WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas Outlaw Challenge?

l84theriv

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what Vern ran today at the shootout. Saw video on facebook but no numbers.

Andy01

Reaction score
We don't know, cross wind was tough today. Boat jumped over 12 inches in the mid hundreds so he chopped the throttle, he also didn't run out the back door. Guess everyone after him ran out the back door was what i was told. These are gps units so if you stay on the throttle two or three more seconds you could pick up a couple mph easy. Course and setting was awesome, weather not so much. If Skater40 would have showed up that boat would have done another run.... :) There was a F32 that laid down a perfect run, boat had a perfect set and the wind and calmed a bit. Looked great.

l84theriv

Reaction score
We don't know, cross wind was tough today. Boat jumped over 12 inches in the mid hundreds so he chopped the throttle, he also didn't run out the back door. Guess everyone after him ran out the back door was what i was told. These are gps units so if you stay on the throttle two or three more seconds you could pick up a couple mph easy. Course and setting was awesome, weather not so much. If Skater40 would have showed up that boat would have done another run.... :) There was a F32 that laid down a perfect run, boat had a perfect set and the wind and calmed a bit. Looked great.

The only vid I saw was on FB and he wasnt on IT.

Andy01

Reaction score
The only vid I saw was on FB and he wasnt on IT.

They also did a exhibition run at 80mph with predator at 10am, Vern was here on a person invitation from Paul Robison that puts this on. Funny it was rough as shit yesterday in the bay and it was a 150 cruise by Endeavor Marine, windy and super rough water. It's just so different here.

l84theriv

Reaction score
If 40skater would have came came Vern definitely would have ran again its the west coast rivalry. lol. I was kidding before everyone gets rallied up.

l84theriv

Reaction score
They also did a exhibition run at 80mph with predator at 10am, Vern was here on a person invitation from Paul Robison that puts this on. Funny it was rough as shit yesterday in the bay and it was a 150 cruise by Endeavor Marine, windy and super rough water. It's just so different here.

That must of been the one I saw.

Andy01

Reaction score
Bruce Bullock of Bullock Marine ran passenger with Vern today.

l84theriv

Reaction score
Thanks Speedboat Magazine for the exclusive coverage of the 2017 Texas Outlaw Challenge National Shootout!!! #texasoutlawchallenge2017 #texasoutlawchallenge #n#TOC2017 #TOCNationalShootout

l84theriv

Reaction score
Don't know if that link will work. First time doing that.

l84theriv

Reaction score
You gotta love Vern tho......he can still run the fuck out of a muck.

skater40

Reaction score
The results just got posted in Texas-Predator wins the shootout again.:thumbsup
Congrats to Vern Gilbert and Bruce Bullock.