WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2.3 side mount blower

hawgty55

Reaction score
Looking into one of these setups for my 502 and help is greatly appreciated. There are several for sal and curious if anyone has had or is running one currently. I believe that whipple doeant deal with them anymore,but seems like it could be a good setup. Thanks in advance.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Looking into one of these setups for my 502 and help is greatly appreciated. There are several for sal and curious if anyone has had or is running one currently. I believe that whipple doeant deal with them anymore,but seems like it could be a good setup. Thanks in advance.

I think you would be happier (more power, less heat) with a 3300, based on an engine I put together for Stokerwhore a number of years back.

hawgty55

Reaction score
I think you would be happier (more power, less heat) with a 3300, based on an engine I put together for Stokerwhore a number of years back.

Not to motor savey could you explain on what id be looking at?

hawgty55

Reaction score
Im also intrested in a procharger setup for it but haven't cane across any efi setups

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
the 2.3 may good for like 3 psi boost but if you want to make boost beyond that for a 502 cu in deal your going to have to spin the little 2.3 blower way too fast. while that set may have been "ok" back in the day, if you want to make real power sell the motor you got an build a blower motor. half assed builds will give you half assed result- for a little while. the 502 did have good parts in it if i remmber right

hawgty55

Reaction score
the 2.3 may good for like 3 psi boost but if you want to make boost beyond that for a 502 cu in deal your going to have to spin the little 2.3 blower way too fast. while that set may have been "ok" back in the day, if you want to make real power sell the motor you got an build a blower motor. half assed builds will give you half assed result- for a little while. the 502 did have good parts in it if i remmber right

Thanks for the input. Im currently working options to work with the cuurent boat and setup i have. If i want to go big power 800+ id probably sale and buy another boat with big power already in it.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Another reason for the 2 setups im inquiring about has to do with not wanting to add increased height to the hatch.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Not to motor savey could you explain on what id be looking at?

A larger blower can move more air per revolution. In order to get the same amount of air with the smaller 2300 blower, you have to turn it quite a bit faster, which generates more heat. Once you do that, you are not adding power even if you see the number on the boost gauge increase, since it's hotter, less dense air.

I mentioned Stokerwhore's engine because he does have direct experience with the same engine and first a 2300 (which made heat and burned a piston), and the current 3300 Whipple that is on it, that has been flawless for 7 or so years now.

I do understand the space constraint. Depending on what you would spend on the blower you might have yours rebuilt with a stroker crank, 540 cubic inches, and get somewhere above 600 hp with a mild pump gas engine.

hawgty55

Reaction score
A larger blower can move more air per revolution. In order to get the same amount of air with the smaller 2300 blower, you have to turn it quite a bit faster, which generates more heat. Once you do that, you are not adding power even if you see the number on the boost gauge increase, since it's hotter, less dense air.

I mentioned Stokerwhore's engine because he does have direct experience with the same engine and first a 2300 (which made heat and burned a piston), and the current 3300 Whipple that is on it, that has been flawless for 7 or so years now.

I do understand the space constraint. Depending on what you would spend on the blower you might have yours rebuilt with a stroker crank, 540 cubic inches, and get somewhere above 600 hp with a mild pump gas engine.
Thanks for the input obnoxious. My cousin has told me to get ahold of you when i was ready to boost up my HP on my current setup. By the sounds of it he is correct. If your intrested let me know and i could pm you or call to put some numbers together on where i would stand price wise on getting up to that 600 hp range where id like to be.