WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need an air conditioning repair guy in Westlake Village

relaxalot

Reaction score
Looking for a AC recharge for two houses in Westlake Village. Anyone know a guy?

Thanks,

Dan

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Contact Kerry (661) 713-3208
He's the big guy with the Howard deckboat.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I just spent $600 for AC repair up here, new capacitor, new compressor hot start, added refrigerant, and a couple other things.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Call Tassio Temp Control- https://tassiotemp.com/

Ask for Bill, he is a good friend and they do great work. He is super busy right now as I am sure many others are.

HitIt

Reaction score
Because that's all everyone needs. .....The freon tank must be low. [emoji6]

Slight thread jack... I know that the freon loop is closed so this could be a stupid question but will a system that doesn't have any leaks in the copper ever need to be recharged? I guess another way of asking is... If a system, even an older 20 years old system, needs a few pounds of freon is that always indicative of problem?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Slight thread jack... I know that the freon loop is closed so this could be a stupid question but will a system that doesn't have any leaks in the copper ever need to be recharged? I guess another way of asking is... If a system, even an older 20 years old system, needs a few pounds of freon is that always indicative of problem?

You will lose a couple ounces during service but other than that there's nowhere for the stuff to go unless it's leaking. It's not a consumable item

HitIt

Reaction score
It's not a consumable item

Thanks, I understand it isn't a consumable but wasn't sure if the compressors (like blow by if it is a piston based compressor... Is it?) or some other thing I don't know about leak slightly over time.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand it isn't a consumable but wasn't sure if the compressors (like blow by if it is a piston based compressor... Is it?) or some other thing I don't know about leak slightly over time.

Residential is mostly scroll compressors so if it's properly done and taken care of refrigerant charge should be minimal over the years.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Residential is mostly scroll compressors so if it's properly done and taken care of refrigerant charge should be minimal over the years.

So what needs to be "taken care of"???

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
So what needs to be "taken care of"???

Speaking in very broad terms.....

If a system is designed, sized and installed properly. And everything is tightly sealed there should be nothing needed for close to 10 years. Now that perfect scenario is almost impossible and you have numerous caps and fitting on a residential system. So checking the system once a year is advised. The key to keeping a system running efficiently and for a long time is to catch small issues before they become big issues. [emoji6]

For example a loose refrigerant cap will slowly seep out refrigerant. Over time you will not only lose efficiency and performance. You will eventually have a case where the compressor is operating in a manner that will cause damage.

You have a capacitor that is getting weak. Causing the motor to run harder this small pet will eventually damage the motor to the point it requires replacement.

Dirty coils, clogged filters wreak havoc on the system. And severely hinder performance and capacity. Also can be damaging to the compressor in extreme situations.

These are the most common issues we come across where maintenance items resulted in very large repairs.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Dirty coils, clogged filters wreak havoc on the system. And severely hinder performance and capacity. Also can be damaging to the compressor in extreme situations.

Carry in havasu just found this problem on mine today. I hope it works better. Last weekend it was 119 outside and house was 85.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Speaking in very broad terms.....

If a system is designed, sized and installed properly. And everything is tightly sealed there should be nothing needed for close to 10 years. Now that perfect scenario is almost impossible and you have numerous caps and fitting on a residential system. So checking the system once a year is advised. The key to keeping a system running efficiently and for a long time is to catch small issues before they become big issues. [emoji6]

For example a loose refrigerant cap will slowly seep out refrigerant. Over time you will not only lose efficiency and performance. You will eventually have a case where the compressor is operating in a manner that will cause damage.

You have a capacitor that is getting weak. Causing the motor to run harder this small pet will eventually damage the motor to the point it requires replacement.

These are the most common issues we come across where maintenance items resulted in very large repairs.

Thanks, Our system is 2 years old and I've changed the filters out so I guess I'll get in touch with our AC guy and see about a tune-up before the heat hits next year. Thanks again.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Call us: Kahn Air Conditioning Inc. Northridge, we are in Westlake Village all the time
818-886-2600 www.kahnair.com