WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

All Tooned Up! - THX Horizon Motorsports!

HavaToon

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the toon life.

This is the best BBQ setup I have found just need to fab some brackets.

Nexgrill from Costco and a 1 gallon/5lbs propane tank. IMG_4765.JPG IMG_4759.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So will the schiada be losing the back seat and getting an LS this winter? [emoji6][emoji1303]

Not losing a back seat... but yes now I will start working on the boat.

Congrats and welcome to the toon life.

This is the best BBQ setup I have found just need to fab some brackets.

Nexgrill from Costco and a 1 gallon/5lbs propane tank. View attachment 574151 View attachment 574150

Interested to see what bracket you make. I think I have mine kinda figured out just have to pick a grill.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Impellers are a breeze, and don't let it sit not running for more than 60 days, or the fuel pumps will act up . (Lucas fuel additive)

How about that "nano coating', for the whole boat ? Tubes, drive, seats, carpets, everything ..............

It's a lot of surface area to clean after use .

Had a toon (s) in the marina since 1986, and gave my slip to Paul Bruce when I finally had enough .

Clean, clean, clean, scrub, scrub, scrub .

Party on !
Thanks again George:thumbsup:thumbsup

cheezpanel

Reaction score
Congrats Dave...I'm a lower river guy, but have ventured out the last few months and am trying to set myself up for a few years down the road to relocate to your neck of the woods. Bought a big (for us) boat from Tim at MOM and also got rid of the TRex and hit Tim up for a Ranger. Andy schooled me on the pros of Havasu. Had to sell my truck and buy another one from Beach to pull the new boat. Hoping to get up to Havasu more to convince the wife this is where we wanna be. If you ever wanna venture down to the Yuma area you can use my place at HS. And I'll hit you guys up for some Havasu advice. Anyways, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going from a little go fast boat the the life of luxury. Again, congrats!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we had the pontoon out for the weekend and I would say we are in the getting to know each other phase. Lol.

Here's what I have learned so far. If you have a toon with the L shaped lounge in the back you are going to have a constant "ballast" problem on that side.

So naturally there's a big gap where the door is, so that's where we stuck the coolers.. we aren't using that door anyways. Then everyone sits down and there's more weight from people on that side because there is more seating.

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Day one I just kinda dealt with it..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I learned that these boats are surprisingly weight sensitive.. I wouldn't have guessed that.

First day we went down to the springs for dinner. I ended up burning just shy of a half a tank, there and back.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The next day we went down to the mcraftup up and same off kilter situation, but devious chris slid over from the corner of the L to sitting behind me and the boat became more level and we picked up three or four mph! Lol

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

By the end of the day there was 30 boats at the mcraftup that I counted.. it was awesome.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Day number three I decided to move the coolers to the walkway behind the drivers seat.

We took four adults and seven kids. Boat road flat and performed like the day I test drove it.. easy 40+ mph without being on kill.. cruising in the upper 30's, and tubing in the mid 20's.

I tubed the kids from Windsor to three dunes probably doubling the distance with all the zig zags and circles and going in and out of every single cove on the way there.

Then we tubed them all the way back! Doing the same routine we Burned about a quarter tank!

So lesson one is distribute the weight evenly and you will burn 30.00 worth of fuel instead of 70.00 worth of fuel for the same trip. Lol

[video=youtube_https;qHFwHc7NysQ]https://youtu.be/qHFwHc7NysQ[/video]

[video=youtube_https;1ChqHCfaU-M]https://youtu.be/1ChqHCfaU-M[/video]

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
That is a nice size group to have on the toon. One of the advantages of the I/O set up is having the torque so that you can carry that many people on board and not drop speed much at all. I know the OB's are weight sensitive and the more weight the MPH drop quick because they lack the torque like a big clock/small block.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

My friends Kids said they want to move to havasu. Lol. First time in a boat, first time tubing. They had more fun all weekend long then I think they have ever had.

RaceTec

Reaction score
That listing is the only issue I have with my pontoon too... If you get the big guys to sit in front of the driver then they block your view a little... I was thinking about making some small tabs for the back to see if that would work without that much drag?

