WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have this happen????

Rchandless

Reaction score
I'll try and keep this short as possible. Purchased a 2007 Suzuki gsxr brand new in 08. Sold to my brother who lives in Havasu (I live in Vegas) in 2011 and signed title over to him where he then registered and supposedly had title changed to his name. In 2014 he purchased his boat gave the guy x amount of dollars and the bike for the boat. Today I received a certified letter from a tow yard here in Henderson nv stating the bike was picked up by tow company when Henderson pd called them to grab it from a parking lot/driveway as it was abandoned there. The letter and gentleman i spoke to at tow company say I'm last registered and legal owner. So if I pay the 600 dollar storage fee do I own this bike free and clear is my question since i do not have the title anymore and can this bite me in the ass someway down the road? Thoughts?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'll try and keep this short as possible. Purchased a 2007 Suzuki gsxr brand new in 08. Sold to my brother who lives in Havasu (I live in Vegas) in 2011 and signed title over to him where he then registered and supposedly had title changed to his name. In 2014 he purchased his boat gave the guy x amount of dollars and the bike for the boat. Today I received a certified letter from a tow yard here in Henderson nv stating the bike was picked up by tow company when Henderson pd called them to grab it from a parking lot/driveway as it was abandoned there. The letter and gentleman i spoke to at tow company say I'm last registered and legal owner. So if I pay the 600 dollar storage fee do I own this bike free and clear is my question since i do not have the title anymore and can this bite me in the ass someway down the road? Thoughts?

When you sold it to your brother did you mail in the release of liability portion of the pink? There should have been a detachable portion.

You should have? And if you did I suspect going and picking up the bike is technically fraud.
If you didn't, it's still changed hands in a business transaction/trade.
Could result in legal hassles that probably aren't worth the 600 you spend and or what the bike is worth.

Just my .02
Maybe one of the Leo inmates can guide you?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
When you sold it to your brother did you mail in the release of liability portion of the pink? There should have been a detachable portion.

You should have? And if you did I suspect going and picking up the bike is technically fraud.
If you didn't, it's still changed hands in a business transaction/trade.
Could result in legal hassles that probably aren't worth the 600 you spend and or what the bike is worth.

Just my .02
Maybe one of the Leo inmates can guide you?

I would imagine if he got a letter stating he was the last registered owner he didn't. Otherwise that letter would have went to the person is listed as the buyer on that form.

I would go check out its condition and see if it is worth the $600 tow bill. If you do pick it up, keep that letter.

I wouldn't wait either, that $600 tow bill will be $800 is a week or two. ;)

renodaytona

Reaction score
I had this happen on an old Honda Civic that I sold. I sold it before I moved from Reno to Vegas for work. 6 months later a letter showed up at my moms house from a tow company in Sacramento. The kid never registered the car and he abandoned it in Sac. My mom and a good friend of the family drove over to Sac and paid the tow fees and brought it back to Reno. We had to then draft a letter requesting the tow fees plus travel expenses and sent it to the last known address of the kid that bought it from me. General rule is 30 days and if you don't hear from them you can go to DMV and request for a new title. He showed up with his cousin 2 weeks after sending the letter with the full amount requested.