WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Color Sanding Before and After

YZFRider

Reaction score
There are not a lot of before and after detail jobs in this section, so I figured I would post one up. Here are some pics of a color sanding job I recently completed. Pictures do not do it justice, but as you can see the boat has quite a bit of oxidation and swirls. To get the boat back to new, I used my DA Buffer and damp sanded the boat starting with 1000 grit, working my to 3000. I finished with a compound and a light cutting pad. Finally, I sealed the boat using Marine 31 sealant. It took me approximately 6 hours to color sand this boat. Thanks for looking and let me know if you guys have any questions.
http://www.attention2detaillhc.com
BeforeAfter1.jpg BeforeAfter2.jpg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great. You wanna tackle a 24' Cheetah?

YZFRider

Reaction score
To update this thread, I thought I would give you guys another color sanding picture of an oxidized transom. Heat is a big factor in oxidation which is caused by the breakdown in electrons in certain material (metals, fiberglass etc.). Transoms that have above water exhausts will produce more heat in the gel and create a lot of oxidation. In this picture its pretty obvious that the right side is oxidized and the left side has been color sanded from 800 to 4000 grit and polished.
Jon
Attention 2 Detail

Attachments

• TransomBeforeAfterClose.jpg
    TransomBeforeAfterClose.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 321