WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whipple 500/525 EFI Kit

rivrbrat

Reaction score
I have a complete brand new unmolested Stage3/4 kit.

Everything new still in Whipple shipping boxes. Have all documentations, receipts, step by step installation instructions. Re-programing your ECM was part of the original package. Dustin should still honor this, if not we will work it out. And yes the Compressor was manufactured by Whipple and not Lysholm.. Kit was purchased in December 2005 and delivered January 2006.

I plan to unbox, itemize and document with pictures every component in the kit upon a valid agreement with a buyer.

whipple pic.jpg Disclaimer this is not the actually picture of my blower. Mine is still in the box. Only been opened one time to inspect after delivery.

ltzcrew

Reaction score
saw this on OSO, was interested but no info was given..

rivrbrat

Reaction score
kit numbers? to know compressor size and what it was optioned with

Its a Stage 3/4. It has a 3.3 liter compressor. 65 pound injectors and it has the MOAC Chiller. It's basically the same kit you can buy today with all the options for over 12k..
But obliviously I'm not expecting to to get 12k for mine. But I will to entertain any reasonable offers. These 50 & 75 percent low ball offers are ridiculous.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Its a Stage 3/4. It has a 3.3 liter compressor. 65 pound injectors and it has the MOAC Chiller. It's basically the same kit you can buy today with all the options for over 12k..
But obliviously I'm not expecting to to get 12k for mine. But I will to entertain any reasonable offers. These 50 & 75 percent low ball offers are ridiculous.

Friendly advice: While I understand your frustration with "low ball" offers you never listed a price and still haven't. Just referencing what it would cost today and that you're not expecting to get that. You may want to list the price you want. GLWS

ltzcrew

Reaction score

i have never seen a 500/525 kit with more stages then 1 or 2, - mind you i didnt look to hard and got side tracked by the 600/700sc kits haha, along with it being around 10 years old and the changes in compressor tech i would be in that 50=60% area as a offer as their is no stated price., seals dry out and bearings get flat spots if they sit in one spot dry for ever. would need it all gone threw before it was spun up. if you are serious about selling i am looking for a deal on it. if it is what you really say it is.

rivrbrat

Reaction score
i have never seen a 500/525 kit with more stages then 1 or 2, - mind you i didnt look to hard and got side tracked by the 600/700sc kits haha, along with it being around 10 years old and the changes in compressor tech i would be in that 50=60% area as a offer as their is no stated price., seals dry out and bearings get flat spots if they sit in one spot dry for ever. would need it all gone threw before it was spun up. if you are serious about selling i am looking for a deal on it. if it is what you really say it is.

.jpe

1. See attached pic.

2.Please explain in detail why you feel this kit has depreciated 50% in value by sitting on a shelf in it's original box.

3.What changes in compressor tech are you talking about?

4.Never heard of a bearing going flat just sitting, but maybe you can provide some proof/pics of this phenomenon.

5.What seals are you talking about?

I'm only serious if the price is right.... I think you should be looking for one of the 2.3 liter kits that are widely available and in your price range.

Just because I bought this as a Xmas present for my husband doesn't mean it's Xmas in August for everyone else.Lol

ltzcrew

Reaction score
View attachment 579369

1. See attached pic.

2.Please explain in detail why you feel this kit has depreciated 50% in value by sitting on a shelf in it's original box.

3.What changes in compressor tech are you talking about?

4.Never heard of a bearing going flat just sitting, but maybe you can provide some proof/pics of this phenomenon.

5.What seals are you talking about?

I'm only serious if the price is right.... I think you should be looking for one of the 2.3 liter kits that are widely available and in your price range.

Just because I bought this as a Xmas present for my husband doesn't mean it's Xmas in August for everyone else.Lol
no but 12 years old is not worth 80% retail. might as well buy new and get some security. even if it is brand new in box it is not worth what you paid for it so maybe it will be a shelf part for 12 more years. part of buying new is having the dealer/ retailer looking after you and the support and coverage if anything bites the big one. this is 12 years old. zero free support or any one standing behind it. even if it is un boxed. its not some hemi barn find. its a forced induction kit for a out of production motor. that has been sitting in packing, again for 12 years, any and all the seals on the oil baths, jack shafts, and what ever els along with anything that is meant to moves has been sitting in the same spot for said time with no heat cycling or change in position. with maybe some or no oil on them to coat them. i dunno but letting something dry up is just as bad for it as letting it wear out. thank you for the picture, that is the first one i cant find as a stock photo.

new kits for the 500efi go for 9-10k from every place online, can probably call and get some kind of deal. so what number are you expecting

rivrbrat

Reaction score
no but 12 years old is not worth 80% retail. might as well buy new and get some security. even if it is brand new in box it is not worth what you paid for it so maybe it will be a shelf part for 12 more years. part of buying new is having the dealer/ retailer looking after you and the support and coverage if anything bites the big one. this is 12 years old. zero free support or any one standing behind it. even if it is un boxed. its not some hemi barn find. its a forced induction kit for a out of production motor. that has been sitting in packing, again for 12 years, any and all the seals on the oil baths, jack shafts, and what ever els along with anything that is meant to moves has been sitting in the same spot for said time with no heat cycling or change in position. with maybe some or no oil on them to coat them. i dunno but letting something dry up is just as bad for it as letting it wear out. thank you for the picture, that is the first one i cant find as a stock photo.

new kits for the 500efi go for 9-10k from every place online, can probably call and get some kind of deal. so what number are you expecting

At the rate the grinding as been going I'm expecting the kit to stay sitting on the shelf. No love lost I have 2 other projects I can use the blower on and piece together the rest.

You've dump a lot of speculation in this listing any of it based on facts from anyone at Whipple?

HavaToon

Reaction score
At the rate the grinding as been going I'm expecting the kit to stay sitting on the shelf. No love lost I have 2 other projects I can use the blower on and piece together the rest.

You've dump a lot of speculation in this listing any of it based on facts from anyone at Whipple?

This is funny. Again friendly advice as I am not in the market for this but you listed something for sale with no price and when an interested party makes you an offer that's lower than you are willing to take but again you have never posted a price you get pissed. Post a price or delete the add.

Englewood

Reaction score
One just sold for 6k on oso...I'm in for $6k if interested.

ltzcrew

Reaction score

i have zero info on the kit to go to whipple with besides a photo of the manuals covers. most of it is common seance from anyone with any kinda of mechanical back ground. i do hope the dust collecting on it dosent render it to heavy to pick up and sell later. id be down at 6k