WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You think you're anal?

CigAjerk

Reaction score
This is an 03. I'm trying to find something wrong with it and can't.

Firemen=detailers that happen to fight fires.

IMG_2633.jpg

CigAjerk

Reaction score
I raise you no life jacket.

BTW that boat looks crazy clean.

It is. This guy is nuts. We are at the 1:40 mark in at least 108 and he's going to town. Under the boat, under the trailer...no thanks.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
This is an 03. I'm trying to find something wrong with it and can't.

Firemen=detailers that happen to fight fires.

Firemen take care of their junk. My dad is a retired Fire Chief and everything we had was taken care of like the engines and trucks at the fire department. If you banged against something or put your feet on upholstery he would call it unnecessary wear and you knew to not do it. It stuck with me and is the same way I treat my stuff. That is a beautiful boat. I wouldn't think twice about buying stuff from firemen.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Firemen take care of their junk. My dad is a retired Fire Chief and everything we had was taken care of like the engines and trucks at the fire department. If you banged against something or put your feet on upholstery he would call it unnecessary wear and you knew to not do it. It stuck with me and is the same way I treat my stuff. That is a beautiful boat. I wouldn't think twice about buying stuff from firemen.

I bought my boat from a fireman as well. It wasn't perfect, but in very good shape. Smooth honest and painless transaction.

Icky

Reaction score
I was gonna point out the dirty spot, but then I realized it was my phone screen:D

Andy01

Reaction score
It is. This guy is nuts. We are at the 1:40 mark in at least 108 and he's going to town. Under the boat, under the trailer...no thanks.

why? It's a boat, it gets wet, it gets dirty. Repeat. I don't understand the crazy "don't touch the boat", or detail it till the gel is gone.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I assumed it meant they had a high school teenage boy come over and wash and wax it while they watched !

Meaney77

Reaction score
I think firemen are anal because they have time to be anal! I am anal to an extent but if i had time to keep my shit cherry while my wife is working and kids are at school with no interruptions I think everything I had would be dialed.

Riley1

Reaction score
Isn't that pretty much what fire fighters do every day? Then, when there is a fire, isn't it Cal-Fire, prisoners, and volunteers who go to fight them?[emoji12]

JayBreww

Reaction score
Isn't that pretty much what fire fighters do every day? Then, when there is a fire, isn't it Cal-Fire, prisoners, and volunteers who go to fight them?[emoji12]

I like this guy [emoji1303]
We put em out, Feds sit on em for weeks.
Oh, and btw, working with multi agencies is the most fun of the job. If throttle was on the B side, I would have seen him out there in big bear all week.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I like this guy [emoji1303]
We put em out, Feds sit on em for weeks.
Oh, and btw, working with multi agencies is the most fun of the job. If throttle was on the B side, I would have seen him out there in big bear all week.

Been covering the city, if something goes out tomorrow or Sunday I will be on it.

IMG_7308.jpg

Btw, we keep our shit nice because we work our asses off to have it!

JayBreww

Reaction score
Been covering the city, if something goes out tomorrow or Sunday I will be on it.

I go back on tomorrow after a few hours off today.
Think I asked you before, but you know Ratcliffe? Was at 79, now a captain at 46?

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score

View attachment 569303

To add to that. We keep the equipment we run on, clean and running because we have respect for the money spent on it. and it needs to work when the bells go off!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I go back on tomorrow after a few hours off today.
Think I asked you before, but you know Ratcliffe? Was at 79, now a captain at 46?

Worked in same station together a few years ago before he promoted :thumbsup

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
To add to that. We keep the equipment we run on, clean and running because we have respect for the money spent on it. and it needs to work when the bells go off!

Pride shines :D

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Is it for sale or not???

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think firemen are anal because they have time to be anal! I am anal to an extent but if i had time to keep my shit cherry while my wife is working and kids are at school with no interruptions I think everything I had would be dialed.

They have to do something in between safety naps and working out in the weight room.

CigAjerk

Reaction score
Is it for sale or not???

He had it a shockwave over the winter and when he picked it up Bob said he had it sold 3 times. My buddy replied "pick up the phone...everything has a price".

nowski

Reaction score
If you think firemen are anal about their boats your probably right but have you seen their wives? Some are higher maintenance than those boats...

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
some fire guys here, cool... keith @ detaildoc did my boat a few weeks ago, came out awesome, fire supports fire

nowski

Reaction score
some fire guys here, cool... keith @ detaildoc did my boat a few weeks ago, came out awesome, fire supports fire
I have friends in the business, best man in my wedding (27 years ago) LA County...

scottchbrite

Reaction score

It's not a matter of "time", it's the culture of the job. Attention to detail is ingrained very early on in ones career. It's a very para-military type of profession (though many argue that it's fading away) with a lot of tradition and pride in doing a job the best it can be done. It often transcends to your kids too. My 4 year old has started to emulate some of my habits already.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
It's not a matter of "time", it's the culture of the job. Attention to detail is ingrained very early on in ones career. It's a very para-military type of profession (though many argue that it's fading away) with a lot of tradition and pride in doing a job the best it can be done. It often transcends to your kids too. My 4 year old has started to emulate some of my habits already.

True words right there. My son is following in his Grand Fathers (my Dad) foot steps and two Uncles also Fire Fighters. My son starts the Fire Academy in August. He is exactly as you described. I'm the same way but went into tech.

AQUA-HOLICS

Reaction score
IMG_1143.jpg When this rig goes out on fires it gets worked and driven in areas that I would never take my 4x4. I would detail it to an extent that I was waxing the undercarriage, that's just me and it has carried over to my personal life, it's just how I'm wired.

Attachments

• IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
We all work our asses off for our shit, were not all trust fund babies around here!!

This be true, thanks for bringing it to the top. After I wrote it that way, I figured someone would prolly make your point. Lots work hard, some work harder or more. Oh and some a lot less, however really irrelevant.
Point here is that fireman take care of their shit, for me it's pride in ownership. On the job, I was taught to keep our tools and equipment ready to work, I think it rolls over at home on ours toys and investments.
If it's dirty, clean it! Leave it in better condition than you got it! It's kind of a mindset and I think brought to light here as a character point.

For most that know me I am very low key about the work i do and the things I see and deal with when at work. I do it graciously, thankfully and honestly. I have a great level of appreciation for my job and what it provides for me, however it comes with sacrifices.

As for any of your trust fund crap to speak of, I think you might need a lesson.

Meaney77

Reaction score
As for any of your trust fund crap to speak of, I think you might need a lesson.

No lesson needed, I have worked for everything I have. No hand outs here!

I hope you didn't take my response as I was implying something towards you.