HavaToon

Reaction score
It helps to distribute the stored items. Move all of the heavy items you can to the starboard side: anchors, ropes, ice chest, batteries, etc. Is you fuel tank in the center toon or in the far back port corner?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Congrats Dave...I'm a lower river guy, but have ventured out the last few months and am trying to set myself up for a few years down the road to relocate to your neck of the woods. Bought a big (for us) boat from Tim at MOM and also got rid of the TRex and hit Tim up for a Ranger. Andy schooled me on the pros of Havasu. Had to sell my truck and buy another one from Beach to pull the new boat. Hoping to get up to Havasu more to convince the wife this is where we wanna be. If you ever wanna venture down to the Yuma area you can use my place at HS. And I'll hit you guys up for some Havasu advice. Anyways, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going from a little go fast boat the the life of luxury. Again, congrats!

Let me know when you want to come up and check out Havi!

It helps to distribute the stored items. Move all of the heavy items you can to the starboard side: anchors, ropes, ice chest, batteries, etc. Is you fuel tank in the center toon or in the far back port corner?

The fuel fill is on the port side, and I would think the tank is in the center toon.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Let me know when you want to come up and check out Havi!

The fuel fill is on the port side, and I would think the tank is in the center toon.

My Crest has the fill on the port side with the tank in the center toon, my dads Suncatcher has port fill and port back corner gas tank on top of the deck. That combo along with his L shape rear seating really adds to the listing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok so the first thing I have to change is the tie up program. There is only a clear at the very front of the boat and at the very rear. If you tie to the aluminum railings there's little doubt it would rip them right off the deck of the boat.

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

So my plan is to do a quick pin cleat just behind the door, and same on the other side of the boat. There is an 1.250 space so a 3/8 quick pin clear with a 1 inch base should fit perfectly.

IMG_1928.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
I have two gas tanks. I one in each outer toon.
I fill both tanks from the passesnger side just like my truck which makes it nice. The good thing about a twin engine boat you can use both engines to balance the load with trim settings.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Really happy for you and Stacy, Dave. The pics of the kids say it all ,that boat is perfect for your needs right now, and we hope you have a blast with it.
Been out a couple times on ours but we are up to our ears in projects around here, it seems to never end. Quite literally moved a mountain, had Dawson''s Dad and Grandpa over here for a week with their Excavator, Backhoe, and Skid Steer, and we have really changed things, accomplished some stuff I have wanted to do for 30 years.

Have had three transfer loads of rock hauled in, graveling the new approach to the shop, roofing a new Gazebo, and building a giant RC track for my kids, grandkids and others...will post some pics of the track when it is done.

Busy summer so far, my back is killing me, but the end of my chores is in sight....for this year....LOL

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Looks like it will be a fun little party barge.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It already has a hose / wash down system in the back.. although I have to admit I don't know how to use it.. lol

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol... Nice set up Dave. Funny video with the kids on the Tube. Happens all the time in my boat from 3 dunes back to Thompson bay. Only let down is it burns a ton of fuel pulling the tube.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok so an update on a few things..

Bought the BBQ

IMG_2383.JPG

And yes it's a monster. Eric Barker laid out the "cradle". And brian over at Tank It is gonna fab it up. Then we are going to machine some collars and a support structure

Also ordered 10 LED cup holders in red from Livorsi yesterday

As well as ordered this shifter throttle

DC6BCA70-E25F-46E9-B3EB-BEC4C2418B8F.jpg

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Only 10 red cups? Looking forward to seeing how that BBQ looks mounted on the back. Should be way cool.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Only 10 red cups? Looking forward to seeing how that BBQ looks mounted on the back. Should be way cool.

As I'm sure you saw I ended up trading the toon in for the 27 Hallett. So now I have a big BBQ I don't need and an extra offshore throttle. I can put the cupholders to get use elsewhere.

RD

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
As I'm sure you saw I ended up trading the toon in for the 27 Hallett. So now I have a big BBQ I don't need and an extra offshore throttle. I can put the cupholders to get use elsewhere.

RD

I was wondering if you were going to be a multi multi boat family. Always liked the 27 from Hallet and think the performance small blocks are the way to go also. Would have liked to see how that big Q looked on the back too. Guess you can still hang out in this section because you did own a toon for a few days. :thumbsup