WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

8-71 Blower Gears Replacement

BUSTI

Reaction score
Well, I completely destroyed the gears in my supercharger. As this is my first time bolting on the drive hub and snout. I was assembling the hud to the gears and instead of holding the rotors with a soft piece of rubber to keep the them from spinning while I torques the hub I put a screw driver between the gears. Guess what. I must have marred the gears and now there is a hard spot then I turn the supercharger over.

The big question is where in SoCal (Orange County) can I have the gears replaced quickly? I don't have the time to send it all the way to Idaho to have the Blower Shop replace them. The rest of the blower is in good condition. I know BDS used to be in Whittier (I think) but heard they moved. Thanks for any input. I need to get it done ASAP as I have a trip planned for the 10th and only have next weekend to put it back together. Any help would be appreciated.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Well, I completely destroyed the gears in my supercharger. As this is my first time bolting on the drive hub and snout. I was assembling the hud to the gears and instead of holding the rotors with a soft piece of rubber to keep the them from spinning while I torques the hub I put a screw driver between the gears. Guess what. I must have marred the gears and now there is a hard spot then I turn the supercharger over.

The big question is where in SoCal (Orange County) can I have the gears replaced quickly? I don't have the time to send it all the way to Idaho to have the Blower Shop replace them. The rest of the blower is in good condition. I know BDS used to be in Whittier (I think) but heard they moved. Thanks for any input. I need to get it done ASAP as I have a trip planned for the 10th and only have next weekend to put it back together. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/contact-us.html Anaheim

BUSTI

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I actually wasted no time and called Littlefield. Took it in 30 min later and they fixed it right on the spot. Top notch service. Thanks Barry.