WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just tried Toon Sauce

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This stuff kicks ass!

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

Just sprayed and a quick wipe on the left side of pic.

It's amazing how easily it wipes off water spots with zero effort! I tried using hot sauce on the aluminum on the sides and you could see the rings where the water spots where, Toon Sauce wiped it right off. It's not harsh or abrasive like I thought it would be.

Honestly I am really REALLY impressed with this stuff!!

FYI don't put it on painted surfaces etc, it just streaked all over the place. What I did was spray the rag and wipe all the aluminum siding down on the sides of the boat and those little bars everywhere, Then I just sprayed hot sauce on the panels and wiped them down taking care of any overspray while I was at it.

This boat is huge and a pain in the ass to clean, thank god for this stuff! No shit!

RD

HavaToon

Reaction score
I'd like to try it on some water spot prone areas, but am worried it would harm the sharkhide finish I have on the toons. Do you know if it's safe or would remove the coating?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd like to try it on some water spot prone areas, but am worried it would harm the sharkhide finish I have on the toons. Do you know if it's safe or would remove the coating?

Honestly I think it would be fine. I have a bottle of it at the house if you want to try it out. It's not abrasive at all, and it reminds me of an interior detailer or something.. LOL It leaves that kinda residue on your hands. Stuff works bad ass.

RD

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Wd 40 works well on aluminum and stainless too.
Especially in salt water.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Wd 40 works well on aluminum and stainless too.
Especially in salt water.

What WD40 was originally designed for (not wiping toons lol) "Water Displacement formula 40". Interestingly enough, it kicks ass on vinyl interior to remove old dirt and scum. I had an upholstery guy tell me that years ago, saved me a ton and kept my original car, original. I just did a 66 LeSabre I bought with it too, the oil on your skin attracts dirt and over time it builds up. WD40 will break down the oil and grime and leave the old vinyl soft. spray on a rag, wipe on, let set a few seconds and wipe again, then buff with a clean dry cloth. Same for sunscreen stains in the boat. my wife seems to spray the kids down in the same place all the time, WD40 cuts it right off and leaves it like new.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What WD40 was originally designed for (not wiping toons lol) "Water Displacement formula 40". Interestingly enough, it kicks ass on vinyl interior to remove old dirt and scum. I had an upholstery guy tell me that years ago, saved me a ton and kept my original car, original. I just did a 66 LeSabre I bought with it too, the oil on your skin attracts dirt and over time it builds up. WD40 will break down the oil and grime and leave the old vinyl soft. spray on a rag, wipe on, let set a few seconds and wipe again, then buff with a clean dry cloth. Same for sunscreen stains in the boat. my wife seems to spray the kids down in the same place all the time, WD40 cuts it right off and leaves it like new.

Never tried it on vinyl before.. used it for a ton of other stuff.

underpressure

Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of toon sauce, gonna try it out this weekend...

riverroyal

Reaction score
No issues using it on shark coated stuff. It doesn't effect it all
Using it almost 2 years now on mine.
I use hot sauce on anything chrome or shiny.

If you use toon under the toons hold your breath when you spray!

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I like the toon sauce also for cleaning but have to wonder what it is doing to my lungs. It is pretty harsh with the odor mist and breathing around it.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Money... Those stains are on my to-do list for tomorrow. I'll give it a shot. Thank you:thumbsup

MrMayhem

Reaction score
No issues using it on shark coated stuff. It doesn't effect it all
Using it almost 2 years now on mine.
I use hot sauce on anything chrome or shiny.

Good to know. I tried Meguier's water spot remover on the shark hide. Didn't work very well at all.

warlock250

Reaction score
Yeah that WD-40 has lanolin and Fish oil in it and I have soaked vinyl interiors with it and it works good. Simple Green and water mix with a Magic eraser is the best on vinyl followed up with microfiber as you go. [emoji6]

Jmp

Reaction score
I wonder how this stuff would work on the raw aluminum lower drive units like my Imco sc's

Mrhavasu

Reaction score
Just bought some toon sauce and it works great. My water spots are not old though, not sure how it would do on old ones but did well
with not much effort on week old spots.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Just used for the first time. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

DonS

Reaction score
Okay, I read this thread and ordered some Toon Sauce. I have a new Avalon on order, but my Sun Tracker is stilled parked in the front yard, awaiting pick up. The bottle came in the mail while I was in the garage working. I walked out front, shook the heck out of the bottle and sprayed a small two foot area on the front of the Sun Tracker toon. I wiped it off and it smeared and looked like heck. I sprayed it again, a little heavier and wiped it again. It still didn't look that good, but I was doing it in direct sunlight. I was busy with another project, so I left it alone.

Any secrets. I also bought the hot sauce.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
FWIW,

I bought some end of last season and used it twice. I used it as a wipe down at the ramp. I have polished toons and it worked well. It left some (light) smearing, but I followed it up with quck detailer spray and the smears came right off. It took the water spots from the day off easily.
My experience, also worked well on the non polished aluminum on upper sides of the toon (spot removal).