WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tardifornia Bans Travel

530RL

Reaction score
The discrimination being claimed is all about open restrooms. A very small group of people dealing with sexual confusion wish to use the opposite restroom they were born equipped to use. I'm unsure how else to describe them and I support their positions to switch to what makes them feel comfortable and "right". But I also support the many, likely majority, that feel uncomfortable and outright scared of sharing restroom facilities with those physically, the opposite sex.

Parents who do not want a person dressed as a woman and equipped with cock and balls, pissing in the same room as their 5 year old daughter. With the facts in our faces daily of the perverts who prey on children and women, no parent or spouse in their right mind would not be in fear of just who enters the restroom of children and wives.

What about women that have suffered sexual assault and rape. Women who struggle just to let a loving husband or boyfriend touch them due to lingering mental issues. Female restrooms give them a sense of security and now some burly "shemale" dressed as a woman comes in to that perceived sanctuary labeled "Ladies", and drains his cock? Where's concern for these women?

The liberal CA government and all who are so damned hellbent on the rights of the transgenders of the world, just ignore those now effected by their campaigns of equality.

I am certain you believe this but the statement it is "all" about that one subject does not appear to me to be even close to the truth.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I am certain you believe this but the statement it is "all" about that one subject does not appear to me to be even close to the truth.

So what other legislation is in the spotlight? The restroom bills in various states is what is driving the train.

Your opinion that other factors of sexual discrimination can be read into the overall issue, but there is no legislation.

I'm "certain" you believe the issue goes deeper, but your opinion isn't what drives CA's decision.....I'm sure you just hate when they don't follow your complex understanding of the world.:rolleyes

SuperDave013

Reaction score
The discrimination being claimed is all about open restrooms. A very small group of people dealing with sexual confusion wish to use the opposite restroom they were born equipped to use. I'm unsure how else to describe them and I support their positions to switch to what makes them feel comfortable and "right". But I also support the many, likely majority, that feel uncomfortable and outright scared of sharing restroom facilities with those physically, the opposite sex.

Parents who do not want a person dressed as a woman and equipped with cock and balls, pissing in the same room as their 5 year old daughter. With the facts in our faces daily of the perverts who prey on children and women, no parent or spouse in their right mind would not be in fear of just who enters the restroom of children and wives.

What about women that have suffered sexual assault and rape. Women who struggle just to let a loving husband or boyfriend touch them due to lingering mental issues. Female restrooms give them a sense of security and now some burly "shemale" dressed as a woman comes in to that perceived sanctuary labeled "Ladies", and drains his cock? Where's concern for these women?

The liberal CA government and all who are so damned hellbent on the rights of the transgenders of the world, just ignore those now effected by their campaigns of equality.

You as most others know nothing about transgender people. Not knocking you for it. Most just don't give a shit until it's someone they know / care about. Then they (might) get educated on the subject. Pretty far off the stereotypes I see tossed around. Gender identity has nothing to do with sex or sexual orientation for starters.
Transgender people are one of the most victimized class of people on earth. Murder rate is high. You will not find any cases of trans people causing problems in bathrooms. Politicians yes, trans people .... nope. go look for yourself. Please go back and look at those facts you speak of and see who those perverts really are. Might find a priest but won't find a transsexual.

Oh, and it's not just about trans people. Didn't Texas just make it OK to discriminate against gay people for adopting children?? Pro lifers that didn't even adopt their dogs must have came up with that. lol Lots of stuff like that is going on that is not making evening news.

BTW, I'm transgender and trust me, you would question why I was in a mens bathroom. I don't look remotely like a Dave anymore. You would kick a butch looking gal out of the can before me.
Funny that I read so much unaccepting stuff online. On this site along with many others. But when I see those very same people in person they are cool with me. Heck, I'm expecting to get shot in the face but instead get offered a beer. I guess we all have a cooler of beer and a gun in this day and age.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You as most others know nothing about transgender people. Not knocking you for it. Most just don't give a shit until it's someone they know / care about. Then they (might) get educated on the subject. Pretty far off the stereotypes I see tossed around. Gender identity has nothing to do with sex or sexual orientation for starters.
Transgender people are one of the most victimized class of people on earth. Murder rate is high. You will not find any cases of trans people causing problems in bathrooms. Politicians yes, trans people .... nope. go look for yourself. Please go back and look at those facts you speak of and see who those perverts really are. Might find a priest but won't find a transsexual.

Oh, and it's not just about trans people. Didn't Texas just make it OK to discriminate against gay people for adopting children?? Pro lifers that didn't even adopt their dogs must have came up with that. lol Lots of stuff like that is going on that is not making evening news.

BTW, I'm transgender and trust me, you would question why I was in a mens bathroom. I don't look remotely like a Dave anymore. You would kick a butch looking gal out of the can before me.
Funny that I read so much unaccepting stuff online. On this site along with many others. But when I see those very same people in person they are cool with me. Heck, I'm expecting to get shot in the face but instead get offered a beer. I guess we all have a cooler of beer and a gun in this day and age.

