WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Max Machine Worx

farmo83

Reaction score
Do they deal with regular folks? I looked in there catalog online and for pricing it basically only talked about working with dealers.

Singleton

Reaction score
Yes. I have ordered a few parts from them.

Dog

Reaction score
Yes, give them a call.

relaxalot

Reaction score
Do they deal with regular folks? I looked in there catalog online and for pricing it basically only talked about working with dealers.

Awesome company... they will help you with anything you need regarding outdrives.. honest and fair..

Jmp

Reaction score
Just had a drive done by them. Good stuff. Not cheap, but you won't be disappointed

Boomer

Reaction score
Awesome company... they will help you with anything you need regarding outdrives.. honest and fair..
Hello relaxlot, it is my understanding that you had a drive cooler installed by Max Machine Worx. It has been about over a year or so. How is it working for you? Do you think it is worth installing verses changing the oil every ten hours. My drive, which has 370 hours is at their shop right now being rebuilt with all of their parts. Boat is a Howard 28 Bullet with a Whipple 525 with a XR ITS drive. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m heading over to Max machine works right now to do the first filming of their drive tech for RDP!

And yes they do sell parts directly to the public

relaxalot

Reaction score
Hello relaxlot, it is my understanding that you had a drive cooler installed by Max Machine Worx. It has been about over a year or so. How is it working for you? Do you think it is worth installing verses changing the oil every ten hours. My drive, which has 370 hours is at their shop right now being rebuilt with all of their parts. Boat is a Howard 28 Bullet with a Whipple 525 with a XR ITS drive. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Yes, they installed one for me. Everything worked well and ran perfect. I put alot of hours on my drive and it held up well but eventually I ended up switching the upper to an SCX with the IMCO lower. I had Max machine do all the work on this. It is difficult to quantify how the cooler affected the drive and life. However, I did notice that the gear oil stayed a much better color for much longer periods with the cooler. I just decided to bite the bullet on the drive and go with the larger gearset. The lower drive is still the merc gears. I do know that the guys at Max are honest and fair. They are the best guys in the drive business at Havasu for sure. I would evaluate everything and decide the best course of action for your situation. The drives are the weak link and all you can do is all you can do. Oil getting too hot will break down and not do its job.

Boomer

Reaction score
Yes, they installed one for me. Everything worked well and ran perfect. I put alot of hours on my drive and it held up well but eventually I ended up switching the upper to an SCX with the IMCO lower. I had Max machine do all the work on this. It is difficult to quantify how the cooler affected the drive and life. However, I did notice that the gear oil stayed a much better color for much longer periods with the cooler. I just decided to bite the bullet on the drive and go with the larger gearset. The lower drive is still the merc gears. I do know that the guys at Max are honest and fair. They are the best guys in the drive business at Havasu for sure. I would evaluate everything and decide the best course of action for your situation. The drives are the weak link and all you can do is all you can do. Oil getting too hot will break down and not do its job.
Thank you for your honest response.