WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FMX these days

rivergames

Reaction score
Just watched Nitro World Games on TV

Superman front flips. Heel clicker front flips. Heel clicker to Superman while doing a front flip.

Are you forking kidding me with the shit these guys can do with FMX these days. It's nuts!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
It was freaking awesome....I told my buddy that when we were racing MX back in the day and found ourselves upside down, it wasn't a trick....we were fucked! lmao! those guys have some badass talent though, and laid it down!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:D

Xring01

Reaction score
Living in Temecula area, I have met alot of these guys. Trust me, they will not be able to walk when they are 40.

This sport is the reason why some of the best surgeons in the world come here 2-3 days per week...

The next sport for surgery's is crossfit..

rivergames

Reaction score
I've been knocked out multiple times, broken fingers, shattered my elbow, and more I don't even remember.

And that's only racing track on the weekends in my teens.

Looks like these guys crash when they try every other gnarly new trick. I can only imagine how jacked up these guys will be down the road!

Awesome to watch though!
4da665c7368171be4fffea5ba4c1996c.jpg

nowski

Reaction score
These kids can pull off some incredible stunts but the price they pay can be the difference between life and death...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Bout a week after I bought my 250R 2 St, crusty demons, fmx, xgames, ect was on TV, my wife says what is different from your bike to those bikes they ride?

I laughed and said, "The doood on the back twisting the throttle." :)

Brian

DC-88

Reaction score
I thought the "Unchained " documentary was good IMG_5736.MOV.movIMG_5736.MOV.mov

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Living in Temecula area, I have met alot of these guys. Trust me, they will not be able to walk when they are 40.

This sport is the reason why some of the best surgeons in the world come here 2-3 days per week...

The next sport for surgery's is crossfit..

Heck yea, I limp, crack and pop for a few mins when I first wake up, getting old sucks.

I've never had this happen before, and I've been riding racing since I was 6. Two weeks ago at the track, long fast right, the front end started to tuck, I saved myself but when my foot stomped the dirt my big toe hurt so bad from slapping down I went back to the truck, pulled my boot&sock to find blood oozing from under the nail. Toe nail is all lose and days from completely falling off....WTF

rivergames

Reaction score
This is from 2016. I couldn't find the 2017 best tricks on video yet

[video=youtube;uSDdoeiicKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDdoeiicKA[/video]

rivergames

Reaction score
Here we go! 2017
[video=youtube;qfk0T43HZlc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfk0T43HZlc[/video]

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I wish they wouldn't call this crap MX. It has nothing to do with Motocross. The real bike riders have all either retired or are long gone. Mikola, Lackey, Tripes. Geobors, Decoster. Ya, I'm an old late 60's early 70's MX rider and mechanic. These new daredevils are nothing but. They couldn't hold a candle to any real MX rider.

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
"The real bike riders have all either retired or are long gone" this must be a list of fake rides :rolleyes

Blake Baggett
Eli Tomac
Jason Anderson
Marvin Musquin
Broc Tickle
Justin Bogle
Dean Wilson
Weston Peick
Cooper Webb
Josh Grant
Cole Seely
Justin Barcia
Martin Davalos
Fredrik Noren
Dakota Alix
Christian Craig
Heath Harrison
Dean Ferris
Josh Mosiman
Trey Canard
Justin Hoeft
Brandon Scharer
John Short
Toshiki Tomita
Ronnie Stewart
Thomas Sipes
Dillan Epstein
Cody Cooper
Henry Miller
Dakota Tedder
Rhys Carter
Zack Williams
Kaven Benoit
Morgan Burger
Isaac Teasdale
Carson Tickle
Bobby Piazza
Angelo Pellegrini
Zach Bell
Jacob Baumert

250 Class
Zach Osborne
Alex Martin
Jeremy Martin
Aaron Plessinger
Austin Forkner
Adam Cianciarulo
Joey Savatgy
Colt Nichols
Dylan Ferrandis
Mitchell Harrison
Shane McElrath
Sean Cantrell
Justin Hill
Michael Mosiman6
Luke Renzland
Nick Gaines
Lorenzo Locurcio
Kyle Cunningham
RJ Hampshire
Chase Sexton
Mitchell Oldenburg
Bradley Taft
Jimmy Decotis
Mark Worth
Jerry Robin
Cameron McAdoo
Steven Clarke
Gustavo Souza
Cody Williams
Brandan Leith
Bradley Lionnet
Jon Ames
Henry Miller

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
One of my drunken friends partying with Pastrana and his crew. :smackhead

