WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

14 ply commercial steel trailer tires

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
IMG_1660.jpg
Had Two Blowouts in route to Marysvale Utah.

Others in our group experiencing the same switched to 14 ply, H load rating commercials: Big improvement. The cure In their opinions.
IMG_1662.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
These tires ya check them out off the rack next to your standard trailer tire. Brutally thick and heavy duty compared to your standard trailer tire. Toy haulers are really tough on tires.
They don't dry out out like regular trailer tires either.

16" Goodyears $320 ea. . Generics $275 ea.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just got a second set from Simpletires.com. $550 after shipping 14 ply G rated. Went with Samson. I have several 12 ply Hercules that have gone bad and one blow out on one that was 6 months old.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Im rolling with 14 ply steel H rated Goodyears from the Yokahama shop..

thmterry

Reaction score
The only problem with those tires is they have no give when cruising down the road. This can transfer all the road impact to the inside of trailer. Which over time can make the cabinets, lights and other fixtures to come loose. Just keep an eye on things, also keep an eye on your axle hangers.

Toy haulers are a bitch they build them to try and keep the weight down but that tends to create other problems.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm with a group that two guys are running them in similar 18K toy haulers 2 years and 5 years respectively and they have had no issues what so ever.
We're all tired of having our fenders blown off.
I walked around camp and a few others have them and say get them and don't look back.

These pigs are so heavy those tires will flex and bounce plenty.
Your standard 5 plys just can't do it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I am running them on dump trailers and my equipment trailer so not worried about tearing off fender. If it was toyhauler I would get the better G rated which are 3-500 a tire. Nails from the dump kill them way before the tread wears out so chinese 14 ply work well.

I bought them after reading a review on Glamis Dunes. The guy has a big ass toyhauler like yours.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
So this adventure was a real education.
Hold the thought that there is a high profile 235 85 16 fourteen steel belt trailer tire.
And the same spex but a low profile 85.

A BFD to know.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i bought a set of those while traveling through beaver utah. I've had thousands of issue free miles since.:thumbsup

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I went through multiple sets of junk trailer tires on my 21,000 lb 5th wheel.
Made Discount Tire buy each set back as I continuosly had blowouts.
Switched to Michelin XPS Ribs and they are fantastic.
I put them on my Formula trailer as well.
Expensive tires but I am f'ing DONE with cheap Chinese crap trailer tires.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I went through multiple sets of junk trailer tires on my 21,000 lb 5th wheel.
Made Discount Tire buy each set back as I continuosly had blowouts.
Switched to Michelin XPS Ribs and they are fantastic.
I put them on my Formula trailer as well.
Expensive tires but I am f'ing DONE with cheap Chinese crap trailer tires.
21k ? [emoji44][emoji44]

yz450mm

Reaction score
It's getting easier to do every day. Some of the new trailers are massive pigs.
Yeah I hear ya, that's the reason I picked the one I just did. I've been looking for a while, and when this one popped up with an unloaded weight of 13.5k, three slides, and 39 feet long, I jumped on it. Love it so far, and tows like a dream behind the new Duramax.

Oops, file too big to attach... [emoji53]

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Bridgestone Duravis R250 is another great highway rib tire for a heavy trailer. Similar specs as XP Ribs but a bit less pricey [emoji106]

Lots of good reviews from internet RV nerds.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Check out the Sailun s637 tires. I've got them on a car hauler with triple 6k axles. Towed from FL to CA and back loaded, not a single problem. Great reviews from guys who were constantly blowing out tires.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Check out the Sailun s637 tires. I've got them on a car hauler with triple 6k axles. Towed from FL to CA and back loaded, not a single problem. Great reviews from guys who were constantly blowing out tires.
Yup I went with these after seeing all the positive reviews (G rated) and being quoted almost $300 a tire for the Goodyears!!! I bought 5 for $750 delivered and paid Discount $80 to install them. I have had zero issues with the tires. They are very stout and we now have over 4K miles on them and getting ready to head to San Clemente in the morning.

I highly recommend the Sailun tires for heavy trailers and would buy another set tomorrow if I needed tires.