WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finally pulled the trigger!!!

Holymoses

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls! I've been living and boating out of Vegas for a while. Thought I'd introduce myself now that I joined RDP:) I'm HolyMoses on the board but names Scott. Just picked up a Hallett340 so looking forward to meeting some new folks on the water. Well shoot I attempted to add photos of Wifey and toys but no luck! Will try to figure it out later.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus holy, [emoji6] [emoji106] [emoji202]
Sounds like a nice boat

Holymoses

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus holy, [emoji6] [emoji106] [emoji202]
Sounds like a nice boat
Thank you trying to attach pics this is my old boat and Wifey.

Attachments

• Baja Pic 4.jpg
    Baja Pic 4.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 179

Tank

Reaction score
Is that a 33 outlaw? It's on my short list for next boat. Great family boat. Why'd you get rid of it?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Very nice. And nice looking boat [emoji6] [emoji202]

Damn you beat me to it!!!
Well congrats and welcome to this swamp.
Let's see pics of new boat, with the old boat modeling for you 😜

Holymoses

Reaction score
Thanks Milkmoney:) They both work great when there running right

Tank it was a 36OL with HP500s. Don't know if you remember but my wife Emy and I launched by your place years ago with my friend Al and ran up the coast for Lunch. She road back in your Gun because we were in ALs 29OL and said she wouldn't get back in it:) Loved the 36OL but purchased a new home and the wife wanted a Pool like ASAP. This Hallett popped up with the right options so I pulled the trigger. wanted a Gun but overkill for Mead:)

Attachments

• IMG_6081.jpg
    IMG_6081.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6084.jpg
    IMG_6084.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 145

Runs2rch

Reaction score
That boat was clean when we looked at it a few years back.

Welcome to the Hallett family!!!

Holymoses

Reaction score
That boat was clean when we looked at it a few years back.

Welcome to the Hallett family!!!

Thank you. Yes it was defiantly cared for and garage kept most of its life. It's driving me nuts I haven't had the chance to run it on the water yet! But hey I bought my 36OL from the Great Lakes sight unseen:) Now that made me a little nervous but it was perfect.

Richard.E

Reaction score
My buddies dad owned that boat from 2012-2015 I remember wiring that stereo like it was yesterday. It will play all day long no issues.

I believe the outdrives both recently got rebuilt as well.

Tank

Reaction score
Tank it was a 36OL with HP500s. Don't know if you remember but my wife Emy and I launched by your place years ago with my friend Al and ran up the coast for Lunch. She road back in your Gun because we were in ALs 29OL and said she wouldn't get back in it:) Loved the 36OL but purchased a new home and the wife wanted a Pool like ASAP. This Hallett popped up with the right options so I pulled the trigger. wanted a Gun but overkill for Mead:)

WOW, blast from the past. I do remember that. Great looking Hallet. We sold the gun when our boys were really small and now that theyre 4 & 8 it's time to buy another boat. Don't want to buy another big truck to haul another Top Gun and want something that will still go offshore and tow a tube, so looking hard at 33 outlaws. But I've seen a couple Hallets pop up and they have peaked my interest. Do you have interior shots of your boat?

Hope things are well.

Tank

Holymoses

Reaction score
WOW, blast from the past. I do remember that. Great looking Hallet. We sold the gun when our boys were really small and now that theyre 4 & 8 it's time to buy another boat. Don't want to buy another big truck to haul another Top Gun and want something that will still go offshore and tow a tube, so looking hard at 33 outlaws. But I've seen a couple Hallets pop up and they have peaked my interest. Do you have interior shots of your boat?

Hope things are well.

