WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Build Custom 30 Eliminator Eagle

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Hi all,

First off, disclaimer: I am not the manufacturer, nor do I work for them. I asked Shueman if I could post some build photos and he gave me permission to do so.

So, see here for how this particular build got its start:

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/content.php?436-Eliminator-260-Wake-Edition

Simply put, the owner of the 260 Eagle wanted a bigger, badder, and faster version of the above. We set out to outdo the 260 Eagle.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Here's the concept art:

outerlimit-yellow.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Now to the good stuff:

Engine comes in (Teague Custom Marine 1200 Quad Rotor EFI), K-planes get mounted, Weismann #6 gimbal gets mounted

20170107_115720.jpg 20161019_162339.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Driver's helm gets gauges and other stuff. Note the Livorsi trim and drives indicator here gets swapped out for their LED version after we saw it at the LA Boat Show (not pictured here)

20161016_123819.jpg 20170107_115800.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Driver's Helm basically completed:

IMG_1404.jpg

Note the shifter is actually a digital shifter, not a cable shifter. Shifts like butter, but I'm sure some of that is owed to the transmission between the engine and the 6 drive. Also note the custom flooring can be seen here.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Now on to the tower. This boat was getting a hard top, rather than a Bimini, so the tower was custom designed to hold the hard top in the ideal spot:

IMG_1313.jpg IMG_8776.JPG IMG_8773.JPG IMG_8771.JPG

Something definitely desired was easy access to the watersports racks so they swivel like the modern wakeboard boats have them, also note that each rack holds a wakeboard on the bottom and a ski on the top, so this allows for skiers and boarders to go out together.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
And what good is a watersports boat without a gigantic swim step to put the ski or board on with plenty of room?

Note that this covers the 6 drive really well so no one drops into the water on top of the prop (drive here is in the trailer position, it drops like a foot at the propeller in the running position). The swim step got covered with the same material as the cabin flooring later.

IMG_1372.jpg

That stainless rub rail across the transom was also removed after this picture was taken since the swim step isn't meant to be removable.

The swim step got boarding ladders later. Two ladders were put on, one on each side, again, keeping people away from the 6 drive cleaver prop was a priority.

I should also note that trailer is a loaner, so don't freak out about the trailer.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Pretty bad ass to see what Eliminator can due and tie it all together.

I am slightly confused, did this boat start out as a 26' and was sectioned into something bigger?

shueman

Reaction score
Thanks DHR for putting this up ... pretty amazing what these fiberglass "artists" are capable of ... :thumbsup

Truly defines what a "custom boat" is ... everything constructed on this boat is a "one off" ... from the bulkheads to interior, all original, all hand-made ...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I love this boat! By the way the deck was sectioned and all is it safe to say the 30 ICC Eagle and standard deck are totally different boats? The ICC being longer and wider at least?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Pretty bad ass to see what Eliminator can due and tie it all together.

I am slightly confused, did this boat start out as a 26' and was sectioned into something bigger?

Hi there,

Sorry about that, I threw the article about the 26 Eagle in to show what the owner's previous boat looked like and so you could see the progression from that one to this one. This boat is a 30 out of the mold. It just looks similar to the previous boat (color wise).

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I love this boat! By the way the deck was sectioned and all is it safe to say the 30 ICC Eagle and standard deck are totally different boats? The ICC being longer and wider at least?

The deck normally used for this hull wasn't used here at all, instead the 30 non-ICC Eagle was substituted because the owner wanted something taller with more freeboard to it and larger internal space than the original deck would have afforded and also achieve the bowrider/walk through.

Because of that, the hull required some slight modifications. It is taller all the way from bow to stern out of the mold. Eliminator had to trim some height from the hull about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the way from the bow to match the curvature of the non-ICC deck that was used instead. That was it for the hull work other than getting the deck matched to its lines.

The deck required the most work. The hull (overall length) is a 30 and the deck was 30, it was about even length wise. However, the deck itself had sections taken out of it so the windshield area could be moved up to give more room in the cabin (about 2 feet as originally conceived). The bow sitting area was reduced slightly but still was about a foot bigger than the 260 Eagle bow seating area. The transom had a section to fill in the center. And because the non-ICC eagle is right side helm by default, the helm area on the right was removed so it could be left hand helm. Finally the nose of the hull/deck and the transom corners had to be blended together with glass and gelcoat.

In short, Eliminator glass and gelcoaters are the Beverly Hills plastic surgeons of the boat building business.

Hope this helps!

Edits for clarity...

Tank

Reaction score
Great thread. When do we get to see a CC version?!:thumbsup

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Pretty cool boat[emoji106]. Can't wait to see this in person.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Ok, back.

Here's some more photos of the build:

Here's a good look at the transom, you can see the underwater lights between the tabs and drive. Again, the trailer is a loaner.

IMG_1364.jpg

Here's the starting prop on this boat:

IMG_1319.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Some more interior shots, in progress (without the tower on it, or the windshield)

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Now these last ones were probably on Shueman's original thread but I'm posting them here again for a completion to the build...

These shots include the actual trailer with the boat. We managed to talk them into doing a front boarding ladder to save trying to get into the boat any other way, however they weren't able to polish it in time for delivery, which will be fixed later. The trailer is a "long haul" build with torsion axles, vault hubs, disc brakes (still surge actuated) and big load range E trailer tires on polished aluminum rims (no chrome!). Functionally it tows really well with no swaying or bouncing. My only gripes are we only got about half the stuff we asked for on the trailer due to time, but its a good foundation for adding to it later. Also, it's both hot-dip galvanized and powder coated, so it can go in the saltwater if needed (I'd still rinse it well and make sure the brakes get rinsed, but at least rusting is minimized).

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Now its time to send you back to Shueman's other thread about the boat on its way out to Havasu for its maiden voyage, I've got pics of the boat at Havasu for the first time which are pretty cool.

Feel free to ask build questions here, I'll answer them.

DHR

funkcity

Reaction score
Looks like the Outer Limits SV29 bottom.
Older #6 drive style and Weismann dry sump I suspect.
They should pull a mold off the new deck because this is a terrific boat!!
Even the hard top looks great!
It shouldn't be a one-off!
As it sits it should be in the Eliminator arsenal.
Well done gang!!

shueman

Reaction score
DHR might be running the boat in the Catalina Ski Race 8/12 ... looking forward to some running video of "The Beast" :thumbsup

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
2:42, Thats a long ski ride!

Dig the boat, great multi purpose machine!

Yes, however the skier we were towing was 77 years old. I doubt I can ski to Catalina and back when I'm that age. Also, we had a couple technical difficulties that probably cost us at least 20-25 minutes.

The best thing about the whole trip was the observer asking me if it was normally this smooth out, and when we got back we heard it was one of the roughest races for everyone else. I myself was marveling how well that bottom handled the ocean, it was unreal. That bottom is amazing in the ocean, but given its pedigree its really not surprising.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Yes, however the skier we were towing was 77 years old. I doubt I can ski to Catalina and back when I'm that age. Also, we had a couple technical difficulties that probably cost us at least 20-25 minutes.

The best thing about the whole trip was the observer asking me if it was normally this smooth out, and when we got back we heard it was one of the roughest races for everyone else. I myself was marveling how well that bottom handled the ocean, it was unreal. That bottom is amazing in the ocean, but given its pedigree its really not surprising.

That's awesome, both skier and boat!