WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo 1 outdrive won't move

Mhemperly

Reaction score
My outdrive will not move. I replaced both trim sender and limit switches because the old ones wires were frayed at the sensors so I though that would be the problem. Well after installing them last night the outdrive still won't move. When I hit the trim switch I don't hear any clicking from the solinoids at the pump, could that be the problem? I have a Hallett 240 with a merc 502 bravo 1. Any help is really appreciated thank you!
Mike

NicPaus

Reaction score
Tap on the solenoid on the trim pump and try again. Next check that trim pump has power to it.

Icky

Reaction score
Does the trailer button work, if u have one

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Check the little 'in line fuse' at the pump .

Check to see if the 'red #10 wire has power .

Check to see if the 'black #10 has a solid ground .

Replacing the 'trim' or 'limit senders' should not affect the 'down' or 'trailering up' functions . (only the limited up)

Mhemperly

Reaction score
Okay update: ITS FIXED

The inline fuse at the pump was blown so I changed it and the outdrive went down but now it wouldn't go back up. It ended up being the up solinoid was blown as well.

Looking back I think I know how it happen. Because after it was all fixed I noticed the trim switch would stick in the up position putting a constant load on the pump system. So that's what must have blown the fuse and I guess the solinoid too. You would think the fuse would protect the solinoid but it didn't.

Last weekend right after we beached I smelled a slight electrical burning smell. So slight that I thought it was coming from the boat next to us that was playing thier stereo loud. But it must have been that trim switch stuck in the up position. So I'm going to change the switch now too so I don't have to worry about it.

Mike