WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tunnel history

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Holymoly!!! Chicago of all places !!!!
I do not know much about the tunnel hulls, but there was a guy (Moris Williams) in the San Diego area that had one with a blown bbc in it. I think it was sold off after he passed away. I will ask around the Campbell tribe to see what they say about power and handling. Pure speculation on my part, but I thought I heard talk that this was the hull that Campbell used for racing back in the day??

We are currently in the process of updating the Campbell Boat Owners website and we might be able to find some info on it.

The blue boat is interesting because it looks like the motor is moved forward significantly compared to other Campbell boats of that size.
rb

guest hs

Reaction score
Sure doesn't look very efficient to me with that prop up in the tunnel!

santos4racing

Reaction score
Holymoly!!! Chicago of all places !!!!
I do not know much about the tunnel hulls, but there was a guy (Moris Williams) in the San Diego area that had one with a blown bbc in it. I think it was sold off after he passed away. I will ask around the Campbell tribe to see what they say about power and handling. Pure speculation on my part, but I thought I heard talk that this was the hull that Campbell used for racing back in the day??

We are currently in the process of updating the Campbell Boat Owners website and we might be able to find some info on it.

The blue boat is interesting because it looks like the motor is moved forward significantly compared to other Campbell boats of that size.
rb

Sorry to hear Morris passed away> We built him a couple struts/rudder/fins for his fleet> didn't he have a couple of the Dan Blocker (Bonanza) boats?

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Sorry to thread jack, but Morris did have "Lady in Cement" the 40 foot wood Campbell that Dan Blocker owned. The story as I know it, Morris was going to rebuild it until he discovered that the hull was effectively rotten. Morris trashed the hull but kept the transom from the famous boat and his wife supposedly still has it hanging up in his shop??? The last word I heard was that she was trying to sell everything off ????

Sorry to hear Morris passed away> We built him a couple struts/rudder/fins for his fleet> didn't he have a couple of the Dan Blocker (Bonanza) boats?

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Footer
There is a guy on the west coast (Martin Franzini) that has one. I think I can get a contact # if you are serious, pm me. There are not many of those hulls around ??? Not sure why or the whole story behind it but might be an interesting project if the price was right. Those front seats would have to go first....:D:D:D
rb

This Campbell's for sale near me. Being a fan of classic daycruiser styling, tunnelhulls, and v-drives, it's interesting. What's the performance potential? Is it worth a look?

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/boa/d/campbell-day-cruiser-tunnel/6219888936.html