WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey DILLIGAF.....CP3 traded

Raffit78

Reaction score
with Jerry West on board, I don't think there's much to worry about. ;)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
That's a tough one.....He was the heart and soul with that team I just don't think he was ever going to be able to get them over the top.

Houston is a weird fit...Harden is a ball dominant player and just had a tremendous season playing point forward.

It's the GSW era.....All other teams are playing for 2nd unless Curry or Durant goes down with an injury.

I wonder if they don't try and move Blake?

boataholic

Reaction score
I believe the team will be dismantled, as Blake is a free agent as well.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I predict they will make it to the playoffs, and bow out in the 1st round without a struggle.
But they would have done that anyways with CP3...because they will never be the LAKERS :eek:finger:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I believe the team will be dismantled, as Blake is a free agent as well.

I don't think so....

The team is owned by one of the richest men in the world that want's to win. Team is now being semi run by Jerry West that only cares about winning.

I think they knew that CP3 was leaving and they wanted to get something vs. just letting him walk.

I'm not sure Blake leaves for less $$$ as they can offer him an extra year and an extra 50 million. With his injury history why not just sign that deal and hang out?

lob city is gone though....cp3 fueled that whole deal

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Kind of surprised how it went down however, this has West written all over it. I believe Docs days are pretty much over.

I trust Jerry West a hell of a lot more than Doc Rivers.

CP3 really wanted out IMO and decided to work with the Clips so that they could get something back in return. Maybe him and BG really don't care for each other much? I work with people I don't really like but whatever.....

With CP3 taking this one year OPT in for about $24M so he could be traded he better hope he doesn't get a major injury. If he has a career ending injury next year this OPT in deal could have cost him almost $200M dollars. 200 MILLION!!!!!!! Thats a lot of snaps for ur sleeves....

I wish him nothing but the best and its time to move on. He was a professional his entire time here and represented the Clips well.

As far as BG....I am not sure what is going to be done now.

One thing I can assure you is that West wasn't brought on board to just continue the same ol' shit.....

Give credit for getting a starter, 6th man, young player and a first rd. pick for a player that could have left in FA.

What if CP3 doesn't work out in Houston with Harden and then comes back with LBJ to the Clips after next year.....lol

boataholic

Reaction score
I don't think so....

The team is owned by one of the richest men in the world that want's to win. Team is now being semi run by Jerry West that only cares about winning.

I think they knew that CP3 was leaving and they wanted to get something vs. just letting him walk.

I'm not sure Blake leaves for less $$$ as they can offer him an extra year and an extra 50 million. With his injury history why not just sign that deal and hang out?

lob city is gone though....cp3 fueled that whole deal
I agree with you both, the reality is Blake has been hampered with injuries (why give him the $$$), Reddick is also a free agent. The nucleus of that team was built to win now, and they were unable to get over that hump. I'm sure Jerry West will bring value but not to a roster that couldn't get past the second round.
So do you hold on to those players and continue 45 win seasons? Or do you start fresh and rebuild? I believe you rebuild as this team is unable to compete in the west the way the roster sits today. The real question is are you content with making the play-off or do you want to win a Championship?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I agree with you both, the reality is Blake has been hampered with injuries (why give him the $$$), Reddick is also a free agent. The nucleus of that team was built to win now, and they were unable to get over that hump. I'm sure Jerry West will bring value but not to a roster that couldn't get past the second round.
So do you hold on to those players and continue 45 win seasons? Or do you start fresh and rebuild? I believe you rebuild as this team is unable to compete in the west the way the roster sits today. The real question is are you content with making the play-off or do you want to win a Championship?

I don't think anyone is winning a championship for the next 4-7 years if GSW keeps it together.

It's the perfect storm of home grown talent and unselfish veterans.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am curious to see what happens, any change was good IMO, and he was going to walk anyway after another year, so yeah, get something, anything rather than delay the inevitable. I think this will be a trial year for CP3 in Houston, if it works, he will sign the big contract there, if not, him and LBJ are buddies that can go anywhere they want together, however, I really still don't see how that can play out, they both want to get paid still. If I was Lebron, I would still take Irving if you want to win championships. I guess that's how bad playing in Cleveland for that ownership is, if LBJ really wants out again already. Maybe Ballmer will work a deal out with LBJ where he gets a stake in the team, and that's how the dream scenario will play. Just spit ballin' here :D Its the only way the Clips could be an appealing destination.