WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Someone stole my mail yesterday

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What I'm wondering it...

How many houses in that neighborhood have their mailboxes right on the street! If that was the only one, that's the reason the shit heads took a chance.

"Oh look, let's see what we can get outa that!"

My mail box is right next to my front door. On my porch. And can only get mail out of it with the key.

Easy pickings right on the street!

Sorry shin. That sucks. :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

What year was your house built. I would say most housing tracts from the 80s on up have their mail boxes in the street. Both my houses in YL and Havasu are across the street.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What year was your house built. I would say most housing tracts from the 80s on up have their mail boxes in the street. Both my houses in YL and Havasu are across the street.

Say what??? :p

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Have you checked with your neighbors. Maybe they have a camera with a better view going down the street. I know my neighbors compare videos.

I drove up and down the block and it looks like none of my neighbors have cameras.

Backlash

Reaction score
The plate most likely doesn't start with a "4." California DMV hasn't issued a 4 series plate in some time. Looking at the initial video posted, that car appears to be a 2012 or newer model. So if that's the case, it wouldn't have been issued that series of plate.

Screenshot_2017-05-23-20-52-16-1.jpg

Now, as I stated earlier, they could have put a different plate on the car.....that's always a possibility. Or it was a personalized plate beginning with a 4. Who knows for sure. I'm just trying to help out and add a few ideas to Shintoooos caper. ;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Its so the mail person only has to drive down one side of the street. Saves time and money. :p

Your older then your house. Lol

Pretty much! lol

I think when we bought this house, there was a slot in the front door, and half the mail ended up on the porch anyway (too big to fit through the slot!). We put in one of those fancy leaded glass doors when we bought the house (the realtor bought us the new front door as a present for using him), and put in one of those locking mail box deals recently.

Fucking thieves need to have their hands cut off. Or at least loose a finger every time they get caught? Just a thought...

:skull

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have another mailbox slot by the front door. I'm going to cover this one up and tell the mail man to put it in the front door one from now on.

Just don't tell him to put it in the back door [emoji43][emoji102]

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The plate most likely doesn't start with a "4." California DMV hasn't issued a 4 series plate in some time. Looking at the initial video posted, that car appears to be a 2012 or newer model. So if that's the case, it wouldn't have been issued that series of plate.

View attachment 563144

Now, as I stated earlier, they could have put a different plate on the car.....that's always a possibility. Or it was a personalized plate beginning with a 4. Who knows for sure. I'm just trying to help out and add a few ideas to Shintoooos caper. ;)

That's a 2002-2004 Toyota Camry

PhyrMnGil

Reaction score
Man, that sucks.
Had the same problem years ago. Happened thru the neighborhood.
Didnt know it until I went to purchase a vehicle and found unpaid accounts opened up.
Credit cards, edison account, cable and phone account.
Tracked the house down. PD made a visit
Needed a police report to send to all creditors. What a pain
Ended up getting a P O Box . A little inconvenient but not stressing mail anymore.
Good luck. Hope you can track it down.

CigAjerk

Reaction score
Shin, your vid file you sent over didn't work with all of my software so I borrowed it from youtube (no matter what quality you use on youtube it's degraded from the original) so this is the best I can do right now. Too much estrogen not enough CL's in this house for me to focus.

Can you guys view the video?

[video=youtube;wCkn8s8E27Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkn8s8E27Y[/video]

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Shin, your vid file you sent over didn't work with all of my software so I borrowed it from youtube (no matter what quality you use on youtube it's degraded from the original) so this is the best I can do right now. Too much estrogen not enough CL's in this house for me to focus.

Can you guys view the video?

[video=youtube;wCkn8s8E27Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkn8s8E27Y[/video]

I see the video. Thanks for trying. I appreciate your time.

I'm going to see if I can convert it to another format so it will play on the software. I can only get it to play on YouTube for some reason.

Backlash

Reaction score
Well hush my mouth! :D

It does look like an older Camry! Well, shit, run with the 4 then!

:D

CigAjerk

Reaction score
I see the video. Thanks for trying. I appreciate your time.

I'm going to see if I can convert it to another format so it will play on the software. I can only get it to play on YouTube for some reason.

I'm contrasting it more now. Apparently we didn't run out of tampons and sex and city reruns

C-2

Reaction score
Heck, I'm just glad mail is delivered to my house.

At our horse property, it is a "cluster box" community mail box. Of course, they would fawk up the rear of the box and then get access to everybody's mail in one quick grab.

Recently, we had to fork over $200 towards fixing the most recent break-in. Kid you not, in that instance, the Postmaster said "Hmm, that's too bad, what are you guys going to do."
W-T-F? What are "we" going to do?
YOU'RE thE POST OFFICE.
He said nope, not our responsibility.
And that was that; everybody had to drive to the post office tp pick their mail up until we had the box replaced at cost of nearly $2700. The kicker is, my wife and I don't even use the box, but felt a neighborhood obligation to contribute.

As a result, tons of people around here have camera's. But, as many are learning --the camera really needs to be at street level to catch good stills of dirtbags, their vehicles, and license numbers.

