WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Castaic Home Invasion Ends With Intruder Shot By Homeowner

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Love stories like this

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...n-ends-with-intruder-shot-by-homeowner-197470

Around 2 a.m., a woman noticed a man was trying to force entry into her home on the 36000 block of Ridge Route Road.

Once the suspect had forced entry into her home, the woman fled her residence and then called 911 to report the break in, but she then saw the suspect leave her home.

Thinking she was safe, the woman returned to her home and then barricaded the front door. However, the suspect then broke into the home using a rear entrance, according to Sheriff?s Station officials.

This time around, however, the woman armed herself with a handgun. After a short confrontation with the suspect, the homeowner fired a shot at the suspect, hitting him in the chest.

Deputy personnel arrived on scene and rendered aid until paramedics arrived.

The suspect, a male Hispanic adult, was transported to a local hospital where he is listed in fair condition and is in custody for a burglary charge.

The homeowner declined to comment about the incident when reached by phone Monday, but confirmed the operation of the nearby business, Castaic Canine Camp, was unaffected by the incident.

Neighbors in the remote canyon, who did not wish to give their names, said they were not surprised the homeowner got the upper hand, saying Sheriff?s deputies response times to the area were not as quick as other areas, and residents are prepared for anything that could happen in that time.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff?s Station Detective Bureau at (661) 255-1121. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call ?Crime Stoppers? by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), use your smartphone by downloading the ?P3 Tips? Mobile APP, or ?P3 Mobile? for the hearing impaired, on Google play or the App Store, or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Love stories like this

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...n-ends-with-intruder-shot-by-homeowner-197470

Around 2 a.m., a woman noticed a man was trying to force entry into her home on the 36000 block of Ridge Route Road.

Once the suspect had forced entry into her home, the woman fled her residence and then called 911 to report the break in, but she then saw the suspect leave her home.

Thinking she was safe, the woman returned to her home and then barricaded the front door. However, the suspect then broke into the home using a rear entrance, according to Sheriff?s Station officials.

This time around, however, the woman armed herself with a handgun. After a short confrontation with the suspect, the homeowner fired a shot at the suspect, hitting him in the chest.

Deputy personnel arrived on scene and rendered aid until paramedics arrived.

The suspect, a male Hispanic adult, was transported to a local hospital where he is listed in fair condition and is in custody for a burglary charge.

The homeowner declined to comment about the incident when reached by phone Monday, but confirmed the operation of the nearby business, Castaic Canine Camp, was unaffected by the incident.

Neighbors in the remote canyon, who did not wish to give their names, said they were not surprised the homeowner got the upper hand, saying Sheriff?s deputies response times to the area were not as quick as other areas, and residents are prepared for anything that could happen in that time.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff?s Station Detective Bureau at (661) 255-1121. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call ?Crime Stoppers? by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), use your smartphone by downloading the ?P3 Tips? Mobile APP, or ?P3 Mobile? for the hearing impaired, on Google play or the App Store, or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.

:thumbsup

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
:eek Just up the road a little from me. And no sooner am i reading this and I have my son texting me and going, see this is why I have one, you never know when you're in need it.
If she had only fired off a 2nd one;)

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Quick question. Are they going to take the ladies gun for evidence and leave her defenseless if the perps friends come over for retribution? I have read that before.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Quick question. Are they going to take the ladies gun for evidence and leave her defenseless if the perps friends come over for retribution? I have read that before.

Unfortunately, the answer is more than likely yes. She will be able to get it back unless she's committed some type of disqualifying crime between time of purchase and now. And NO, shooting that guy in self defense would not count, unless they believe it wasn't in self defense which would have resulted in her arrest.:thumbsup

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the answer is more than likely yes. She will be able to get it back unless she's committed some type of disqualifying crime between time of purchase and now. And NO, shooting that guy in self defense would not count, unless they believe it wasn't in self defense which would have resulted in her arrest.:thumbsup

Buddy came home to guy in the house. Long story short, held him with his glock. Had to jump through hoops to get it back. Almost didn't. Moral- after perp is down trade olff to a cheap gun or my understanding is they wont take a rifle.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Buddy came home to guy in the house. Long story short, held him with his glock. Had to jump through hoops to get it back. Almost didn't. Moral- after perp is down trade olff to a cheap gun or my understanding is they wont take a rifle.

My home defense/self defense pistols are solid shooters that I am prepared to be without if taken. Keep the favorite 1911's and high dollar revolvers in the safe.;)

Old Texan

Reaction score
"Failure drill" people.......

Two to the body, one to the head. Problem solved for good. Start the coroner.....

I don't ever want to kill someone. But I prefer that over knowing a perp is back out there with the possibility of returning to get even. Loose ends can be dangerous.

500bbc

Reaction score
She shoulda shot him more than once.

RD

I know a guy that did just that.
The second shot was proven to have been delivered while the perp was on the ground. He did time.

Backlash

Reaction score
O-T,

I absolutely agree with you and hope I make it through life without having to cross that bridge. With that being said, I am willing to do just that if there are no other alternatives and I'm faced with making a life or death split-second decision. Should this same scenario play out in my life, I'm willing to lose a gun to the DOJ knowing that I protected myself and my family. Yes, I'm sure I'll end up in criminal and civil court and that's fine too. It wouldn't be the first time.

Until the laws of this country are changed and these asshole thieves are slapped with serious penalties for the crimes they're committing, this type of crime will continue.

Old Texan

Reaction score
O-T,

I absolutely agree with you and hope I make it through life without having to cross that bridge. With that being said, I am willing to do just that if there are no other alternatives and I'm faced with making a life or death split-second decision. Should this same scenario play out in my life, I'm willing to lose a gun to the DOJ knowing that I protected myself and my family. Yes, I'm sure I'll end up in criminal and civil court and that's fine too. It wouldn't be the first time.

Until the laws of this country are changed and these asshole thieves are slapped with serious penalties for the crimes they're committing, this type of crime will continue.

Well said.

In my 66 years I've seen far too many folks living in fear for justifiable reasons when LE can't prudently stop the criminal element. LE can only do so much and be in so many places. LE is not at fault by any means, just restricted. Criminals are idiots but street smart and use predatory traits to take advantage of the weakest targets. Armed citizens are what makes the difference in the majority of situations. Our laws need to be strengthened in the citizens favor. Not just penalties but in the cases where defensive actions were obviously the last resort.