• IMG_8211.jpg
    IMG_8211.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_7976.jpg
    IMG_7976.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 677

Rickybobby

Reaction score
PT I spread the word over at the Campbell BO fb, hope you get some calls!!!!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Aww man. I am sad for you PT! Was a cool project, and would have been a ton of fun on the water!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Aww man. I am sad for you PT! Was a cool project, and would have been a ton of fun on the water!

I got to have a little fun with her. Me and my girl took her out a few times around and to the channel. It is a cool little boat but I just don't have the time or place to do the work she needs.

shan

Reaction score
The engine is ready to pull. It's been hot here and I've had to move some things around so I can work on it. It looks like a 73 date code LS6. We'll see. It's out tomorrow.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Shan
Did you buy Pink Taco's boat ???

Send your email to Campbellboatowners.org so we can get you on the list of happenings.

shan

Reaction score
So it rained last night, so when I got up this morning it was a "little" humid. I think I lost 2 quarts, but I got it out. I really should have spent some more time diagnosing, but Tom said he overheated it, and it cranked like it it had at least one dead hole, so I pulled it. Didn't see any impeller or blockage issues. I was going to leak it when I had it on the stand, but dropped the ball on that. There -may- be a suspect head gasket, but I stress may. It's a 4 bolt block std. bore. Pistons look new. Steel crank, 7/16" rods, standard, bearings look perfect. Isky Z66 solid cam that's not round!:eek Overall, a really solid piece. I have to rethink my plan now because I was assuming a junkyard dog engine and had planned accordingly. The boat has great bones with drop through hardware. The single cable sloppy steering is a concern, but we'll see.

shan

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it's salvageable!

They're all salvageable. :rolleyes Thanks for being a straight-up seller Tom. I'm having to stop myself repeatedly on this project, but my plan is to make it mechanically sound, get the interior female friendly and use it. These things can snowball quickly, and I don't want that. I'm not going to get too excited about the gelcoat. It is what it is, and it's gelcoat not paint, so perfect. It should be fun. BTW, that prop is going on the wall, classic!:tbi Oh, and I haven't figured out how yet, but I want to pay my buddy CC some tribute on this boat.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
They're all salvageable. :rolleyes Thanks for being a straight-up seller Tom. I'm having to stop myself repeatedly on this project, but my plan is to make it mechanically sound, get the interior female friendly and use it. These things can snowball quickly, and I don't want that. I'm not going to get too excited about the gelcoat. It is what it is, and it's gelcoat not paint, so perfect. It should be fun. BTW, that prop is going on the wall, classic!:tbi Oh, and I haven't figured out how yet, but I want to pay my buddy CC some tribute on this boat.

I'd love to see you do something for CC [emoji1303].

shan

Reaction score
So, I have too many projects, this is for sale again. $3500 less engine. It has a lot of good about it. All drop through hardware. Champion v-drive, THM 400. The interior has some parts new, some that need attention. I could have a running engine i could supply for more $.

shan

Reaction score
So, I have too many projects, this is for sale again. $3500 less engine. It has a lot of good about it. All drop through hardware. Champion v-drive, THM 400. The interior has some parts new, some that need attention. I could have a running engine i could supply for more $.
Make offer, I need it gone. All the rigging and exhaust is there. Lot's of new plumbing, good wiring.

Your ad here

Reaction score
What all needs to be done to make this turn key? More details about the boat? Year, condition of fuel tank(s), parts installed or need to be installed like transmission, structurally good, ect?

shan

Reaction score
What all needs to be done to make this turn key? More details about the boat? Year, condition of fuel tank(s), parts installed or need to be installed like transmission, structurally good, ect?

It would need an engine (BBC). I could supply the pan, pu and a Holley Strip Dominator intake with a Holley 4150 (I think it's a 750 or 800 CFM). The engine was not running when I bought it, but Tom had just replaced the THM 400 so I assume it's good. Engine, trans, driveline and the interior that had to be removed to remove those parts would need to reinstalled. The upholstery around the deck in the front is in poor shape along with the large cushion in the front (playpen?). The rest is very usable. I never had it in the water, but judging by the amount of silicone around the shaft log, it leaks. The v-drive is clean and spins free. I'd have to verify the gears, but either 12s or 15s. The prop that I got with it is hammered. Prop shaft and rudder are 1 1/8" prop shaft spins true.

It's a 1974. Fuel tanks are aluminum and clean. Stringers and floors are very good. Much of the sub floor has already been replaced. Trailer is decent with disk brakes. Let me know if you have other questions.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Would be cool to see someone get this rig on the water. If I had the money o would have kept her. Cool old boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shan

Reaction score
Would be cool to see someone get this rig on the water. If I had the money o would have kept her. Cool old boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dude, I just don't have time for all of the projects. There's a ton of cool and good in this boat, and I would love to see someone give it the love it needs. I think you had Dave redo the fuel system also??

shan

Reaction score
It would need an engine (BBC). I could supply the pan, pu and a Holley Strip Dominator intake with a Holley 4150 (I think it's a 750 or 800 CFM). The engine was not running when I bought it, but Tom had just replaced the THM 400 so I assume it's good. Engine, trans, driveline and the interior that had to be removed to remove those parts would need to reinstalled. The upholstery around the deck in the front is in poor shape along with the large cushion in the front (playpen?). The rest is very usable. I never had it in the water, but judging by the amount of silicone around the shaft log, it leaks. The v-drive is clean and spins free. I'd have to verify the gears, but either 12s or 15s. The prop that I got with it is hammered. Prop shaft and rudder are 1 1/8" prop shaft spins true.

It's a 1974. Fuel tanks are aluminum and clean. Stringers and floors are very good. Much of the sub floor has already been replaced. Trailer is decent with disk brakes. Let me know if you have other questions.

If you really give a shit, and interested, I'll post more. If you're just trying to bitch about what I posted, I won't. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Your ad here

Reaction score
If you really give a shit, and interested, I'll post more. If you're just trying to bitch about what I posted, I won't. I'm guessing it's the latter.
WTF did I bitch about? I just asked for more information that would be nice to know since you just stated boat needs engine and work. Sorry I didn't respond quick enough but thanks for the information on what needs to be done. If all it needed was engine dropped in and interior I would make an offer. As described it's to much for me to take on.

KevinR

Reaction score
Saw one on the river today just below Topock.

beaverfab

Reaction score
Boat in now in Texas starting to freshen it up will start a build thread but for now some Pictures. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 482D0BAA-1EA0-4B29-9AD4-1260F6DDB4BE.jpeg
    482D0BAA-1EA0-4B29-9AD4-1260F6DDB4BE.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 01FD4C3F-49C5-4918-B362-0153119A7BC3.jpeg
    01FD4C3F-49C5-4918-B362-0153119A7BC3.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 326