WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

spa time for the boat

236eagledave

Reaction score
Your dirt bikes have got to be getting jealous of all the attention the boat is getting lately. [emoji23]

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Boat detail.jpg

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Stoker Boats but that looks like it would be very rewarding to detail. Lots of low hanging fruit to provide instant gratification, even with color sanding. Looks great so far.

I clicked through the photos and noticed the references to "ceramic coated" in an application to automotive paint. What does that mean? When I here "ceramic coated" I think of a baked on shiny finish on automotive exhaust parts, not a product liquid applied to automotive paint.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
thats not automotive paint. i used to think the same way with respect to coated exhaust parts. what this modern stuff is i really cant tell you. i'm no chemistry major. I can tell you that to see my gel coat on the back half of the boat in person was fuct. it has come a loooong way back. the ceramic stuff hasnt been applied yet. the guy that details my truck (different guy) tried to sell me on this coating thing and i said NO. Then i seen first hand how unbelievably good my friends boat came back to life and i took my boat to the same place the next day.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Wow, huge difference from before & after:thumbsup, what year?

C-2

Reaction score
Man that looks great, congrats :thumbsup

Enen

Reaction score
I'm curious to know more about the ceramic coating. I've heard hard water doesn't stick to it, so cleaning it after you pull out of the water is really easy. Also heard it makes the surfaces super slippery when your feet are wet.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Care to share what the cost is to do this? I would assume they detail it and then add the ceramic coating after? If you would rather pm that is fine but I am interested as well.

4Waters

Reaction score
Care to share what the cost is to do this? I would assume they detail it and then add the ceramic coating after? If you would rather pm that is fine but I am interested as well.

X2, I know the price will change from boat to boat but just want an idea.