In our neighborhood, and on NextDoor, we saw a tweaker chick who was caught/arrested/booked, and released TWICE in one day for mail theft. Soon after that, a task force hit the areas and working with postal inspectors, they publicized several recent cases where they hammered the dirtbags with tens upon tens of federal charges. :thumbsup Since then, the mail theft has slown.

Also, last summer there was a mail theft ring busted up in the IE where a supervisor in the sorting facility was in on the ring.

CigAjerk

Reaction score
Video is just slightly too grainy to make things out for me but I can also see as well as a woman at Cosby cocktail party.

[video=youtube;eZD1CaOFuvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZD1CaOFuvw[/video]

Tank

Reaction score
Looks like it has a lic plate cover on it too. one of the clear plastic ones.

That's still some great info for police.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I drove up and down the block and it looks like none of my neighbors have cameras.
I have 4 Samsung IP high definition cameras that sit on the inside of window sills looking out. It gives me full camera coverage around the house, and they are all set up for Zone motion detection. I get alerts throughout the day, and can recognize the alert pattern whether it's a bird or a person going past the camera.

Cameras can be so small and hidden these days, you never know who has them... Might be worth a shot.

triangleman

Reaction score
I have a locking mailbox. More often than not, the carrier puts the mail in long ways so the mail is sticking out of the slot instead of in the box.
Clueless :grumble:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
LASD recently caught some mail thieves out here in Santa Clarita.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5963707/

Two men and one woman from the San Fernando Valley were arrested Thursday morning- the trio is accused of stealing mail and packages from multiple mailboxes in the Santa Clarita Valley.

A caller alerted Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station at around 4:29 a.m. on Thursday of two people acting suspiciously on the 24100 block of Newhall Ranch Road. The citizen reported that the individuals were wearing hoodies and seen removing mail from a community mailbox and putting it in their SUV, a Chevy Tahoe.

Deputies found a vehicle matching the description provided by the citizen and followed it westbound on Magic Mountain Parkway. As the SUV approached the I-5 onramp, deputies conducted a traffic stop. The entire cabin of the vehicle was filled with mail and packages from various addresses in the Santa Clarita Valley. The mail was stacked so high, that the final suspect was not found for several minutes as he laid on the second row floorboard, completely hidden by the mail.

Deputies arrested the driver, 22-year-old Kieontay Williams and the two passengers, 27-year-old Breeona Scott and 23-year-old Timothy Brown for Grand Theft and Mail Theft. All three had residence addresses in the San Fernando Valley. The driver, 22-year-old Kieontay Williams, was also found to be on active probation for Identity Theft.

thetub

Reaction score

Two men and one woman from the San Fernando Valley were arrested Thursday morning- the trio is accused of stealing mail and packages from multiple mailboxes in the Santa Clarita Valley.

A caller alerted Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff?s Station at around 4:29 a.m. on Thursday of two people acting suspiciously on the 24100 block of Newhall Ranch Road. The citizen reported that the individuals were wearing hoodies and seen removing mail from a community mailbox and putting it in their SUV, a Chevy Tahoe.

Deputies found a vehicle matching the description provided by the citizen and followed it westbound on Magic Mountain Parkway. As the SUV approached the I-5 onramp, deputies conducted a traffic stop. The entire cabin of the vehicle was filled with mail and packages from various addresses in the Santa Clarita Valley. The mail was stacked so high, that the final suspect was not found for several minutes as he laid on the second row floorboard, completely hidden by the mail.

Deputies arrested the driver, 22-year-old Kieontay Williams and the two passengers, 27-year-old Breeona Scott and 23-year-old Timothy Brown for Grand Theft and Mail Theft. All three had residence addresses in the San Fernando Valley. The driver, 22-year-old Kieontay Williams, was also found to be on active probation for Identity Theft.

man you guys are lucky. I cant get coppers to do anything around here...

oh were busy, oh were short handed, oh well thats not illegal , oh SB 109 oh prop 57...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I too was surprised that LASD caught these people.

man you guys are lucky. I cant get coppers to do anything around here...

oh were busy, oh were short handed, oh well thats not illegal , oh SB 109 oh prop 57...

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I had this happen once and my mailbox was the locking type. I have all my mail sent to my office.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

A caller alerted Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff?s Station at around 4:29 a.m. on Thursday of two people acting suspiciously on the 24100 block of Newhall Ranch Road. The citizen reported that the individuals were wearing hoodies and seen removing mail from a community mailbox and putting it in their SUV, a Chevy Tahoe.

Fuck these pieces of shit...

:thumbsdown

nowski

Reaction score
I think ole fat ass has been to your house before (based on his body language) except this time he new what the payload was going to be...

We had this same problem over a year ago except with stolen checks. I get a call from the bank (Wells Fargo) about someone cashing one of my personal checks. The funny thing the girl had a Wells Fargo account and clearly signed my name on the check. The bank remedied my account but that was the last we heard in that case.

I later get a call from Ontario PD telling me they found my mail in someones possession that they had arrested in a mail theft sting operation. Just when you think that nothing is being done and know one gives a crap anymore the police department and bank may surprise you once in awhile...