WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Senator McCain

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
We now know why he was so out of it at the Comey hearings.

underpressure

Reaction score
Hopefully he retires and Gov Ducey can appoint a conservative replacement...

But, the man has served his country and deserves some respect and acknowledgement for that. Hope that he recovers and (hopefully) enjoys his retirement...

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully he retires and Gov Ducey can appoint a conservative replacement...

But, the man has served his country and deserves some respect and acknowledgement for that. Hope that he recovers and (hopefully) enjoys his retirement...

I agree, McCain should retire and let Ducey appoint someone sooner than later.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Fuck him!

That motherfucker is responsible for more civilian deaths than you can imagine! How he sleeps at night is beyond me.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I don't think the AZ constitution allows for the appointment of senators or congressmen. Anyone know for sure?

My money is in Mark Gifford's (Kelly), he's been angling for an elected seat for a while.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I would like hear a few more details of who, when, where pretaining to the civilian deaths.

He's a puppet of the war machine and pushes their perpetual conflict agenda, see Iraq and Syria.

Sandlord

Reaction score
If Ducey gets to pick, he might put Ward in there to finish out the term.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
But you still voted for him for POTUS. ;)

Actually I didn't. It wasn't because I knew about him at the time, it was because I was dodging jury duty. Cocksuckers use the voter rolls for jury duty, so I didn't vote for 10 or so years.

Now I just trash the summons and threats those ass wipes send. :D

Meaney77

Reaction score
Sad deal for sure but I have to ask- The guy is 80 years old, he has had a good life. But with this form of brain cancer, is it worth treating? Or do you just live your life and enjoy what time you might have left?

Me- Live life, no treatment. Once it gets to bad to deal with head to Oregon and take the pill.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
So now we know who to thank for Obama :eek

Didn't matter, Bush F'd anyone who would have ran against the muzzle lover and plus, I'm from Tardifornia. I finally started again for the local and state elections. Still doesn't seem to matter in the shithole!! :thumbsdown

530RL

Reaction score
The Arizona constitution states that the governor can pick anyone from the same party to serve out the term up into the next statewide election to include the governor himself. If the governor appointed himself, the SOS would serve out his term as governor.

Ted Kennedy had the same cancer and served until his death, fifteen months.

I think cancer is going to have a pretty big fight with McCain. Cancer is nothing compared to six years as a POW.

Fuck Cancer.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
He's a goner.
No one survives it.
It's a fast spreading type and it's metastasized.
The chemo may help him live a little longer.

Never trusted him since the Lincoln Savings scandal.
He married a Lincoln Savings partner BTW.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
The Arizona constitution states that the governor can pick anyone from the same party to serve out the term to include the governor himself. If the governor appointed himself, the SOS would serve out his term as governor.

Ted Kennedy had the same cancer and served until his death, fifteen months.

I think cancer is going to have a pretty big fight with McCain. Cancer is nothing compared to six years as a POW.

Fuck Cancer.

GPAU! [emoji106]

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Sad deal for sure but I have to ask- The guy is 80 years old, he has had a good life. But with this form of brain cancer, is it worth treating? Or do you just live your life and enjoy what time you might have left?

Me- Live life, no treatment. Once it gets to bad to deal with head to Oregon and take the pill.

You might think differently when you're 80 years old.[emoji6]

Enen

Reaction score
I lost my mother to this type of brain cancer. My sympathy for the McCain family.
I agree with TPC, fighting this fight at 80, odds are not in Senator McCains favor.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Sad to hear this. Whether you agree with him or not, his dedication and commitment to this country is a true testament to what we all like to think the American dream is all about.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

I know what Deb went through with metastatic Breast cancer on her brain last year at 54 years old. And although she had about 40% involvement, it wasn't true brain cancer.
The treatments themselves are deadly at 80 YO.

I wish him the best possible, most pain free future that he can manage.

Fuck cancer.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
How long before Trump steps on his own dick and tweets that only weak people get brain cancer?:rolleyes

530RL

Reaction score
You might think differently when you're 80 years old.[emoji6]

Exactly.

Something to lighten this thread up.

Every Thursday my brothers and I go to Durant's for dinner with my dad. Same table for over twenty years, every Thursday even if only one of us is in town, someone goes.

So one day a year ago or so a very attractive lady goes walking by and the three of us "young" guys say "wow, for her 60's she is smoking hot". Dad at 78 looks at us and says........

She looks pretty young and hot to me, I'm in....... :D

Age is relative, I would certainly fight it at 80 and I hope McCain does also.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Was that really necessary?[emoji849]

You're talking about this right?
[video=youtube;tSxwR9kCbZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSxwR9kCbZ0[/video]

rrrr

Reaction score

Glioblastoma brain tumors are very aggressive, and they cannot be removed surgically. The prefix "glio" is rooted in the Latin word for glue. The tumor grows dendrites that work their way into the crevasses of the brain, making it impossible to get at it without destroying brain tissue. Radiation therapy options are limited, due to the possibility of significant brain damage.

Cure rates for glioblastoma tumors are practically nil. McCain's tumor is located in the frontal lobe of the brain, which controls cognitive function.

I'm sure you can deduce the probable outcome from the above.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. Whether you agree with him or not, his dedication and commitment to this country is a true testament to what we all like to think the American dream is all about.

He sure as hell came thru for Lake Havasu City and performance boats last year.Thanks John,give it hell.:thumbsup

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
How long before Trump steps on his own dick and tweets that only weak people get brain cancer?:rolleyes

No matter how tacky Trump can be, unlike you he knows when to just STFU in situations like this......Mayb it's because he has a dick to step on unlike yourself

Old Texan

Reaction score
McCain is a great American. His politics are his and turn off many of us who view him as creating too many insider cliches that work towards bigger government.

But he has given himself to serving his nation and that can never be taken from him by friend or foe.

I don't see this disease as giving him a chance to continue and hope he can fight it, but would rather see him resign with dignity while still able and think of himself and his family.

Thanks for your service Mr. McCain. Salute

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Skimming Twitter...McCain seems to be as much admired and supported by Dems as R's and I's.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Skimming Twitter...McCain seems to be as much admired and supported by Dems as R's and I's.

Well of course they are all fawning over him now, he's got CANCER....they all want to look good in the public eye....

I salute his service.

Not the way I wanted to see him leave office, cancer sucks.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Well of course they are all fawning over him now, he's got CANCER....they all want to look good in the public eye....

I salute his service.

Not the way I wanted to see him leave office, cancer sucks.

I respectfully disagree, I've seen time after time politicians from opposing political factions praise him.
I've also seen him stand up to his own party which is probably where my deepest respect is rooted in McCain. Had he been D or I, I would have the same if not more respect for him for being able to separate the pressure of the party over what is best for the country overall.

Sandlord

Reaction score

Yup

McCain Least Popular Senator in Country

-PPP's newest Arizona poll finds that John McCain is unpopular with Republicans, Democrats, and independents alike and has now become the least popular Senator in the country. Only 30% of Arizonans approve of the job McCain is doing to 54% who disapprove. There isn't much variability in his numbers by party- he's at 35/55 with Republicans, 29/53 with Democrats, and 25/55 with independents, suggesting he could be vulnerable to challenges in both the primary and general elections the next time he's up.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Yup

McCain Least Popular Senator in Country

There will be no next time up. His run is certainly ended by this horrible disease.

I have disagreed with so much of what he has done. But under these circumstances I plan to let all that go and give him the respect he deserves at this point in time when his politics no longer matter. I hope he survives as long as comfortably possible and thoughts go towards his family.:thumbsup