WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

July 29th. - RDP members - "Beach Day!"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This isn't an event or anything.. but myself and some friends are going to Pirates for Breakfast leaving the north side of the channel around 9:00 am.

At around 11:00 we are gonna run over to my favorite beach which is just south of Topock.

The sand is extremely fine (like tropical beach sand) with no rocks. You can see there is a large sand bar that stretches south of it. you can walk your boat across that sandbar to a little protected area if you like, or just beach on the outside like I did here.

I call this place "RDP Beach Headquarters"
It has room for 70-80 boats I'd bet.

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

After that doing a little pool drinking at Topock before heading back to Havasu.

Any and all are welcome. If your gonna be out that weekend let me know by just responding to the thread and saying your going. I just want to know if I should have Pirates reserve a parking section for us or not.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Subscribed. :)

Can UCH float across the bar or is she stuck on the outer edge?

Brian

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If that's the beach I hung out w joker at it's nice but my drive keep bouncing off the sand while I was beached. Statarted a thread about anchors after that lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Subscribed. :)

Can UCH float across the bar or is she stuck on the outer edge?

Brian

You would have to dig a small channel to get it through.. lol. I'd just anchor is out on the outside if I was running a v drive. Or use two sand spikes instead of an anchor. Or better yet one anchor and a rope to someone else's stern with them having a sand spike on the beach.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
You would have to dig a small channel to get it through.. lol. I'd just anchor is out on the outside if I was running a v drive. Or use two sand spikes instead of an anchor. Or better yet one anchor and a rope to someone else's stern with them having a sand spike on the beach.

No sweat, yea UCH drafts some water all right. I have a couple spikes, anchors, and a slide anchor.

Good deal.

Are you bringing the whole crew?

Brian

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No sweat, yea UCH drafts some water all right. I have a couple spikes, anchors, and a slide anchor.

Good deal.

Are you bringing the whole crew?

Brian

Yes This would be a family deal Brian. The beach and "lagoon". Are perfect for the kids

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Definitely a possibility we will be around that weekend. If so we'll be there.

Nope, looks like I'll be picking the daughter up from the airport that weekend.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I let you in on a little secret...If you go the the south end of the sand bar and the water is up you can get into the lagoon fairly easily.

Capture2.jpg

never happy

Reaction score
We're in ...not sure if I can be at the channel by 9 but we'll meet you at pirates for sure!

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Why the hell not. Im trying to fit in as many trips this year anyways :drink

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Don't count on Deb and I for breakfast you know I roll into Havi super late Friday Night . The sandy beach sounds awesome :thumbsup . If I get up :yikes early enough might see you at Pirates and roll to the beach with you guys or just meet up at the beach ...... Either way we'll see ya ......

Lyn

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've hung out there w joker, like it except my drive was bouncing of the floor. Need a box anchor. Wanted to make it but we have a shotgun competition that weekend. My summer is actually jam packed w events. Not sue I can fit anything else in.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
not anymore... so much for a nice quiet place along the river

That beach has always been first come and is always packed during the summer...Oh thats right, you boat during the week days. :D

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
It isn't some secret beach throttle. Lol. Virtually everyone drives by it to go to Topock or pirates.

it will be a g:boobeyes:d spot for everyone to come and go :D

I will miss this one, maybe next time:D

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
We have our Trailer at Pirates in Spot L1 right now and we will be there that weekend. Also renting one of the cabins that weekend for the rest of my kids and grandkids. Count us in!

Look for us and come by for a beer and say Hi...

Elsinore.jpg

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
It isn't some secret beach throttle. Lol. Virtually everyone drives by it to go to Topock or pirates.

But I don't think most people recognize that it's a beach and keep going. I'm surprised how open it usually is, but that will now be a thing of the past. Thanks Dave.

cole_skier

Reaction score
Going to be on the river that weekend. We will come by.

dirtcrew

Reaction score
If that's the beach I hung out w joker at it's nice but my drive keep bouncing off the sand while I was beached. Statarted a thread about anchors after that lol

Yes this is the same beach Vic.

Riley1

Reaction score
OB with wife and child plan on being there. First day of our "Epic Sumer River Trip"

Singleton

Reaction score
Bump - after the 2 days I have worked already, looking forward to the weekend. Can't get to Havasu soon enough, see everyone Saturday.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Took the family/grand-kids there last Wed afternoon for my b-day.
There were a couple of other boats parked and the lagoon was pretty green with plants so that Chromium must be like miracle grow...:D