Tank
I can honestly say my 36OL was a beautiful boat and handled very well but it's defiantly no Hallett. The fit and finish gel coat ect is just simply more elegant. The boat is rock solid and the design functionality is much better. Meaning eveything from the built in ice chest in the counter top to where the sink is placed, storage cabinets, nice size bath room with real toilet pumpout head Vberth is long and wide. It's has 3 vent windows on the deck, 1 above each couch and one right above your head while sleeping. And they are big windows so can look right out while open or if your my size 6'2" and ripped climb out on top😁

Attachments

• IMG_6090.jpg
    IMG_6090.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6091.jpg
    IMG_6091.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 138

Holymoses

Reaction score
I can honestly say my 36OL was a beautiful boat and handled very well but it's defiantly no Hallett. The fit and finish gel coat ect is just simply more elegant. The boat is rock solid and the design functionality is much better. Meaning eveything from the built in ice chest in the counter top to where the sink is placed, storage cabinets, nice size bath room with real toilet pumpout head Vberth is long and wide. It's has 3 vent windows on the deck, 1 above each couch and one right above your head while sleeping. And they are big windows so can look right out while open or if your my size 6'2" and ripped climb out on top
. Tank I loved your TG and had one picked out but being on Mead 90% of the time made zero sense. I think I found a great alternative and might try and run the Scope poker run in Sept. So you know you can jump on board and see how she handles.

Holymoses

Reaction score
My buddies dad owned that boat from 2012-2015 I remember wiring that stereo like it was yesterday. It will play all day long no issues.

I believe the outdrives both recently got rebuilt as well.
thanks for sharing Richard. As clean as the boat is I really would like to find all the history. It's seems like there were 3 owners prior to me and everyone cared for the boat. Theres really no blemishes in the Gel or damage that can be found anywhere. Motors are spotless Bildge is spotless ect. How many amps are behind the Helm? I know for speakers it's only running 6Mephis 6.5 and 4Mephis 12s. Does that sound about right?. Sounds awesome by the way👍

Tank

Reaction score
. Tank I loved your TG and had one picked out but being on Mead 90% of the time made zero sense. I think I found a great alternative and might try and run the Scope poker run in Sept. So you know you can jump on board and see how she handles.

Yea, I hear you, totally get the Hallet vs Baja comparison (there is no comparison). Hallet is a true custom built boat. Baja is more of a production boat. And yes, I loved the Top Gun(s) too but like I said, I want a very usable cabin (head, sink, microwave, lounge, fridge / cooler). The newer guns have a crappy cabin. The older guns are more than I need, so looking for a 33ish boat. You picked well ;):thumbsup Gotta go with needs.

Thanks for the invite, that is a beautiful boat. Congrats! :thumbsup:thumbsup

By the way, where are you guys living out that way? Hit Mead for the first time ever a couple years ago and freakin LOVED IT!! Kelly (my wife if you remember) has family in boulder. We'll be getting a new boat after the first of the year and that will be one of the first trips, back out that way.

Holymoses

Reaction score
Yea, I hear you, totally get the Hallet vs Baja comparison (there is no comparison). Hallet is a true custom built boat. Baja is more of a production boat. And yes, I loved the Top Gun(s) too but like I said, I want a very usable cabin (head, sink, microwave, lounge, fridge / cooler). The newer guns have a crappy cabin. The older guns are more than I need, so looking for a 33ish boat. You picked well ;):thumbsup Gotta go with needs.

Thanks for the invite, that is a beautiful boat. Congrats! :thumbsup:thumbsup

By the way, where are you guys living out that way? Hit Mead for the first time ever a couple years ago and freakin LOVED IT!! Kelly (my wife if you remember) has family in boulder. We'll be getting a new boat after the first of the year and that will be one of the first trips, back out that way.

Yea the Guns are not very accommodating in that area. We live on the South end of town very close to the M Resort right when your entering town. About 20 min from my House to Boulder City less than 30min to being on the water😁 Defiantly let me know anytime you guys come up and I'll have the boat ready to go!

Tank

Reaction score
Yea the Guns are not very accommodating in that area. We live on the South end of town very close to the M Resort right when your entering town. About 20 min from my House to Boulder City less than 30min to being on the water[emoji16] Defiantly let me know anytime you guys come up and I'll have the boat ready to go!

Will do! Keep posting up pics around here! [emoji106][emoji106]