WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SCHIADA REGATTA 2017

highlimit9000

Reaction score
IMG_1981.jpg

aaronschiada

Reaction score
I say a few of us come together for next years Schiada Regatta and plan it in Havasu. Stay at the Nautical and change things up a little bit. Maybe make it a bit more of an event where we can all drive our boats together....who's up for that?

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great time, even with the bad weather. I was trying to make it this year with the Cougar. But carburetor issues and a short turn around trip made me rethink.
Keep up with the pictures!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I say a few of us come together for next years Schiada Regatta and plan it in Havasu. Stay at the Nautical and change things up a little bit. Maybe make it a bit more of an event where we can all drive our boats together....who's up for that?
Not enough parking at Fox's? [emoji1]

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Not enough parking at Fox's? [emoji1]

Definitely not, but change is good. Would be cool to drive to different destinations (i.e.: Topock, Pirates, Down river, take over the channel) as a group. I'd be will I find to help organize if anyone is willing. I'll be at the Nautical the last weekend of September with about 9 or 10 Schiada's for my bachelor party. So I'll let you know how it goes.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

I did that little get together in November last year.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Well let's do the actual regatta there next year. What do ya think?

I'm good with whatever. It's nice to change it up once in a while. We could do a nota regatta ourselves as well.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I'll bet! The Diva is going to need a good whore bath! Who has the lavender body spray?!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I looked at ur dock for ya. Where u at ?

I'm back in the Oc. running the family business while the others are out playing. :grumble:

Thanks for checking on the dock. If you see that Eddie Knox guy tied to it, throw him off! :D

Groper

Reaction score

Guess that makes two of us....haha

I'm good with whatever. It's nice to change it up once in a while.

Ok so four of us now, and there are 4-6 or? other Schiadas in Havasu :thumbsup

milkmoney

Reaction score
Add me , I will go where ever [emoji202] [emoji106]

welldigger00

Reaction score
I've never stayed at the nautical, I'd like to try it out.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Definitely not, but change is good. Would be cool to drive to different destinations (i.e.: Topock, Pirates, Down river, take over the channel) as a group. I'd be will I find to help organize if anyone is willing. I'll be at the Nautical the last weekend of September with about 9 or 10 Schiada's for my bachelor party. So I'll let you know how it goes.[/QU

Count me in as long as it's on the weekend and I don't have to work . Another get together in Havasu would be cool , I'm there almost every weekend anyway .....

Lyn

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok so four of us now, and there are 4-6 or? other Schiadas in Havasu :thumbsup

I'm in, and would be down to host a BBQ at my house here in LHC like I used to do down in Parker for the Notta Regatta's. Or help organize the event depending on how official you guys want to do it. I can also organize banquet rooms etc like we do for Desert Storm if you want a real deal regatta type thing. I'd have to go over that with Lee if you guys wanted it to be an official regatta though.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here's my pics from Saturday. Everyone hiding from the rain.

IMG_3854.jpg IMG_3855.jpg IMG_3856.jpg

30+ Schiada's sitting out in the rain (and it actually got to raining pretty good towards the afternoon)
IMG_3857.jpg IMG_3858.jpg IMG_3859.jpg IMG_3860.jpg

Lee's boat and Big's Twin turbo boat were the last 2 on the beach waiting out the rain. Everyone else went for shelter up river at the bars or home etc..

IMG_3861.jpg IMG_3862.jpg IMG_3863.jpg

After the Sun came out, everybody went up to Fox's per the usual Schiada "Notta Regatta"

IMG_3876.jpg IMG_3875.jpg IMG_3867.jpg IMG_3868.jpg IMG_3871.jpg IMG_3874.jpg IMG_3869.jpg IMG_3873.jpg IMG_3870.jpg IMG_3872.jpg IMG_3866.jpg IMG_3865.jpg IMG_3864.jpg

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Remainder of the pics and some video for the regatta including the "tipsy" speech over at Big's.. :D

IMG_3881.jpg IMG_3878.jpg IMG_3882.jpg IMG_3877.jpg IMG_3883.jpg IMG_3884.jpg

[video=youtube_https;wSZfZHktaHY]https://youtu.be/wSZfZHktaHY[/video]

highlimit9000

Reaction score
I'm in for Havasu for sure! If you need any help organizing I would also be available.