Dare I say...pics please! (J/k!)

Are you saying that there are no "flamers" or "butches" in the trans ranks?

Curious because the gay friends I have all detest flamers, and consider them hurtful to their acceptance.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with either. :)

SuperDave013

Reaction score
Dare I say...pics please! (J/k!)

Are you saying that there are no "flamers" or "butches" in the trans ranks?

Curious because the gay friends I have all detest flamers, and consider them hurtful to their acceptance.

Well we don't seem to mesh the best with the drag queens if I had to draw a parallel. At least the flamers are gay. Drag queens are typically not transgender.
I only blame my actions on what hurts my acceptance.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

You're right, I don't get transgender people on a personal level. I've met several including an ex-aunt that became an uncle. So I do have a bit of understanding. He had his change 40 years ago and has lived life as a man. Adapted well and is accepted by the family who was very skeptical in the beginning. My cousin had a real hard time with it and even told his first wife his "mother" was his father and his real father was his stepfather with his stepmother being his birth mother......Took the boy years to get his head around how to explain the whole deal. And to me it was wrong for his mother to not put more into helping him deal with the issue from day one. Although I'm sure she didn't really know how to do that either.

The point of my post though is how society in general view the restroom issue. And that is the specific issue in my opinion that is driving the protests. I understand how you must feel as you live the issue everyday. But do you honestly think about others, like the women I mention that live in fear due to being harmed and violated? Those women deserve consideration as much as any other person. My point is clear, no one group of people should have legislation past for their interests, if that legislation harms another group.

The women are wrong in their fear of transgenders, but perception is what drives their feelings. And folks like you aren't their concern, it's those they perceive to no be, should we say, so completely changed. It's hard to make the point I'm trying to make in regards to how the detractors of restroom sharing feel. And these are not just my opinions, this is what I have been told by women that had been viciously raped or molested by older men. It's what they fear and have trouble dealing with every day.

My words were not chosen properly if I offended you. But my point was the rights of society as a whole, not just one group. There is going to be misconceptions and that is the reason the restroom issue is such a volatile one. Ignorance of transgenders aside, it's not a subject the general public deals with daily and the view is overrun with thoughts of perverts getting near the vulnerable in what is considered a safe area from predators.

Again,I'm not saying these are my beliefs. I'm saying these are the general beliefs of society. The reasons why the restroom legislative issue is the main focus of what is labeled as discrimination. The oracle says I'm wrong of course, but what other specific sexual issue is being addressed specifically?

Maybe what we need is a third restroom for public facilities that less defined transgender folks can use to keep from offending and being targeted. Just a thought and not meant as disrespect to anyone. But the bottom line is to find a way to educate society into seeing transgenders are not the issue. Their being assiciated with sexaul predators is the real issue. Blind ignorance in society is what associates gays and transgenders with deviant perverts.

I frankly have never associated gays with being dangerous perverts towards children and feel they can make great loving parents the same as conventional couples. How to make my views become those of folks 180 degrees the opposite is the issue. I don't know how that can be accomplished except over time with proper societal education. Even then there will be bigots that won't accept things.

SuperDave013

Reaction score
nice response, thanks. funny you talk of a trans man in your family. I was shocked to learn that is like 3X more common then the other direction.

Do I think of others feelings? Sure I do and hey, in the earlier days if I didn't look the part even slightly I would error on the side of caution and use the men's side. The last time I did that was the airport in Wilmington N.C. and got asked to leave. I was like, but the law in this state says I have to be in here. So at least one person saw how stupid those laws really are.

From what I see women are not threatened by me. Never ever have I had a negative interaction in a bathroom with a female. I'll tell you from both sides, I would worry about the predators in a mens room way more.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Trans people are simply "people" in my book, and I agree with your overall sentiment

About that Texas law...it doesn't discriminate against gay adoption.

The law doesn't force religious groups to promote gay adoption, it simply let's them opt out. There are plenty of adoption groups for gay people to patronize.

My gay neighbor has been fostering kids, and has adopted three kids, since the early 80's. It got to the point where the courts would call him to take-on especially tough cases.

You can imagine how difficult that would be in any state in the 80's. Don't believe everything you read about hillbillies in flyover states.

Oh, and Texas is closed [emoji4]

SuperDave013

Reaction score
Trans people are simply "people" in my book, and I agree with your overall sentiment

About that Texas law...it doesn't discriminate against gay adoption.

The law doesn't force religious groups to promote gay adoption, it simply let's them opt out. There are plenty of adoption groups for gay people to patronize.

My gay neighbor has been fostering kids, and has adopted three kids, since the early 80's. It got to the point where the courts would call him to take-on especially tough cases.

You can imagine how difficult that would be in any state in the 80's. Don't believe everything you read about hillbillies in flyover states.

Oh, and Texas is closed [emoji4]

thanks for the clarification. I travel a lot and love going to those hillbilly states. Everyone was so cool in N.C. I asked someone, who the hell is voting for this stuff?? And Texas might be closed but Austin sure isn't. Love that city and go a few times a year.