WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need new tires

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
My wife's Flex needs new tires again, 255-45-20. Anybody have a recommendation? I want something non directional, what we put on there last time is directional and I hate the way that it grabs lines in the roads and pulls the car around. I wont cheep out on tires, we drive the thing everywhere!!!!, but I don't want to break the bank either. Ready, go......

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wait for the week before July 4th...Discount Tire has a huge sale every holiday weekend.

Just got a great deal plus $275 in rebates for a set of American Racing wheels and Toyo tires over Memorial Day weekend [emoji106]

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Wait for the week before July 4th...Discount Tire has a huge sale every holiday weekend.

Just got a great deal plus $275 in rebates for a set of American Racing wheels and Toyo tires over Memorial Day weekend [emoji106]

This x 100. Hankooks are usually pretty cheap, some have 3 rebates on holidays.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My wifes 350Z roadster needs some new treads. Waiting for the 4th of July sales ...

The car had the Hankook Ventus on there when we bought it and they preformed well.
I'm looking at the Yoko Advans also.

I prefer Michelins or Bridgestones but I need to keep it under $800 this time around.

Mike K

Reaction score
I have been buying a lot of tires lately ... my truck ... my trailer ... my old Mustang ... my wifes car ... kinda all hit me within 6 months. I put in the size of the tire online and google the tire size ... find the best price on the tire u want ... I print out best price I can find and then I call Discount Tire / America's Tire store ... they ask me to take a picture of my best price and send it to them ... they call me back in about 20 minutes and offer me that price . I never ever had Discount Tire not honor this. For example ... I had to buy 4 Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/55/20 for my Tahoe ... they quoted me $347 a tire over the phone ... Discount Tire online( their own company) was $267 ... I got the $267 price ... kinda weird ... they are competing with themselves. Also ... the people at Discount Tire must have awesome managers cuz all the workers are mega professional. Just my 2 cents.:thumbsup

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
tirebuyer.com has the best prices to get Americas Tire to discount to

I have been buying a lot of tires lately ... my truck ... my trailer ... my old Mustang ... my wifes car ... kinda all hit me within 6 months. I put in the size of the tire online and google the tire size ... find the best price on the tire u want ... I print out best price I can find and then I call Discount Tire / America's Tire store ... they ask me to take a picture of my best price and send it to them ... they call me back in about 20 minutes and offer me that price . I never ever had Discount Tire not honor this. For example ... I had to buy 4 Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/55/20 for my Tahoe ... they quoted me $347 a tire over the phone ... Discount Tire online( their own company) was $267 ... I got the $267 price ... kinda weird ... they are competing with themselves. Also ... the people at Discount Tire must have awesome managers cuz all the workers are mega professional. Just my 2 cents.:thumbsup

I have put them on all my daily drivers and love them.

We have these on my wife's Audi A4 wagon. Great all around tires. To me a fair price.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I have been buying tires online for quite awhile now. I actually just got two new Cooper tires delivered today. They are for our Suburban and I've been happy with the way they hold up. The price is reasonable too. I've been wanting to switch over to Goodyear tires for the Suburban too but for the price, I can't complain. Probably not the best tire made but I've been happy with the wear. These came delivered tax free and one day after placing the order.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Ended up with some Goodyears that got put on today. Hopefully these ride better as they are NOT a directional tire. We got almost 50k out of the first set of tires and almost 40k out of the last set, hoping for the same or better, we drive the car everywhere!!!!

I'm going to work on more frequent rotations too, every service instead of every other. The car has worn the insides of the tires out both times and it's been aligned several times.