WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What motor works best with Schiada 10'

sir.woody

Reaction score
About to start tearing into the floor of my Schiada 10' in the next couple weeks. Also starting to look for a 40hp outboard. Anyone know which motor works best? Also anyone possibly have motor for sale that would work great for this thing?

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Look to see if you can find a 3 cylinder Tohatsu 40. The weight can't be more than 160lbs whatever motor you end up with. With the tohatsu it will push it to about 45mph

CycloneRacing

Reaction score
About to start tearing into the floor of my Schiada 10' in the next couple weeks. Also starting to look for a 40hp outboard. Anyone know which motor works best? Also anyone possibly have motor for sale that would work great for this thing?

I have a 30HP Tohatsu that was somewhat taken apart. The powerhead, mid-section and lower unit were un-bolted from each other and put on the shelf. This is the engine my 10' Schiada came with. Seems to have good compression and is all there. I will sell it cheap if you want it.

Was planning on rebuilding it but I found a 40HP Tohatsu short shaft on craigslist for super cheap a while back. I didn't need it but it was one of those deals I couldn't pass up.

sir.woody

Reaction score
I have a 30HP Tohatsu that was somewhat taken apart. The powerhead, mid-section and lower unit were un-bolted from each other and put on the shelf. This is the engine my 10' Schiada came with. Seems to have good compression and is all there. I will sell it cheap if you want it.

Was planning on rebuilding it but I found a 40HP Tohatsu short shaft on craigslist for super cheap a while back. I didn't need it but it was one of those deals I couldn't pass up.

I think I'm gonna stick with a 40hp. I have an 80's 30hp Evinrude with good compression and good lower unit just gotta get it running. But I'm gonna find a 40 and work on the 30hp once the boat is done.

sir.woody

Reaction score
Luckily I already have 1 ready to go on my mini in case my current 40 detonates :D

If I was looking for another motor, I'd check this out and if in great shape, pick it up
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bpo/d/tohatsu/6201913634.html

I just saw that one today. Messaged the guy and gonna go check it out this week. I'm gonna check the compression and couple other little things. Anything major I should look out for? Do you know what the compression range is for the Tohatsu 40?

rivergames

Reaction score
I just saw that one today. Messaged the guy and gonna go check it out this week. I'm gonna check the compression and couple other little things. Anything major I should look out for? Do you know what the compression range is for the Tohatsu 40?

Compression and make sure the lower shifts fine.

I believe 120 PSI in each cylinder