WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Pool Maint?

*BN*

Reaction score
Looking for references for weekly Havasu pool care.

Thanks
Brian

rvrrun

Reaction score
Schmitties is who the FIL likes. Jeff Cory I think.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I use Jessie at Desert Elegance - 928-453-2313

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Gordie was recommended to me by another member. Been very happy with his services.
Gordie Croteau-ArizonaPoolCare
Mobile (928) 486-1329

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Gordie was recommended to me by another member. Been very happy with his services.
Gordie Croteau-ArizonaPoolCare
Mobile (928) 486-1329

X 2 Gordie is great. Been using him for over five years.

236eagledave

Reaction score
Jessie told me he don't do weekly maintenance just the tile cleaning. You're one of his special clients.[emoji1]

I use Dezert Elegance as well. Jesse's dad was doing the weekly and he was good but he's gone on an extended vacation now. Jesse has a new guy now and he seems to be fine. I trust Jesse to stay on top of things.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I use Dezert Elegance as well. Jesse's dad was doing the weekly and he was good but he's gone on an extended vacation now. Jesse has a new guy now and he seems to be fine. I trust Jesse to stay on top of things.
Yeah, he said he was handling some stuff for his dad. I wasn't doubting his skills.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I live here so I do my own. Not a big deal at all.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
We've been using Josh at Total Pool Care 928-208-5652 for the last 15 month and are happy so far . Pool is always clean and he does repairs on the equipment too .

Patyacht

Reaction score
My neighbor has a pool with a hand held remote controller. The controller just died and he wants to now control his pool & spa via his ipad/iphone. Who does that setup/installation?

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I have used Total Bliss Pool Care for 5 years and pool is always dialed in. He was recommended by our builder Sandcastle. Very honest and reliable. Nick 928 208 8235

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score
We've been using Josh at Total Pool Care 928-208-5652 for the last 15 month and are happy so far . Pool is always clean and he does repairs on the equipment too .

We also use Total Pool Care. Brent is the guy that takes care of us. He's been great. Used them for 3 years with no issues.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Does a saline pool work for Havasu?

I would like to skip all the chemicals in favor of saline if possible.
Wont be digging a hole for a while but I need to start doing my homework.

outboardrick

Reaction score

My last pool was salt and I loved it! This time Sandcastle would almost not do a salt pool so I went conventional with an auto chlorinator. I still miss the feel of the salt pool and see no difference in maintenance.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My last pool was salt and I loved it! This time Sandcastle would almost not do a salt pool so I went conventional with an auto chlorinator. I still miss the feel of the salt pool and see no difference in maintenance.
None of the builders I contacted suggested salt either.

jscarab

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Total pool care....best pool guys I have ever seen or heard about!! Salt water pools do not work well in our environment. :D:thumbsup

boatdoc55

Reaction score

Sure if you want to spend $700.00 every two years for a new generator. They fail all the time. It's a scam many pool outfits try and sell a new pool owner on. What's wrong with tried and true pool sanitation. My neighbors pool WAS salt and they changed back to tried and true and he says he feels no diff.
If you want to spend extra $ on equipment go with a heat pump that both heats and cools, you'll thank me for it in June - Sept.. Just my two cents worth.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I've had a salt pool for over 4 years now, it is great. I would not say it is any less work or cost than a chlorine pool, just different.

USMC2010

Reaction score
My initial chlorine generator is still working but you can get a replacement cell for under $600. I know they don't last more than 5 years +\-

CobraDave

Reaction score
I love my salt pool so far. I don't add any chlorine at all. It's really convenient.

Why no salt in Havasu?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Sure if you want to spend $700.00 every two years for a new generator. They fail all the time. It's a scam many pool outfits try and sell a new pool owner on. What's wrong with tried and true pool sanitation. My neighbors pool WAS salt and they changed back to tried and true and he says he feels no diff.
If you want to spend extra $ on equipment go with a heat pump that both heats and cools, you'll thank me for it in June - Sept.. Just my two cents worth.

My wife's' friend's husband is a pool contractor in So Cal and he recommended salt over chlorine.

Was wondering what the positives and negatives were for Havasu for a salt pool.

I heard that over the long term that the chemicals will etch your finish. Looking at alternatives.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I would think in such a warm climate chlorine is even more important to monitor. Having a salt cell will constantly feed the pool chlorine, keeping it stable. Manually adding chlorine or using inline chlorinators leave more room for error and can produce side effects of using the tabs.

But cells do go out after about three years ish. So that cost is there. Overall the cost is about the same but pretty convenient.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Update on our salt pool, 4 years 3 months my salt cell has died. I have a new one that will be here tomorrow for under $600. Usage meter was between 40 and 60% but I've read everywhere that they typically don't last longer than 5 years.

jscarab

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Salt water pools only generate chlorine when the system is running. Depending on swim load,sun exposure,vegetation, and other factors, salt water pools in havasu may need to run up to or over 12hrs a day. Homeowners already bitch about high electric bills in the summer!!! Chlorine tabs are pretty tried and true, $600 will buy enough chlorine tabs to last 6 years. If you chlorine pool owners want that "creamy, soft water feel", dump 2 bags of salt in your pool and forget about it.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Salt water pools only generate chlorine when the system is running. Depending on swim load,sun exposure,vegetation, and other factors, salt water pools in havasu may need to run up to or over 12hrs a day. Homeowners already bitch about high electric bills in the summer!!! Chlorine tabs are pretty tried and true, $600 will buy enough chlorine tabs to last 6 years. If you chlorine pool owners want that "creamy, soft water feel", dump 2 bags of salt in your pool and forget about it.

That makes sense I didn't think about how much run time is required.

boatdoc55

Reaction score

This right here answers all the questions!!! When we put ours in 11/2 years ago we went on a very good friend, pool guy for 20 years, advise, just to go old school. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to take care of a pool. Throw in a kreepy crawler, check chems 3X a week in summer and add what's needed. Big deal!! I might add, I was brought up in the 50's and 60's taking care of the family pool and the old school way of things is what I do on MOST things.