WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Favorite place to RV, West Coast?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We've done quite a bit of camping in So Cal when the kids were little.

South Carlsbad
Santee Lakes
KQ Ranch Julian
Dixon Lake Escondido
Lilac Oaks in Valley Center
Woods Valley in Valley Center

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Islander RV resort.. Now you can have a water front spot and you're not stuck there all year round.. ;)

In Paso Robles there's a place called Wine Country RV Resort, it's real nice. I towed my buggy up there behind the RV and took the buggy wine tasting, it was a total blast.

I have heard that Edison Campground at Shaver is super nice but I've never been there. Lake Tahoe has some nice places as well.

But none of them are as nice as the RV park at Circus Circus on the Vegas strip.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What's your favorite campground? Is there any place you like that you don't have to book a year in advance to get in? Santa Barbara to San Diego?

Thanks

Santa Barbara Elks lodge.
Nice campground and great facilities with unique functions. The Lodge itself was pretty much founded long ago and developed by the Brothers at the Monastery up in the canyon above so it has that old California character. Nothing like it anyplace.
Ya have to be a member of any Elks Lodge though. About $20 a night full hookups.

We used to love the Disneyland Campground but that got replaced with a parking structure. (The Florida location is still excellent).

My favorite is still the top of the Gecko Loop Glamis. But that's just me not for everyone.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Islander RV resort.. Now you can have a water front spot and you're not stuck there all year round.. ;)

In Paso Robles there's a place called Wine Country RV Resort, it's real nice. I towed my buggy up there behind the RV and took the buggy wine tasting, it was a total blast.

I have heard that Edison Campground at Shaver is super nice but I've never been there. Lake Tahoe has some nice places as well.

But none of them are as nice as the RV park at Circus Circus on the Vegas strip.

We just got back from Samstown RV park Las Vegas.
South Side is the most desirable with huge pull thrus, the North side need a re design and can be a hassle.
Usually we pay about $25 a nite with our discount card. 50 AMP full hook ups.

Free shuttle hourly to Downtown or the Strip, no resort fees.

The AVI in Laughlin works. Lots of SxS trails to some interesting places and grocery stores and bars.

Meaney77

Reaction score

Hey Dan- I heard their is a water park close to Wine RV too?

renodaytona

Reaction score
Lake Tahoe, Lake Almanor, there are some really cool spots around Bridgeport.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to take a few quick 3-4 day weekends and escape the Vegas heat once in a while. Seems like you need to plan this a year in advance.

Moody

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to take a few quick 3-4 day weekends and escape the Vegas heat once in a while. Seems like you need to plan this a year in advance.

Thats was nice about Duck Creek, but the fires screwed that idea for us.

FlatNv

Reaction score
Thats was nice about Duck Creek, but the fires screwed that idea for us.

was going to suggest that to Bill

my sister lives there as of this morning they are still good, about 8 miles away and hopefully winds dont shift, that is a BIG fire :thumbsdown

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Wickenberg and Williams AZ.

Williams you head up a few miles from town on Az 64 in the Forest 7000 ft elevation and usually much cooler to a meadow with free dispersed camping.
Off Road trails to the Grand Canyon Rim and the town of Williams.
115 in Vegas, 79F in Williams.

IMG_2286-800x600.jpg

IMG_2363-800x600.jpg

11379080_1583836991876881_1062343694_n.jpg

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score

my sister lives there as of this morning they are still good, about 8 miles away and hopefully winds dont shift, that is a BIG fire :thumbsdown

Scary, best of luck to your Sister buddy!

CornWater

Hey Now!!!
Reaction score
Try Big Bear shores. Private campground and I looked a few days ago had quite a bit of availability. A little more pricey but would be nice change of pace from Vegas summer....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Well that just sucks...

:(

Scott E

Reaction score
Shaver lake is also a great place to check out. Make reservations at Camp Edison. Spots are pretty cool, kind of like being up in Mammoth but around a lake.

Lake isnt huge but its a great place to hang out and relax.

X100