WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need to do 200k service but where?

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
2007 Ram Mega 4x4 gasser . . .

Looking for a good shop in the I.E. to do a complete fluid change (transmission, transaxle, diff, brakes, radiator) Also need the AC fixed and should probably do the injectors too. This has been a rock solid truck for the first half of its life and I would like to keep it for another few hundred thousand miles more. I would really like to get this done next week but my old mechanic retired and good ones are hard to find.

Spot

Reaction score
Domestic Diesel in Chino Ca.

Icky

Reaction score
Moss bros dodge in San Bernardino has a few good diesel guys

PlumLoco

Reaction score
Chino is kind of a long haul but I will give them a call. I like my local dealer well enough but I really didn't want to pay dealer prices for the more simple things. I was going to get a quote from them anyway, just to have it for a comparison.
Again it is a HEMI not a smoker. Any thoughts on replacing a waterpump just because of mileage?

Croz

Reaction score
Chino is kind of a long haul but I will give them a call. I like my local dealer well enough but I really didn't want to pay dealer prices for the more simple things. I was going to get a quote from them anyway, just to have it for a comparison.
Again it is a HEMI not a smoker. Any thoughts on replacing a waterpump just because of mileage?

I have the 5.4 F150 and just rolled over 150k, I too am curious to what RDP thinks is most important to replace on high mileage trucks.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I have the 5.4 F150 and just rolled over 150k, I too am curious to what RDP thinks is most important to replace on high mileage trucks.

Replace parts as they break or if they need replacing. Just change the oils and keep driving.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Besides fluids and pumps I'd also be checking your ball joints, steering parts and shocks and bushings.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
Went to the dealer and bought the proper fluids and gaskets and did the 2 diffs and trans. What a stinking mess. Had the local oil change place add some freon and now the A/C seems good to go. I really thought it was going to need a fan clutch or something else. Shocks are needed but I am thinking about going with a Carli setup if my buddy can work his magic.
Read some Dodge forums and it seems rear carrier bearings are a weak spot so I will have the guys at the alignment shop check out the underside when I get the tires rotated and aligned. Last time the aligned it was 80K miles ago and I'm still getting nearly 50K miles out of the General AT2 tires. Love these tires and my alignment guy.

Any thoughts on the need to flush the brake fluid, especially if I'm going to need brakes anyway?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I try to flush all fluids every 3 years or 50k including brake fluid since it accumulates moisture over time.

I use a local independent in Temecula. Excellent Auto Care. They don't upsell and have reasonable prices.
http://excellentautocareandtire.com/