WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB 27-28 Closed deck

Snprhed

Reaction score
So it looks like Im selling my boat today, and I will be right back in the market. Im looking for a 27 or 28 closed deck , I want it to have a decent stereo, and I want it to run 70+mph. Ive been looking mostly at Nordic Heats, and Hallett 270s. Prefer EFI

32K-33k range

trex232

Reaction score
I have a 26 Lavey it measures 27ft, 500 efi with all the major service work just completed, 312hr runs in the 70's

Runs2rch

Reaction score
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1990-hallett-270-closed-bow-103050816/

I know you said you didn't like the pink in this boat, but it is probably worth a look.

16-20k would probably take it. Invest a little into redoing the cabin grey, new gauges, and maybe regel out the large pink stripe.

You would be out under 30k with a 270T that will do everything. Best damn boat we ever had. Pisses me off that we sold ours.

The alpha's and 350's are perfect in this boat. Great all around performance with very low fuel consumption.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Is it as clean as it looks?

Needs tabs!!! Hahaha

It's been sitting for a while in storage at the islander. It needs batteries and a service. Not even a real detail. It's pretty clean. But it's priced right and I think the owner would help a little more to get it ready.

Snprhed

Reaction score
but Im looking for something just a bit bigger

Runs2rch

Reaction score
but Im looking for something just a bit bigger

You SHOULD jump on this. Triple axle, low hrs, clean, timeless colors.

Needs a cleanup like Paul said from sitting. Service and go.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
You SHOULD jump on this. Triple axle, low hrs, clean, timeless colors.

Needs a cleanup like Paul said from sitting. Service and go.

Took it to a shop to get it running just to check it out and did a compression check. Impeller was sucking fine. Compression was even across the board. The boat is gonna be a sweetheart for someone.

Snprhed

Reaction score

PokerRun I tried to buy that boat. He wanted me to go to his bank in Boulder City (I live in Henderson) pay off the note to the boat and bring the title to him in CA to get it signed and pick up the boat. I told him I wouldnt hand out cash without the boat being in my possession, and he wasnt interested in bringing the boat out here to do the deal.

I also talked to the previous owner here on RDP and he said the boat has some blemishes up close. So I personally would steer clear of that one.

Its a shame, I love the color combo with that motor

jckksteiner

Reaction score
So it looks like Im selling my boat today, and I will be right back in the market. Im looking for a 27 or 28 closed deck , I want it to have a decent stereo, and I want it to run 70+mph. Ive been looking mostly at Nordic Heats, and Hallett 270s. Prefer EFI

32K-33k range

We have a '96 Ultimate Warlock Euro listed on RDP. ready for your motor and drive. has decent stereo with 2 amps, dual hydraulic steering, IMCO Powerflow exhaust, 2 new batteries, and triple axle trailer. Boat is in Tucson AZ and would travel to Havasu to meet up. Boat is all there. I would redo the gel and interior. A deal at $6800. Also have a 496 HO with 20 hours and Bravo X drive. Don't think the 496 would get you to 70+......

Snprhed

Reaction score
A boat has been bought. No longer looking

Snprhed

Reaction score
This is the first time out on the water

Check.jpg

Snprhed

Reaction score
Yes, we were out Saturday until noonish. Ive already drug it down to In stitches and got measured for a bimini, and Ive already talked to Sean the bunk guy about getting the trailer worked over.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Shaun re-did my bunks you won't be disappointed!!!

Snprhed

Reaction score
Im going to have him lower how the boat sits on the trailer. It seems ridiculously tall. I really liked how my Nordic Heat sat on its trailer, and am hoping he can duplicate that.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Andy, what boat do you have?

I have a Virage 25' (it actually measures 24'10") one of the original hulls made back in Havasu in 97-98 company was around maybe three years? Someone on here i'm sure knows the story, it's a good riding hull but you defiantly need tabs after 69 mph (67 GPS lol) it likes to chin walk a little. When the motor wasn't so tired I saw 72 with two people,gear and 3/4 tank of gas, it has almost 700 hrs on it so i baby the hell out of it.

Snprhed

Reaction score
We were pretty happy with it, it has a 24 degree deadrise, which I like. However it is also a stepped hull, which im not a fan of. I guess Ill get used to it.

Andy B.

Reaction score
We were pretty happy with it, it has a 24 degree deadrise, which I like. However it is also a stepped hull, which im not a fan of. I guess Ill get used to it.

Nice looking boat don't see many Checkmates out west mostly east coast, do you guys boat at Mead very much? Mines a step and it turns pretty sharp(when the drive is down) you just have to get use to it you'll have no problem.

Riley1

Reaction score
I love checkmates. I wanted a 24 BRX with a 300. Wife wanted the I/O. Sound. She won and we have a 24 Lavey. Both have their benefits. Bet they run close #'s

Snprhed

Reaction score
Andy, we have been on a boating hiatus for a couple years, and we just couldnt stand it anymore. We will be on Mead most weekends (early). Except this weekend. We rented a place in laughlin.

Snprhed

Reaction score
I dont think Adam followed the conversation very well.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Boat looks sexy on the trailer, but heads up there's a popo 👮🏼 just other side of Searchlight