WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2017 F250 Lariat

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Looking at picking one up. I've been a Chevy guy my entire life up until these models came out. I test drove it today and couldn't believe how smooth it was while having a lift on 37" tires. Not only that, but very powerful. The interior is very spacious and even when I had the seat all the way back to my comfort level (I'm 6'2), I was still able to sit in the back stretched out with plenty of leg room.

However, I know absolutely nothing about these models or Ford's in general. I feel like I've always been a Ford hater and now the tables have turned.

I tried to research and couldn't find people having any major issues or really any issues at all. Any of you have one or know anyone that's had any issues with one? I don't really plan on tuning or deleting anything until the warranty is up.

JD D05

Reaction score
The motor and trans are perfect Thousands of 6.7's out there running 600 HP without issue. I had a 12 with a turbo and a tune and it never had any issue. I have a 17 now with a couple thousands miles on it and I love it. As of now there is no tuning for them to increase HP, turning out to be a difficult task. Couple small recalls on early builds but nothing big.
20170428_142252.jpg
20170430_125705.jpg

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Not sure how this got here. Mods, can you move this to the lounge?

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
The motor and trans are perfect Thousands of 6.7's out there running 600 HP without issue. I had a 12 with a turbo and a tune and it never had any issue. I have a 17 now with a couple thousands miles on it and I love it. As of now there is no tuning for them to increase HP, turning out to be a difficult task. Couple small recalls on early builds but nothing big.
View attachment 563145
View attachment 563146

Damn that's sweet. Yeah I've been reading up on the EZ Lynk and others but doesn't seem like there is tuning capability. I am ok with that.

JD D05

Reaction score
Damn that's sweet. Yeah I've been reading up on the EZ Lynk and others but doesn't seem like there is tuning capability. I am ok with that.

My friend owns EZ and I have one...you can delete to stock but that's it for now. They have plenty of power, my boat is pretty heavy and it maintained 65 over some steep passes without pushing it hard.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
My friend owns EZ and I have one...you can delete to stock but that's it for now.

My main concern are any weak links. I put about 40k on my last truck in 4 years so it will do a lot of sitting.

JD D05

Reaction score
My main concern are any weak links. I put about 40k on my last truck in 4 years so it will do a lot of sitting.

I like all the trucks myself and have had them all. This truck really doesn't have any. Rods get suspect at 700HP... My good friends own H&S Motorsports and they build parts for all of them mild to big HP. I have seen how well that motor performs and trans etc. Things can always happen but in my opinion all three motors are a toss up but Ford has the best trans.

JD D05

Reaction score
Only thing I heard is you need adjustable linkage arms for the front if you lift it. Which most kits come with...I did a set from One Up Off-road and Traction Bars. Also ordered some King 2.5 shocks for it...only because I needed new ones with the lift to replace the stock ones.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Only thing I heard is you need adjustable linkage arms for the front if you lift it. Which most kits come with...I did a set from One Up Off-road and Traction Bars. Also ordered some King 2.5 shocks for it...only because I needed new ones with the lift to replace the stock ones.

I'll be sure to look in to that as it is already lifted. I'd have to assume it should have it though.

JD D05

Reaction score
I'll be sure to look in to that as it is already lifted. I'd have to assume it should have it though.

Probably does. Icon released a nice Trac bar for them I have also that helps with bump steer if you get it and have any.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The aftermarket suspension setup/design has more to do with the ride quality with those tires, than the factory setup does. Just sayin' [emoji106][emoji4]

Dylan

Reaction score
I bought my 2017 XLT premium package in September, and it is a great truck! I bought mine off the lot, and I got the first Shortbed I coulld find. My only option I regret not getting is the trailer tow camera system. Good luck!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Were you at DS? 98% of the tow rigs were F series.
Ive driven Fords and Chevys for 40+ years commercially. Get the Ford.