WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Monterey Auto Week 2017

DaBank

Reaction score
Anyone going next month? Was thinking about going for a couple days. I what to go to the Werks Reunion Monterey and a couple of other event's.

charlyox

Reaction score
I might be going up there for that. The granddaughter is going to school in Monterey and we moved her out of her dorm last May. She is supposed to go back that weekend but she is thinking of going to school somewhere else.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I thought about going. Havent been to pebble for 7 years. Checked pric3s. 375 to get on the lawn.:yikes. But its fun to just hang out in Carmel. And do the pre lawn stuff. But they moved retro auto to the Spanish in. Still thinking about it.

boatpi

Reaction score
Not gonna make it this year but next year is on our calendar, Comcorso Italiano.

DaBank

Reaction score
Looks like I took to long to book this trip. I am now thinking about getting a hotel a hour or so out from the event and just making the drive in for the day. I will be coming from So. California any suggestions where to stay and maybe stops on the way there ?

530RL

Reaction score
A dump hotel is 500 a night. crazy.

We are going over on Thursday and coming back Sunday. We'll go to two of the auctions, out to the races and to the lawn.

Forget flying over unless you got a plane. Flights are packed and crazy expensive.

There are a ton of events to attend, something for everyone, but you have to plan at least a year in advance if you want to have a reasonable room and a reasonable dinner reservation at an unreasonable price.

If you can drive for the day and don't mind fast food, no problem with two weeks to go. :D

P.S. The best event to see a ton of cool stuff is the McCall Motorworks Revival on Wednesday night which benefits the 11-99 Foundation.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Looks like I took to long to book this trip. I am now thinking about getting a hotel a hour or so out from the event and just making the drive in for the day. I will be coming from So. California any suggestions where to stay and maybe stops on the way there ?

You can try Salinas but even that shit hole gets booked up.

DaBank

Reaction score
You can try Salinas but even that shit hole gets booked up.

So the event I want to go to is in Salinas. Where in Salinas is it worth staying or even a hour or so away? I am coming from So Cal and would leave the day before and get a room and drive in the next morning. Is there anything to see on the way there or on the way back since I would get a room also on the way home.

http://werksreunion.com/monterey.cfm

DaBank

Reaction score
So I am flying into San Jose in the morning and going to the Werks Reuion tomorrow. Going to stay the night in Morgan Hill and I am thinking about checking out the Winchester house before I fly home Saturday. Anyway else worth checking out in San Jose?

charlyox

Reaction score
All the exotics will be on display at cannery row this afternoon starting at 3:00.

sirbob

Reaction score
For those of us that will not be there this year, you can check out Road and Track YouTube channel at 2 pm on Sunday.

Last year I came across the feed and they do a great live show from the field of the Pebble Beach Concour / lots of interviews and stories from the weekend.

I live stream it on my tv

sirbob

Reaction score
For those of us that will not be there this year, you can check out Road and Track YouTube channel at 2 pm on Sunday.

Last year I came across the feed and they do a great live show from the field of the Pebble Beach Concour / lots of interviews and stories from the weekend.

I live stream it on my tv

Edit - it's motor trend tv - not road and track.

Sorry for the misdirection.

[video=youtube_https;MT5htLfy4W4]https://youtu.be/MT5htLfy4W4[/video]