever, Wilsson. Great dog, he spent considerable time with us the last couple of years. He is missed.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I am to familiar with that shitty trip and know I have another one coming sooner than later with my 17 y.o. sidekick. Don't care how young or old they are it's always to soon.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I hate these threads. Really sorry.
Rip gator [emoji202]

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
My deepest condolences. One of the toughest events to experience. My wife and I have had
4 pass since 2001.

Take solace in knowing you gave your dog many happy quality years, karma will reward you.

To me an important part of dog ownership is that the dog should leave you. I hope I never
die and leave a dog behind.

Dogs are a gift given to us by divinity.

Gator was a beautiful dog and I'm sure a second to none friend.

And your loss makes me cherish my Akita Spencer and my wifes Mastiff Tracy
all that much more.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words, wifey and I are all drippy eyed again

probablecause

Reaction score
Without reading all of the posts, I had to do the same a year ago in April. We left Brea and got to our place in Big Bear and our dog was panting hard and did not want to get out of the car. Needless to say, it was the longest night of our lives. He was in pain throughout the night and my son and I took him to a local vet at 8 AM. I don't think my son has ever seen me cry. My wife says that I am dead inside because of my profession (COP in Southeast Los Angeles) and I tend to agree with her. However, this was one of the worst nights of my life. I swore I would never get another dog because of the emotional pain. Fast forward to December 26 and we are the proud owner of these two retards. They are brothers and we rescued them. 60% Pit Bull, 25% Chow, and 15% Cocker Spaniel. They are pure hell but I could not imagine doing it without them.

20170415_114146-1.jpg

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
so sorry for your loss . its been 2 years for us and we will never forget him
[video=youtube;NuOCeJSQCTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOCeJSQCTs[/video]

Attachments

• 101708 001.jpg
    101708 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 51

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. There is no way to prepare for the emotions that come with having to do that. I've put two down in the last year, and not only the emotional strain that I went through, but trying to console my Family was tough. I held out for a couple weeks, but just like others have said in this thread, went and rescued a mutt. We are all gluttons for punishment, but they are FAMILY:thumbup:

charlyox

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Been there. Grief is the price we pay for love.