WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much power is to much ?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I use to have a 2011 Challenger 392 that had close to 500Hp and the car was crazy fast, well i just picked up a 17 Challenger Hellcat with 707 Hp and let me tell you that thing is a blast to drive, sure it has way more Hp than i need or will probably ever use and traction control is a good thing in my book. i'm amazed that how nice the interior is. i thought the 2011 rode nice and this is just way nicer.

Now of course i'm sure the haters will have to pipe in on how heavy it is or how much better the mustang/camaro is, but this thing is just plane fun in stock form.

also since I'm such a small guy ( 6'4") its so much better for daily driving then the Corvette was

Attachments

• IMG_4642.jpg
    IMG_4642.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 16

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
But is the Hellcat an automatic? :)

For me those cars are quick but not fast. But that is about as much power (too much given the tire size of that car) as you can use on the street. I would argue that below 80 MPH your old car and your new car were probably very close in speed.

There are situations however where slower cars on paper are simply more fun to drive.

The car looks great! and the newer ones are much better than the older ones inside.

TCHB

Reaction score
My dad bought a 340 Duster new in 1970 and we thought that was fun to drive.

Nice car!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No such thing as too much.:cool

I used to think that, but for a car that you are going to put more than 5000 miles a year on.. there is a limit, because at some point there are too many compromises for a street car.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
of that car with 700+ HP ?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Very nice and congrats. Drive it and enjoy it

I use to have a 2011 Challenger 392 that had close to 500Hp and the car was crazy fast, well i just picked up a 17 Challenger Hellcat with 707 Hp and let me tell you that thing is a blast to drive, sure it has way more Hp than i need or will probably ever use and traction control is a good thing in my book. i'm amazed that how nice the interior is. i thought the 2011 rode nice and this is just way nicer.

Now of course i'm sure the haters will have to pipe in on how heavy it is or how much better the mustang/camaro is, but this thing is just plane fun in stock form.

also since I'm such a small guy ( 6'4") its so much better for daily driving then the Corvette was

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I definitely would not turn down an opportunity to drive a hellcat. Badass cars! Congrats, enjoy that sucker and burn through some rubber on it.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

The hell with the haters. Congratulations on buying a great, fun to drive toy.

That's the negative of Internet forums, not just this one. They all suffer from it. If you put up this or even cool build thread, someone invariably makes negative comments, throwing the whole thing off the rails. It's you car, you bought it, that's all that matters.

Burn the damn tires off of it.... :D

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
But is the Hellcat an automatic? :)

For me those cars are quick but not fast. But that is about as much power (too much given the tire size of that car) as you can use on the street. I would argue that below 80 MPH your old car and your new car were probably very close in speed.

There are situations however where slower cars on paper are simply more fun to drive.
Duh! 80mph is 80 mph. Which is heavier, a ton of steel or a ton of feathers.[emoji1]

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Duh! 80mph is 80 mph. Which is heavier, a ton of steel or a ton of feathers.[emoji1]

What I mean is in that chassis, the 500 HP car is close in speed to the 700 HP car stoplight to stoplight, going through a cloverleaf freeway on or off ramp, etc.

Passing on the freeway, burnouts, and top end are a different matter.

And from 2011 to 2017 they have made a lot of other improvements to that car.

AEA

Reaction score
Very Nice....watch out for the fun suckers

port austin pirate

Reaction score
congrats on the new ride very cool, and remember HP is like Ammo en Boating time, no such thing as to much:D

riverroyal

Reaction score
also at Peterson museum....sold for 7 million at auction
imagejpeg_0 (002).jpg