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
I'd like to keep the Parker event, and maybe do another one in Havasu. These things can be well organized or small and simple, either way is fun. OD1 had a small get together of Schiada's in Havasu, and if I remember correctly I thought there used to be a "Notta Regatta" in May before.

I'd prefer to leave the Parker event alone and do a separate Havasu deal. I don't need a big ballroom type event, I just like seeing a bunch of Schiada's and having beers. I guess my point is if there are Schiada's and my cooler, I'd try to make it wherever it is.

rivergames

Reaction score
I'd like to keep the Parker event, and maybe do another one in Havasu. These things can be well organized or small and simple, either way is fun. OD1 had a small get together of Schiada's in Havasu, and if I remember correctly I thought there used to be a "Notta Regatta" in May before.

I'd prefer to leave the Parker event alone and do a separate Havasu deal. I don't need a big ballroom type event, I just like seeing a bunch of Schiada's and having beers. I guess my point is if there are Schiada's and my cooler, I'd try to make it wherever it is.

I'm on the same page :tbi

aaronschiada

Reaction score
well then lets do a "before summer schiada notta regatta"!! id be down for late spring for sure. but you can bet your ass ill be staying at the Nautical Resort and parking the boat on the beach:thumbsup

welldigger00

Reaction score
well then lets do a "before summer schiada notta regatta"!! id be down for late spring for sure. but you can bet your ass ill be staying at the Nautical Resort and parking the boat on the beach:thumbsup

Count me in for that too!

highlimit9000

Reaction score

What about the weekend of May 11th-13th? That would be about a month after Desert Storm since a lot of people would go to both.

BamBam

Reaction score

I really don't have a say cause I haven't been able to make a regatta in 10 years (maybe 9). I did go to the last official Schiada Regatta in Havi. We had the ballroom and the whole shooting match. My son (now almost 16) was the "Prince" and still has the framed "Prince of the Regatta" displayed in his room. I will say though it is so much easier for me to make it to a regatta in Parker. The dates have just sucked for me the past few years with that weekend being the start of school and football season for the boys. I would be up for a May regatta in Parker again depending upon the dates. I love hanging out with other Schiada fans and owners. I would try to make a Havi event, but it costs me more to stay in Havi than at the house in Parker.

BamBam

Reaction score
Yah true. How about 18th-20th of May

I'll have to see as we get closer, but that would probably be a good weekend. It's the weekend before Memorial Day usually that means less boats on the water :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll have to see as we get closer, but that would probably be a good weekend. It's the weekend before Memorial Day usually that means less boats on the water :thumbsup

Living out here I can assure you that IS NOT the case.. The weekend before there is a DUI checkpoint deal.. the lake is packed as well. The weekend after is packed as well. :(

RD

NotToShyada

Reaction score
Im diggin the redone 70-80's 22er, I have never seen this one before :thumbsup
Just saw this. Haven’t been on RDP since the Schiada Notta Regatta. That’s my ‘75 RC red and white buttercup. It spends its summers up in Lake Arrowhead and is infamous with the cranky ass lake patrol. Sad to say, you might see her listed on here soon. Life changes, oh well. Killer boat, built to look recreational and shes actually pretty user friendly. But she does require all of your attention when you get over 80.

NotToShyada

Reaction score
6738AFC3-3F2F-4E30-A02E-F89E7DDFCF63.jpeg
2017 Schiada Notta Regatta. Here is what happens when we’re not looking.
I’m not complaining...

Note that the Tommygun pic shows the precise moment when l realize she’s shooting the selfie.

Lot’s of fun that day even though the weather and river got sketchy later. My beast powered through the gale driven chop without a blink. I love these V-driven 22’s

aaronschiada

Reaction score
View attachment 611988 2017 Schiada Notta Regatta. Here is what happens when we’re not looking.
I’m not complaining...

Note that the Tommygun pic shows the precise moment when l realize she’s shooting the selfie.

Lot’s of fun that day even though the weather and river got sketchy later. My beast powered through the gale driven chop without a blink. I love these V-driven 22’s

sorry to hear about the possible sale. cool, clean rig. you're gonna regret selling it.