WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Traveling to Mexico

Jmp

Reaction score
So I have a bachelor party for my buddy down in San Felipe. I slacked and didn't get a passport.. we are traveling by car. Do you have to have a passport to get back into the states or is there some other documents, i.e social security card, birth certificate, that I can use in place?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
you need it. at least if you don't want to spend hours waiting around for them decide if they want too let you back in.

Reactions: Jmp

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Google is your friend....:skull

Yes, you're going to want a passport. You can get an expedited one for a higher fee.....

Wadernation

Reaction score
i went to san felipe 2 years ago and my buddy riding with us only had his SS card and ID. They never asked for a passport.

Jmp

Reaction score
Google is your friend....:skull

Yes, you're going to want a passport. You can get an expedited one for a higher fee.....

I googled it and its vague. From what I've seen it is required for air travel.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
You can go to the federal building in LA and get it same day for a higher fee

dave29

Reaction score
i went to san felipe 2 years ago and my buddy riding with us only had his SS card and ID. They never asked for a passport.

And all these years I've been told not to give out my Social Security number to anyone.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
A passport is not required to enter the US, but you may need one to enter Mexico, depending on your nationality. ... Travel by land or sea: As of June 2009, US citizens entering the United States by land or sea are required to present a passport or other WHTI compliant travel document such as a passport card.Apr 5, 2017.

Citizens of the United States or Canada who are planning a trip to Mexico will need to carry either a passport or other WHTI-compliant travel document. A passport is necessary for absolutely everyone entering Mexico by air. Travelers entering Mexico by land may not be asked to present a passport, but will certainly need to present one upon return to the United States or Canada, so be sure you have it with you before crossing the border, or you could face some hassles when it's time to return home.

Here a couple of things I found when searching...hope this helps.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If you don't have one coming back in the US , there's a good chance you will be detained for a while for " enhanced " screening ...it's not fun . Get a passport .

Cibolasam

Reaction score
You're fine I live 17 miles from the border and travel regularly and for years I didn't have my passport, when they ask you for it just say it was a last minute trip and you're very sorry you don't have one they might hassle you but they won't keep you unless you smart off. Mea Culpa is always the best approach because a lot of Customs Officers have to work 16 hour shifts and they're not really humorous people.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The better option is to just stay out of Mexico........

Ignoring what our honest mainstream media :rolleyes wants you to believe, Mexico is by most definitions in a full blown drug fueled civil war.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Look into it. They have a passport card there like $35 but there only good for traveling by land or sea as soon as you take flight you'll need the book $150ish but i believe birth certificate can also work if you enter and exit at same place?

Wayn-o

Reaction score
You can always try the swap meet or Craigs List for travel docs!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The fed building passport is a myth. You still need an appointment. You can expidite by paying a fee but its still a week or two, dont remember exactly. I got the drive o r boat in one and it took a while and extra money for the expidite. Plan on several weeks at best.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I just came back the 13th, was down for five days at Bay Of Los Angeles. Just drivers license for me, passport for other two guys and no problem. Same thing last year, I was driving the other guys truck and no questions asked, Mexicali both times. Flying to Cabo in October so I have to get a passport for that.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
I just came back the 13th, was down for five days at Bay Of Los Angeles. Just drivers license for me, passport for other two guys and no problem. Same thing last year, I was driving the other guys truck and no questions asked, Mexicali both times. Flying to Cabo in October so I have to get a passport for that.
This!
I had the same issue last Oct. Took my exp. passport, DL, and Birth Cert. just in case. The customs looked at my passport and no issues.

Jmp

Reaction score

So you think I'll be fine with a drivers license and a birth certificate?

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
So you think I'll be fine with a drivers license and a birth certificate?

I only had a drivers license last week and last year, last year I was asked to lift my sun glasses, this year I was asked country of citizenship and where I was born.
Wasn't told I needed anything else either time.