WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Amp location?

Tahoe540

Reaction score
Not well versed in the stereo installation area and installing completely new stereo system in my boat. Where would be the best location for the Amp? I guess my question is it better to have it closer to the batteries and have shorter power cables and longer RCA cables or vise versa? All of my speakers are outside but the deck is inside.

Tahoe540

Reaction score
It is the boat in my avatar a 30 ft advantage.
This is the current speaker situation 4 6.5" and will be putting a sealed marine sub under the drivers seat you see. The deck will be inside.
speakers.jpg

renodaytona

Reaction score
I'd mount them up front away from any possible water intrusion. All three of my amps are up in front, long power and ground cables.

Tahoe540

Reaction score
Thanks RenoDaytona, I am over it and having a guy coming over tonight and install the whole thing. Hey we are up and running now. Going to Tahoe today so let me know if you ever want to meet up.

Scott

renodaytona

Reaction score
Thanks RenoDaytona, I am over it and having a guy coming over tonight and install the whole thing. Hey we are up and running now. Going to Tahoe today so let me know if you ever want to meet up.

Scott

Just pulled my carbs off to have them gone through and also boost referenced. I should have them back next week, I will let you know when I'm dialed so we can hook up.