WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blown Vs. Twin Turbo

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
Why do you see more TT setups in these boats opposed to a big N/A or blower deal?

Easier on the motor?
Drivability?
Cheaper fuel?
Personal preference?

Don't own a Schiada(yet) but do have a blown mini in the stable, so I cant answer it correctly myself.

farmo83

Reaction score
My .02

I think turbo's are more top end oriented which is generally what your going for in boats, especially in a Schiada. Also I know personally the last person I knew that had a blower on his boat went to a turbo as he kept blowing engines as blowers were harder to tune(at least at that time). This was years ago before the advent of modern technology and super chillers so I'm sure things have changed quite a bit.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Why do you see more TT setups in these boats opposed to a big N/A or blower deal?

Easier on the motor?
Drivability?
Cheaper fuel?
Personal preference?

Don't own a Schiada(yet) but do have a blown mini in the stable, so I cant answer it correctly myself.

Short Answer......Money. Blown is cheaper and Twin Turbos are more exotic and expensive.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
also you don't want boost when you let off the throttle( like air born) over spinning a motor/tranny/drive gets really expensive, RIGHT NOW!

thetub

Reaction score
also it makes free horsepower in the sense that turbos are spooled off of exhaust and not off of the crank of the motor

but nowadays these new whipple style blowers are getting pretty efficient.

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
also it makes free horsepower in the sense that turbos are spooled off of exhaust and not off of the crank of the motor

but nowadays these new whipple style blowers are getting pretty efficient.
Still takes power to turn them too.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

Easier on the motor?
Drivability?
Cheaper fuel?
Personal preference?

Turbo engines will go longer between rebuilds typically.
Drivability will depend on your tune I would say typically turbo engines have more manners
Fuel will depend on how much boost you are running. Both engines can run on pump, av, race fuel or e85.
Personally I prefer turbos, they are quieter, longer between rebuilds, generally are better around docks (but again will depend on who tunes it). They are not quite as good out of the hole (turbo lag) but with the some of the new engines and EFI systems lag is becoming a lot less. I think the horsepower out of a turbo engine is more reliable...my .02

rivergames

Reaction score
Turbos are cool if you are lacking a sack of balls!

:skull

welldigger00

Reaction score
I love the look and sound of a blower motor. It is hot rodding for sure. I can tell you one thing for sure about a blower motor is you need to be careful and not get a beach towel sucked in between the pulley and belt. It gets costly. As far as which one one out performs the other, there is only a handful of people on the planet that ski behind these things, and a 1000 plus horse power in either configuration is still a stupid amount of power. The subtle differences are probably a moot point when you're skiing 100 mph plus.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I love the look and sound of a blower motor. It is hot rodding for sure. I can tell you one thing for sure about a blower motor is you need to be careful and not get a beach towel sucked in between the pulley and belt. It gets costly. As far as which one one out performs the other, there is only a handful of people on the planet that ski behind these things, and a 1000 plus horse power in either configuration is still a stupid amount of power. The subtle differences are probably a moot point when you're skiing 100 mph plus.

Noted.

At least it wasn't a headful of hair. :yikes

welldigger00

Reaction score
I'd like to see your "yellow legal pad" with all the notes on it! J/k. I have a very limited interior layout on my boat, and a beach towel slid under the trans and sat under the oil pan on the engine, and by the looks of things, it was being sawed at with the lower blower pulley. I was idling around temple bar, and when I left there, I tipped into the throttle, and it grabbed the towel up and broke the shit out of things. Needless to say, it was a $5k belt change. IMG_0690.jpg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I'd like to see your "yellow legal pad" with all the notes on it! J/k. I have a very limited interior layout on my boat, and a beach towel slid under the trans and sat under the oil pan on the engine, and by the looks of things, it was being sawed at with the lower blower pulley. I was idling around temple bar, and when I left there, I tipped into the throttle, and it grabbed the towel up and broke the shit out of things. Needless to say, it was a $5k belt change.

Messy

SKIA36

Reaction score
Turbos are cool if you are lacking a sack of balls!

:skull

Pure BS, Brummett is selling Turbo motors to the Skater boys because they are more drive-able, more reliable, and make more HP than the PSI Blown motors. Ask the blown GN boys why they outlawed Gary Harabedians turbo Schiada.

rivergames

Reaction score
Pure BS, Brummett is selling Turbo motors to the Skater boys because they are more drive-able, more reliable, and make more HP than the PSI Blown motors. Ask the blown GN boys why they outlawed Gary Harabedians turbo Schiada.
Would you like some tuna Taaar Taaar!

SKIA36

Reaction score
Would you like some tuna Taaar Taaar!

I'll have the butler prepare and serve it as we will be fresh from this weekends 2.5 day Tuna trip out of San Pindejo with my son on a private charter. Cheerio old chap!!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score