[video=youtube;ELcaWOQeIf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcaWOQeIf4[/video]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I wish they wouldn't call this crap MX. It has nothing to do with Motocross. The real bike riders have all either retired or are long gone. Mikola, Lackey, Tripes. Geobors, Decoster. Ya, I'm an old late 60's early 70's MX rider and mechanic. These new daredevils are nothing but. They couldn't hold a candle to any real MX rider.
Dude, you are sssooooo out of touch. The MX is referring to the bike. Not how it's ridden. Also, a lot of these guys can throw their machine around a turn and over whoops faster and more efficient than any of those guys listed. They were fast for their day but the machines and techniques have improved soooo much it's not even funny!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Dude, you are sssooooo out of touch. The MX is referring to the bike. Not how it's ridden. Also, a lot of these guys can throw their machine around a turn and over whoops faster and more efficient than any of those guys listed. They were fast for their day but the machines and techniques have improved soooo much it's not even funny!

But they had such style and grace. ;)

john-banks-leads-don-rickman.jpg Resource645.jpeg joel8.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Uhh yea...watched that last night...knew some shit was going to go down as I am a fan/friends with the NC guys from x-games years ago. Got to party in the booth with them at a few shows.

Watching him huck that nothing-front-bike-flip was insane...as well as the other 1080 corked up front flips and the triple backs landed...:yikes

It's a whole new world man....:skull

Don't even get started on the MX stuff.....360 flips? Insane. All of them doing double backs in competition!

I was lucky enough to be there in LA when Travis landed the first double back...what a night at The Standard after the show!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wifie says it should be sponsored by Orthopedic Hospital, Kaiser Permanente' and Blue Cross.
I love this stuff.
Anyone know when it next appears in Vegas?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Riding has evolved, but writing about the sport and the lifestyle has not.

I looked forward to reading Super Hunky every month, and bought his list of stories.

UD

BingerFang

Reaction score

Lol, take another hit from the bong.

riverroyal

Reaction score
it has 'jumped the shark' No more money in it either.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
it has 'jumped the shark' No more money in it either.

While this may or may not be true, it won?t stop the next generation of young guys from progressing. The money is a ways down the list for a lot of these guys. If you pay attention to the free ride segment of the sport you will see journeyman riders pushing the envelope on a weekly basis for nothing but the fun and passion of the sport. FMX shows and comps are a side show, you take them away and these guys will still ride because its who they are.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Lol, take another hit from the bong.

Free Style Motocross has NOTHING to do with old school Motocross. They have nothing in common except a 2 wheeled Bike is under the rider. In Real Motocross being in the air and doing whatever the hell these go do is losing time and distance from whom you are racing. When we rode you tried to keep the bike on two tires and gain ground.
You were not prolly born yet when we were inventing it. There is NO way in hell these young kids could keep up with the above mentioned if they(inventers) had the same modern bikes they have today. Typical younger generation thinking they invented things when they actually just changed things for more drama and money.
My statements have NO impact on the guys that ride real MX, you know, up and down real hills and tight turns. The stadium shit is just that, stadium shit.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Free Style Motocross has NOTHING to do with old school Motocross. They have nothing in common except a 2 wheeled Bike is under the rider. In Real Motocross being in the air and doing whatever the hell these go do is losing time and distance from whom you are racing. When we rode you tried to keep the bike on two tires and gain ground.
You were not prolly born yet when we were inventing it. There is NO way in hell these young kids could keep up with the above mentioned if they(inventers) had the same modern bikes they have today. Typical younger generation thinking they invented things when they actually just changed things for more drama and money.
My statements have NO impact on the guys that ride real MX, you know, up and down real hills and tight turns. The stadium shit is just that, stadium shit.

0afc2d379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43--funny-memes-funny-shit.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
I think the whole idea behind FMX is to make it something other than MX. Although, all these guys grew up racing moto they transitioned to FMX for one reason or another. Oldschool moto is cool, but times change and the sport has progressed. So has FMX, these guys are progressing the sport constantly. It's hard to compare periods of time in sports, the athletes and equipment are constantly improving. I know that overall, today's motocross riders are stronger and more fit than guys were in the 70's and 80's.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

You really answer your whole argument in your first sentence. They have nothing to do with each other. Don?t kid yourself for a second though, most of these guys can lay down a fast moto. They have real deal bike skills and would surprise you on the track. Just because they don?t wear open faced helmets and actual leather Leathers and pilot and air cooled, twin shock, death machines doesn?t mean they aren?t some tough dedicated bastards. The stuff they are doing is hard, really hard. And its even harder to do with the big clanking balls they have to find room for in their riding pants :D

BingerFang

Reaction score

Lol