WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of Disney, Happy 62nd Bday

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Just a couple pics from Monday's Birthday Celebration moment. The crazy thing is, I never thought years ago that I would have been there for the past 34 of them. It's been a fun journey!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 18
  • FullSizeRender[2].jpg
    FullSizeRender[2].jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 24
  • FullSizeRender[3].jpg
    FullSizeRender[3].jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 21
  • FullSizeRender[4].jpg
    FullSizeRender[4].jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2909.JPG
    IMG_2909.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 16

Scott E

Reaction score
Katie said she was in awe on Monday to think she has been there 5 years now, not 34, but definitely a highlight for her so far.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My project manager was telling me something about a remodel on the Disneyland side. Hoping I end up there for a while.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
My project manager was telling me something about a remodel on the Disneyland side. Hoping I end up there for a while.

I had a friend that worked on the original building of Disney World in Orlando. Said it was one of the coolest experiences he ever had....;)

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My daughter Ashley was there working a "Guest management" shift that day.
She usually works at Space Mtn or Star Tours.

I have a feeling she will be a lifetime Disney employee.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Thats Awesome ... Ive told a couple of people that I indirectly know the Conductor of the D.L. Band.:thumbsup

Yellowboat

Reaction score

I was on one 12 years ago. the security we had too go thru made the security we had to go thru at the nuke plant look like rent a cop.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Katie said she was in awe on Monday to think she has been there 5 years now, not 34, but definitely a highlight for her so far.

That's cool Scott. The crowd in Town Square was huge!!

Music to my Ears

Reaction score

I'm hearing a couple rumors. I'm sure with the quality work you did in DCA, you'll be back on a future project. [emoji106]

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
My daughter Ashley was there working a "Guest management" shift that day.
She usually works at Space Mtn or Star Tours.

I have a feeling she will be a lifetime Disney employee.

Very cool! Ask her if she's aware of the Emerging Leaders program. There's a lot of growth potential for her, especially if she goes through that program.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thats Awesome ... Ive told a couple of people that I indirectly know the Conductor of the D.L. Band.:thumbsup

That's funny, I always tell people I know the infamous AJ![emoji4]

I'm serious about staying at your place this fall. I'm supposed to work with the Army bands in West Virginia in October or November and then I want to fly down afterwards. Just waiting for the dates!

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
That's funny, I always tell people I know the infamous AJ![emoji4]

:skull:eek:yikes:drink:champagne::D:D...LOL

I'm serious about staying at your place this fall. I'm supposed to work with the Army bands in West Virginia in October or November and then I want to fly down afterwards. Just waiting for the dates!

Just let me know dates and we can get something figured out.:thumbsup

milkmoney

Reaction score
That is very cool , for me not being musically talented at all, I think pretty highly of you and your job, through the pics and stories you share on here,

I got one? Is it as fun to work there as u seem to show???
[emoji106] [emoji202]

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
That is very cool , for me not being musically talented at all, I think pretty highly of you and your job, through the pics and stories you share on here,

[emoji106] [emoji202]

Thanks! It really has been a fun ride, and as more opportunities have come my way to lead groups and clinic young musicians, it's become even more rewarding. Hanging with talented and creative people is another plus. But just like most of us, it still is a job so I try and always find ways to challenge myself and the musicians/entertainers I work with. It's definitely been fun being part of some amazing shows over the years!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thanks! It really has been a fun ride, and as more opportunities have come my way to lead groups and clinic young musicians, it's become even more rewarding. Hanging with talented and creative people is another plus. But just like most of us, it still is a job so I try and always find ways to challenge myself and the musicians/entertainers I work with. It's definitely been fun being part of some amazing shows over the years!
Thank you for Sharing, I wish we could of made it out to my oldest step daughter to be able to met you, for some fun and encouraging words to her before she heads off to OSU next month for the marching band.
She has some music already that she has to learn before arriving 2 week early for school ( Aug 12th)
[emoji106] [emoji202]

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thank you for Sharing, I wish we could of made it out to my oldest step daughter to be able to met you, for some fun and encouraging words to her before she heads off to OSU next month for the marching band.
She has some music already that she has to learn before arriving 2 week early for school ( Aug 12th)
[emoji106] [emoji202]

Maybe down the road at some point[emoji106]
Good for her. I wish her well. Always great to see people excited about the arts!

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
[emoji106] [emoji202]

Oklahoma or Ohio State..???

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score

[emoji106] [emoji202]

Do you have any talent? :skull

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When Disneyland had a special event or opened a new ride they'd issue a commemorating ticket.
I used to collect them. Legit tickets that will get you in the park.
IMG_1651.jpg
IMG_1652.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My mom worked for the studio since the mid '30's.
When the studio was in Glendale, they often ate at the Tam O'Shanter restaurant just down the street.
Still there, nothings changed. We still eat there.
The Disney history and character is baked into the place.

o.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

I have heard some bad things about who is running those jobs. :grumble: We had a foreman that left our company to go work on that project. :eek