WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jayco Seneca 37FS Class C motor home insights

EB3

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a Jayco Seneca 37FS Class C motor home- just wondering is anyone has any input on the Jayco Seneca's- good and/or bad. Thanks

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I have a friend who has one and they love it. Pretty big driving down the road. Has a lot of convenience type products and looks very well built.

Groper

Reaction score
I looked into those a year or two ago and went with a Dynamax instead, there seamed to be alot of issues with Seneca's but then again I've had several issues with Forest River-Dynamax.
A few weeks ago a friend bought a new Fleetwood Pace arrow DP and has nothing but problems, in fact both of our RV's are still in the shop getting warranty work done, both of our Household Refrigerators broke the first trip out WTF :eek
If you do go with Seneca, go through it completely before you sign on the dotted line.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We considered them, I always liked the big rig look and had a couple Haulmark freightliner in the past. The issue with us is that the interior just isn't up to the level that the higher end diesel pushers have, the Seneca's just seemed a little too much particle board and vinyl inside compared to all wood on our pusher.

2Driver

Reaction score
I like them. Unfortunately they stopped making the ZX version with the toybox option. I cant believe how the 2007 -2009 are holding value. Long term I not sure driving with an engine out in front is as pleasurable as the quietness of a pusher, but it is way cooler.

What RV isnt a POS. I cant beleive the industry has settled on putting out the sloppyness and then letting the owner go through a punch list of crap to repair after their first couple trips.

We looked at new Thor Sprinters last weekend. We walked in one and the vinyl floor was already buckling up. LOL you put this on the lot for sale for $90k like this?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I've always liked the Senecas for the drivetrain. Really unless you get into big time $$$ they are all built the same way with the same materials.

TCHB

Reaction score
I've always liked the Senecas for the drivetrain. Really unless you get into big time $$$ they are all built the same way with the same materials.

I have had 4 RVs in the past 5 years and found out they are all built about the same. Nothing like a new Ford or other big auto manufacture. Think about it no air bags or power windows in a $300K RV.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
A buddy of mine hit me up yesterday, he's selling his 2008 36fs w 28k miles for $65k. I can get you his info if interested. If I had the time I would have probably pulled the trigger. But kids activities are pulling elsewhere right now

bagged97taco

Reaction score
What years for the Seneca had the paint issues? I've been looking for a Seneca and know the earlier years had major issues with the paint "checking". What year was that resolved?

bagged97taco

Reaction score
A buddy of mine hit me up yesterday, he's selling his 2008 36fs w 28k miles for $65k. I can get you his info if interested. If I had the time I would have probably pulled the trigger. But kids activities are pulling elsewhere right now

Any chance it's the bunk model? Really would love to find one with the bunk bed option

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
The Drivers,and Passengers front floors under your feet run a bit hot with the Cummins model.... Vision out of the windshield is not the best either (compared to an A class). The clear coat peals the earlier 06-10 models.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Look into a used Showhauler if you can swing it. They are custom built to customer spec with residential grade everything on a class 8 chassis (Volvo, peterbilt, freightliner etc)

heres a video that explains their process

[video=youtube;7yhKVPxr3kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yhKVPxr3kk[/video]

senorpdog

Reaction score
I have one and haven't had any of the problems that everybody is talking about there are definitely years to stay away from but this thing has been pretty bulletproof for me I have the exact model you're looking for if you have any questions let me know! They can be the best of motorhomes or the worst of motorhomes depending on what they are using them for if you would like I can peon my number and we can talk about the different expectations of the motorhome

IMG_1683.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Look into a used Showhauler if you can swing it. They are custom built to customer spec with residential grade everything on a class 8 chassis (Volvo, peterbilt, freightliner etc)

heres a video that explains their process

[video=youtube;7yhKVPxr3kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yhKVPxr3kk[/video]

Those things are crazy money..

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Those things are crazy money..

I hear you, in the world of RV's though I see these as a pretty good value for what you get. I would stack them up against any custom Prevost bus for about half the cost.