WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

He was a quiet guy that kept to himself mostly....

Jms-1

Reaction score
Howdy. So I've been lurking for a while but I finally have a running boat again so I might as well introduce myself. My name is Jason and I'm a addict. Growing up my family took us kids to Temple Bar and once a year to Powell. Born and raised in San Diego, I started going to the lower river after high school with my friends and my first boat was a 1970 Charger V-drive. Then when my son was born the wife wanted something with more room so we acquired a 79 Miller jet from a friend who passed away. We ran it for a season before it started to fall apart so I parked it and started to restore it. Then the Economy tanked and it was put in storage. Fast forward to now and our needs and wants have changed again so the Miller was sold. While looking for a 21'-22' open bow I/0 like a Cole or Howard I came across this Advantage Classic another friend had for sale. Its an 88 with a BBC and a Bravo drive with left hand steering from the factory. Its not exactly what we wanted but we liked it and couldn't pass it up. It has been sitting for a while and needs some love but it will get us back on the water. I have a bunch of questions about this hull and look forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Thanks for having a great site that is full of info and I should have joined sooner. Sorry about the novel , just wanted to give some back story.

Attachments

• smith advantage 2.jpg
    smith advantage 2.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 119
  • smith advantage 1.jpg
    smith advantage 1.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 119
  • smith advantage 5.jpg
    smith advantage 5.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 119

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus Jason, nice little sled u have there [emoji6] [emoji482] [emoji202]

Wadernation

Reaction score
welcome! looks like you live pretty close to me out in SD. Where do you guys normally go on the Lower River?

Jms-1

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the welcome. We use to go to Fishers then a friend had a place in McIntyre for a while. My In laws go to Walters camp all the time and well probably go with them when we all get time off together. Now with a prop it might change though well see.

Wadernation

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the welcome. We use to go to Fishers then a friend had a place in McIntyre for a while. My In laws go to Walters camp all the time and well probably go with them when we all get time off together. Now with a prop it might change though well see.

small world. We are at walters as well. Who are your inlaws?

Wadernation

Reaction score
The Southward's , They are usually with Carl Evens and Tommy Chase most of the time.

we are tom's neighbors to the north side. I know carl as well! Next time you are down ask for the Whitacre's and i will have a beer for ya. :thumbsup

Jms-1

Reaction score
we are tom's neighbors to the north side. I know carl as well! Next time you are down ask for the Whitacre's and i will have a beer for ya. :thumbsup
That's funny! Its a small world in east county, I've known Carl for a long time even before I met my in laws . I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point. Your name isn't Don by chance is it?